Prospect Info: 2016 5th Round - 133rd overall - Maxime Lajoie (D, Swift Current Broncos)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm not watching any preseason games this year (not due to a boycott or anything, I just don't think preseason hockey is worth a damn), but if this kid is as good as a lot of people are suggesting, it'll be interesting to see if this org is willing to find an NHL roster spot for him at the expense of sending Harpur's 1-way salary to the AHL.

The team is apparently going to carry 22 (not 23) players.

Boucher has stated he will likely only carry 12 forwards and 8 defenders. This means there is room to potentially carry Lajoie, Wolanin, Harpur, Demelo, Boro, Wideman, Chabot, and Ceci.

Wolanin was sent down, but I wouldn't take whatever the opening night roster as an indication that certain guys didn't "make" the team. We've seen them mess around before with guys getting spots because they weren't waiver exempt, or guys losing spots temporarily because they want to give a player a taste of the NHL to start the season before sending them back down in exchange for a player who started in the AHL.

(edit: Carey is actually on a two way, I was wrong) Right now, Paul Carey is in the AHL on a 1 way deal. So it'll be interesting to see if more guys like McCormick or Harpur end up there, or if they limit it to 1.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The team is apparently going to carry 22 (not 23) players.

Boucher has stated he will likely only carry 12 forwards and 8 defenders. This means there is room to potentially carry Lajoie, Wolanin, Harpur, Demelo, Boro, Wideman, Chabot, and Ceci.

Wolanin was sent down, but I wouldn't take whatever the opening night roster as an indication that certain guys didn't "make" the team. We've seen them mess around before with guys getting spots because they weren't waiver exempt, or guys losing spots temporarily because they want to give a player a taste of the NHL to start the season before sending them back down in exchange for a player who started in the AHL.

Right now, Paul Carey is in the AHL on a 1 way deal. So it'll be interesting to see if more guys like McCormick or Harpur end up there, or if they limit it to 1.

Are you sure Carey is on a 1W deal? Looks like he makes $350k in the AHL.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Don't fix what ain't broken:

Chabot-Ceci
Lajoie-Demelo
Boro-Wideman

I think Ceci has the potential to become Chabot's Methot-lite with slightly more offensive upside.

Come at me Ceci haters.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
The kids looks like our best d outside of Chabot and Wideman. His d zone coverage has been better than Ceci even.

Glad he's on the squad for this year.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I like that he seems to have made the team because he's looked very good, but also don't like that our D depth is so bad that is he basically already good enough for our 2nd pair

Reactions: derriko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd like to see Wolanin push Boro down to 7th D and Harpur to Belleville. Put Demelo on the bottom pair and move Wideman up to play with Lajoie. In the new year trade Boro and bring Jaros up , pushing Demelo to 7th D.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Doesnt get any hotter than that. Go read the demelo thread on the san jose board.

Seriously, they didn't even qualify him as an RFA. They gave everyone in the league a chance to sign him no strings attached for a full week before they said "meh we'll take you for under 1 mill"

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleBeat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad