NFL: 2016 NFL Offseason News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Brown caught me by surprise. Most top receivers (Jones, Hopkins, Megatron, Thomas etc) are former 1st round picks. He, Wheaton and Bryant are all thirds or later, impressive drafting/scouting by Colbert & Tomlin.

I know, I wasn't dissing you, but some elite receivers get picked later

Jeffery is one, TO was a second rounder, Marshall was. A late pick

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Rod Smith was a UDFA. The Jags have Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson leading them. A UDFA and a "reach" 2nd rounder.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Who gives a **** what Lamarr Houston thinks. He said that what Zeke Elliott wore to the draft was "disrespectful". So that's two more things than I would have liked to hear from him today. He also hurt himself while celebrating a sack down 25 points, so he's got a lot of room to talk.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Brown caught me by surprise. Most top receivers (Jones, Hopkins, Megatron, Thomas etc) are former 1st round picks. He, Wheaton and Bryant are all thirds or later, impressive drafting/scouting by Colbert & Tomlin.

Emmannuel Sanders, too. Throw in Nate Washington as a UDFA a few years earlier, too...and I expect big things from Sammie Coates this year.

Safe to say the Steelers won't be picking another WR in the 1st round for a good, long while.

Brown being drafted at where he was seemed to have a lot to do with people thinking that his college stats were the product of his QB and the situation in Central Michigan as Dan LeFevour was setting records. Instead he was the anti-Troy Edwards and LeFevour's pro career peaked at being drafted 14 spots higher than Brown.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
have a feeling people are going to be shocked at the dollar amount here. What's a 24 year old elite left tackle worth? 12 million a year?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Armstead's extension was 5 yrs/64.5 million guaranteed to $38 million. Big money but not unreasonable. 3rd highest paid left tackle.

Mad Brills*

Cordy glenn extended as well.

Wonder if gilmore gets done soon too.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
With every TE that signs a new deal, Olsen's looks better and better. That 5/50 makes Reed the highest paid TE in the league, tied with Jimmy Graham. He's good, but that's a lot of cash.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
lotsa money for a guy who has trouble staying on the field

worth it when healthy though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad