Injury Report: 2016-2017 Edition II

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Therrien used the term "lightly injured". He doesn't think its a re-aggravation. That sounds day-to-day. Montreal has two games over the next 7 days. I doubt he misses much time, unless there's some setback.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Do you know for a fact the medical staff let Galchenyuk play while his knee wasn't 100% right?

You realize that when you sprain a knee, it's natural that it's easier to get it sprained again shortly after recovering right?

Do you know for a fact that the knee was 100% before they let him play? Due to the fact that the injury was aggravated it is very reasonable to suggest that the knee was not 100%.

If it is easier to "get it sprained again" then it wasn't 100%.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Do you know for a fact that the knee was 100% before they let him play? Due to the fact that the injury was aggravated it is very reasonable to suggest that the knee was not 100%.

It makes more sense that the team is being MORE cautious about injuries, rather than less. After last season with Price and after December's rash of injuries, I don't see the trainers and doctors pushing anyone back before they're 100% recovered. There is no logic to rushing a player back in mid-season while the Habs are safely atop the division.

The only possible issue would be conditioning and strength-training once players are at 100%. Do the Habs follow the best programs to prevent injuries in the first place? No idea, but it's just as important to keep healthy players healthy as it is to help them recover.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Makes no sense whatsoever to think they brought him back if he wasn't at 100%.

The team was still first in Atlantic and wining games, there was no reason to rush him.

It's just bad luck . And it happened after 4 full games that he played.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Do you know for a fact that the knee was 100% before they let him play?

I have no clue, hence why I don't put forth accusations about the coaching or medical staff playing him when he wasn't 100% fit.

Due to the fact that the injury was aggravated it is very reasonable to suggest that the knee was not 100%.

Who told you the injury was re-aggravated?

If it is easier to "get it sprained again" then it wasn't 100%

Not necessarily, and since we don't know the EXACT nature of this latest injury, speculating on things as though they're fact, is a slippery slope IMO.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
fair enough...haven't been on twitter all day

Nevertheless, it's quite the leap to assume he re-injured it because the coaching/medical staff allowed him to play before he was 100% ready.

Yeah, I don't see a reason why the medical staff would have cleared him to play, much less why Therrien would rush to get him back into the line-up when the team was doing fine and Danault showed he was able to be a temporary solution in the top 6.

These things just happen.

Jul 6, 2016
fair enough...haven't been on twitter all day

Nevertheless, it's quite the leap to assume he re-injured it because the coaching/medical staff allowed him to play before he was 100% ready.

He was ready to play... but not on the 1st line yet, as MT admitted.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Yeah, I don't see a reason why the medical staff would have cleared him to play, much less why Therrien would rush to get him back into the line-up when the team was doing fine and Danault showed he was able to be a temporary solution in the top 6.

These things just happen.

Cuz our PP sucked, and in general he's our best forward, previously having his best season. It does suck that he re-aggravated it, and I am in favour of him resting more, since Danault is, as you said, a good temp solution.

Still, between him and Radulov, we don't haven anyone who can puck handle and create offense (to say nothing of sniping) in a meaningful way.

I will say though that I've noticed Pacioretty being way, way better of late, including cutting to the middle and using his shooting prowess.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Galchenyuk:
this is not good news (obviously)...I really hope he only comes back next time IF he's a 100% (or 110%). Not saying he came back at 80-90%, but it doesn't look good (looks like he came back too early? we will never know unless we're with the medical staff or part of the team, but we still need to discuss and guesstimate 'cause that's what these boards are all about...;)).

Great news about Pateryn. He gets seriously underrated as an important piece of our D.

Can't wait till he's back in the lineup.

Hudon's playing right now

Good news...good for 3rd-4th line depth and also for the 2nd line (in case of more injuries). I see/project Hudon as a 2nd-3rd liner...maybe a 1st liner on a team like Colorado.

Did he already play in 2-3 AHL games (or more?) since coming back from his injury? Thanks.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Cuz our PP sucked, and in general he's our best forward, previously having his best season. It does suck that he re-aggravated it, and I am in favour of him resting more, since Danault is, as you said, a good temp solution.

Still, between him and Radulov, we don't haven anyone who can puck handle and create offense (to say nothing of sniping) in a meaningful way.

I will say though that I've noticed Pacioretty being way, way better of late, including cutting to the middle and using his shooting prowess.

And because of that you think the medical staff and the coaching staff opted to bring him back on the ice while his injury wasn't fully healed?

If we were in the playoffs and a similar situation unfolded, I might buy the idea that he was brought back too quickly. But given the current circumstances, it just wouldn't be logical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad