NFL: 2016 NFL Offseason News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
really had to pay the premium to take him from a division rival

Was Clay restricted when he signed? I feel like I remember that Miami could have matched if they wanted (if possible financially).

His contract is pretty absurd relative to his peers. Clay is a good player but he isn't that good

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
really had to pay the premium to take him from a division rival

Was Clay restricted when he signed? I feel like I remember that Miami could have matched if they wanted (if possible financially).

His contract is pretty absurd relative to his peers. Clay is a good player but he isn't that good

The Bills structured it so the Fins couldn't match. He def got overpaid, but it could be sticker shock, too. If he plays well and in 5 years is the 8th highest paid TE, maybe it'll balance out a bit. As with Osweiler, yesterdays crazy contract is tomorrow's average deal.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
49ers waived Jordan Devey. Normally I'd not comment but this guy was the ultimate matador of a guard. He got Brady crushed, Kaep crushed and hurt and Gabbert nearly killed in his first start against Atlanta by missing Philip Wheeler on a blitz pick up. I pray none of your teams decide to sign him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
49ers waived Jordan Devey. Normally I'd not comment but this guy was the ultimate matador of a guard. He got Brady crushed, Kaep crushed and hurt and Gabbert nearly killed in his first start against Atlanta by missing Philip Wheeler on a blitz pick up. I pray none of your teams decide to sign him.

He is the single most dominant QB wrecking force in the league. Not a great quality from an OG

When I got word the Pats move him for Asante Cleveland I was over the moon. Grass was greener, sky was clearer

I mean now I'm depressed about Cannon but hey he is better than Devey so there is that

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Reed is like 6 years younger than Walker and they are paying through his prime. Not really comparable.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Wake deal is a gamble for sure, but all observers seem to say he's still got that explosiveness in the workouts and stuff he did over the offseason.

Even if he doesn't reach that level again, i'm glad he's back.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
ESPN is the best :laugh:

2. Carolina Panthers

2015 record: 15-1
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 2

It's easy to forget how good the Panthers were last year, mainly because no one ever seemed to buy it while it was happening. This is a team that could lose four games off its 2015 win total and still win its division by three. But Cam Newton should be fine with these rankings as long as he can't overhear any Patriots players explaining why they're ranked No. 1.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears are far too low

Team was actually in playoff hunt until injuries on D and at WR hurt them in final weeks

The FA additions on D were very good so I don't get how ESPN downgrades Bears as a team after FA ,, I would argue the Bears overall had one of the better FA getting two starting ILB's + a starting DL

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bears are far too low

Team was actually in playoff until injuries on D and at WR hurt them in final weeks

The FA additions on D were very good so I don't get how ESPN downgrades Bears as a team after FA ,, I would argue the Bears overall had one of the better FA getting two starting ILB's + a starting DL

Vikes & Pats are easily better, going to be very hard for them to finish any higher than 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad