Prospect Info: 2016 5th Round - 133rd overall - Maxime Lajoie (D, Swift Current Broncos)

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I loved this pick when it was made and he's just gotten better at every step since. He's going to be a legit top 4.

It kills me to say this but in a year or two he would have made the perfect partner for EK. A mobile, skilled defenseman who is very focused defensively. Such a f***ing shame.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I loved this pick when it was made and he's just gotten better at every step since. He's going to be a legit top 4.

It kills me to say this but in a year or two he would have made the perfect partner for EK. A mobile, skilled defenseman who is very focused defensively. Such a ****ing shame.

Have faith, bro. All we need is Melnyk to sell. Hopefully something catastrophic happens in the sales talks.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
With his emergence our pipeline on D is looking very nice. Wolanin/Jaros/Docker/Tychonick coming up soon. Hopefully Boro is shot to the moon by then and Ceci traded.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
With his emergence our pipeline on D is looking very nice. Wolanin/Jaros/Docker/Tychonick coming up soon. Hopefully Boro is shot to the moon by then and Ceci traded.

Problem is that the major team weakness is the RD...

Ceci-Wideman-DeMelo-Harpur

Jaros and JBD but only Jaros is close to ready

I don't mind trading Ceci, but need to get 2 RD another way and one better than Ceci.

Maybe get Karlsson from San Jose? :sarcasm:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Problem is that the major team weakness is the RD...

Ceci-Wideman-DeMelo-Harpur

Jaros and JBD but only Jaros is close to ready

I don't mind trading Ceci, but need to get 2 RD another way and one better than Ceci.

Maybe get Karlsson from San Jose? :sarcasm:

Followed closely by the second major team weakness . . . . the LD.

Reactions: NorthCoast

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Followed closely by the second major team weakness . . . . the LD.

Hmmm, I take the left side over the right side easily.

Chabot, Lajoie, Borowiecki > Ceci, Wideman, DeMelo

However having Boro on the left makes it closer. Wolanin please. Problem is they are all very young an inexperienced but having Chabot, Lajoie and Wolanin on the left would be much better than anything we could have on the right.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

However having Boro on the left makes it closer. Wolanin please. Problem is they are all very young an inexperienced but having Chabot, Lajoie and Wolanin on the left would be much better than anything we could have on the right.

Yeah and Tyconick in a couple years should be ready too. Our LD is looking sexy.

Reactions: Xspyrit

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Some of the guys will have to learn to play their off side...not enough room for all those LD and we really need the flexibility to move the RD until that side of the prospect list fills in.

FA is an option to0.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Whoooo...I kill me sometimes...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Some of the guys will have to learn to play their off side...not enough room for all those LD and we really need the flexibility to move the RD until that side of the prospect list fills in.

Bernard-Docker is a RD.

I'm hoping for good things from that kid.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Oh I know - just saying at some point we can't have 5 NHL level LD as they would be wasted unless someone can move over or we make a trade...

Because we know GMPD will get fair value in a trade.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Whooo...I kill me sometimes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'd take any of those guys playing their wrong side over Boro. And... trading Ceci for a half decent futures return we don't lose much. He does not bring enough to worry about the strength of our D. Our D is going to be weak with him or with out him. Boro needs to go as well. He isn't better than virtually any body.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'd take any of those guys playing their wrong side over Boro. And... trading Ceci for a half decent futures return we don't lose much. He does not bring enough to worry about the strength of our D. Our D is going to be weak with him or with out him. Boro needs to go as well. He isn't better than virtually any body.

Chabot-DeMelo
Lajoie-Wideman
Wolanin-Jaros

I'm all for trading Ceci and get rid of Boro but RD is too weak like this. Ceci is still much better than DeMelo

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chabot-DeMelo
Lajoie-Wideman
Wolanin-Jaros

I'm all for trading Ceci and get rid of Boro but RD is too weak like this. Ceci is still much better than DeMelo

its marginally weaker is my point. If we can get a good return for Ceci , its not worth hanging on to him for fear that our D won't stand up. We can't stand up with him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
D in 3YRs or so could look something like:

Chabot - Ceci
Lajoie - Jaros
Wolanin - JBD
Tychonick

Doesn't look too shabby. Would look great if we could find a way to add a future top pairing RD through trade or the draft to replace Ceci/Jaros.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
D in 3YRs or so could look something like:

Chabot - Ceci
Lajoie - Jaros
Wolanin - JBD
Tychonick

Doesn't look too shabby. Would look great if we could find a way to add a future top pairing RD through trade or the draft to replace Ceci/Jaros.
Top RD are hard to find you never find one that don’t exist don’t even know what that is

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad