Prospect Info: 2016 5th Round - 133rd overall - Maxime Lajoie (D, Swift Current Broncos)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Just to nitpick, but that’s really bad maths here, considering that the last game vs Pittsburgh was on May 25th 2017... and I really don’t think there was a lot of negativity around the team before at least later in November. The Duchene trade was exciting, for people who had seen Duchene play before, who knew he was a significant upgrade over Turris, even if we liked Kyle. We weren’t particularly high on Bowers, so not much of a problem to give him up there and we were expecting that 2019 first to be outside of the top-15, maybe even top-20 with the Duchene upgrade. But that trade blew off in our faces since then (however with a Duchene extension and if the pick was out of the top-10/15, then it wouldn’t be bad at all. But all this is looking very unlikely at the moment)

So not really 18 months but more like 10 months ago. Personally I was still happy until the season completely went to hell, so I guess by January 2018 it was getting clear. And then Melnyk crisis/purge happened. My level of happiness with the team has gradually went down since the beginning of 2018. In conclusion, no idea how could a Sens fan would have NOT been happy before 2018, outside of the forever malcontents

Edit : I guess it really started at the outdoor game vs Montreal with Melnyk comments, so December 16th 2017

Sure but he isnt a better player than Phaneuf or Ceci....

But if you read the Sens board, you'd think that Ceci is the worst player in the universe though... So reading HF : take it with a big grain of salt (that also go for San Jose board on DeMelo). Evaluating NHL players is so subjective that the comments are all over the place. I have my opinions and I also listen to other people's opinions but I put more stock in "people in the know" opinions and also factual evidence. Ex, if Alex Tanguay talks about a NHL player, I listen carefully.

If you listen too much to HF boards, you'd think that Ryan was a fat lazy scrub. Yet, he has over 500 NHL pts by the age 30. Pacioretty is 29 y/o and he doesn't even have 500 pts yet. In the end, I think both players will have a similar kind of career (well depends what happens on the health front of course)

I put more credibility on certain posters vs others, ex with you, even if I don't always agree, when you evaluate a player, I listen.

That being said, Dylan DeMelo was just a throw in in that Karlsson trade, the least valuable piece by a fair margin.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert and Ice-Tray

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
1-1 in his first period of regular season NHL hockey...plus a crossbar early too.

Nice start kid and welcome to the team.

It was very telling that they sent him to Belleville last year when he could have gone to junior...think he was a very quiet steal for the Senators.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He’s definitely small and weak and will have to strengthen up.

But I like his instincts and patience with the puck.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Was terrific tonight. Not only did he have the goal and the assist, but he had two beautiful set-ups to Boedker and Tierney that should have ended up in goals.

Kid looks like a gem.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Just to nitpick, but that’s really bad maths here, considering that the last game vs Pittsburgh was on May 25th 2017... and I really don’t think there was a lot of negativity around the team before at least later in November. The Duchene trade was exciting, for people who had seen Duchene play before, who knew he was a significant upgrade over Turris, even if we liked Kyle. We weren’t particularly high on Bowers, so not much of a problem to give him up there and we were expecting that 2019 first to be outside of the top-15, maybe even top-20 with the Duchene upgrade. But that trade blew off in our faces since then (however with a Duchene extension and if the pick was out of the top-10/15, then it wouldn’t be bad at all. But all this is looking very unlikely at the moment)

So not really 18 months but more like 10 months ago. Personally I was still happy until the season completely went to hell, so I guess by January 2018 it was getting clear. And then Melnyk crisis/purge happened. My level of happiness with the team has gradually went down since the beginning of 2018. In conclusion, no idea how could a Sens fan would have NOT been happy before 2018, outside of the forever malcontents

Edit : I guess it really started at the outdoor game vs Montreal with Melnyk comments, so December 16th 2017

You've got way too much time on your hands.

Reactions: Liliaceae

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
God I hope Boucher gives the young D the green light to keep jumping up in the play. I'm worried he won't, because it's going to result in a ton of breaks the other way, but we really need D that can contribute to the offense and if his structure kills these instincts then whatever potential he has will be diminished.

Can anyone recall Boro going to the net like that during even-strength?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
God I hope Boucher gives the young D the green light to keep jumping up in the play. I'm worried he won't, because it's going to result in a ton of breaks the other way, but we really need D that can contribute to the offense and if his structure kills these instincts then whatever potential he has will be diminished.
Disagree with this. Its possible to be both responsible and to provide offense while jumping in. Lajoie was really good at this balance last night. Chabot...not so good.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Disagree with this. Its possible to be both responsible and to provide offense while jumping in. Lajoie was really good at this balance last night. Chabot...not so good.

All I'm saying is that some nights Lajoie will get it right, some nights not. same with Chabot, same with Wolanin.

But I think it's safe to say that it's the defensive part that takes more time to learn. Just hope they don't get told to hold back on their offensive instincts until they master the defensive structure. And I say this because other than EK, I don't recall a lot of sens dmen jumping to the front of the net like that over the past couple years.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
ppl were shitting on Demelo but i thought he had a good game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad