- Strong chance for Byron tonight
- Markov praticing with a normal jersey
- Shaw practicing with his teamates

Good day

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Whooooo-hooo! Great news on Shaw! He's practicing with teammates. I was starting to worry about him.

Also Byron might play tonight & both Chucky & Marky are close.

Good news on the injury front.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't get this either. It seems like Redmond is getting the Tinordi treatment, but I'm not sure what he did to deserve it. He seemed decent enough in the games I've seen him play so far.

The one thing I'm wondering: Did Johnson play with Barbiero in St.John's? Perhaps they want to keep them together for consistency sake and then insert Redmond to play with Beaulieu once Markov comes back.

I'm puzzled at how they could play Johnston over Redmond.

Johnston didn't play with Barberio in the AHL. Maybe last year, I'd have to think about it. This year Barberio played mostly with Hanley. Johnston has moved around a bit. Sometimes with Samuelsson.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
I'm puzzled at how they could play Johnston over Redmond.

Johnston didn't play with Barberio in the AHL. Maybe last year, I'd have to think about it. This year Barberio played mostly with Hanley. Johnston has moved around a bit. Sometimes with Samuelsson.

Same here. I think Redmond has played well for us and certainly hasn't deserved to be scratched for so long. Maybe they're just trying to get Johnston some NHL experience while we have a lot of injuries? Who knows? Very puzzling indeed.

Jul 6, 2016
Whooooo-hooo! Great news on Shaw! He's practicing with teammates. I was starting to worry about him.

Also Byron might play tonight & both Chucky & Marky are close.

Good news on the injury front.

That's good news. if these four players can be there for the rest of the season and Gally might come back fully healthy, we have a contending team, for sure.

MB might want to shop for another D + a top nine veteran (not too expensive) forward

Jul 6, 2016
Same here. I think Redmond has played well for us and certainly hasn't deserved to be scratched for so long. Maybe they're just trying to get Johnston some NHL experience while we have a lot of injuries? Who knows? Very puzzling indeed.

Has Redmond done something to irritate the coaching staff ? He was playing decent hockey for sure.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I am starting to miss Patteryn.

I know pateryn has taken heat at times around here for his play, but I have really liked him in a 3rd pairing role. He's pretty steady IMO.

A healthy lineup for me looks like this:

Byron-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Lekohnen-Plekanec-Shaw
McCarron-Mitchell-flynn

I doubt McCarron will be kept around with a healthy lineup, but I just think he offers things into the mix that makes it a more dynamic lineup.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know pateryn has taken heat at times around here for his play, but I have really liked him in a 3rd pairing role. He's pretty steady IMO.

A healthy lineup for me looks like this:

Byron-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Lekohnen-Plekanec-Shaw
McCarron-Mitchell-flynn

I doubt McCarron will be kept around with a healthy lineup, but I just think he offers things into the mix that makes it a more dynamic lineup.

You're missing Byron.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Dr. Mulder will evaluate Markov, Galchenyuk and Shaw during the game tonight, per Martin Maguire.

Hopefully they are all clear to play Wednesday so the lineup will good again.

Patches-Danault-Shaw
Byron-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Lehkonen-Plekanec-McCarron/Mitchell
Carr-Mitchell/McCarron-Flynn

Extra: Farnham(can replace Carr)

Send Scherbak + Andrighetto back to the AHL

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With the way Therrien have been utilizing Beaulieu, I expect Markov to be put on the 3rd pairing when he comes back.

When Markov, Shaw, Galchenyuk comes back:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Flynn
Carr - McCarron - Mitchell

Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Redmond

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
All this happy talk about our players coming back. What about Davey? When is Davey coming back?

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/...be-heading-to-manitoba-on-tuesday/c-285519124

The Canadiens will head to Winnipeg on Tuesday afternoon to battle the Jets on Wednesday night, but they'll be making the trip without six injured players in tow.

David Desharnais (knee), Alex Galchenyuk (knee), Brendan Gallagher (hand), Andrei Markov (lower body), Greg Pateryn (foot) and Andrew Shaw (concussion) will remain in Montreal.

Galchenyuk, Markov and Shaw started practicing with their teammates again over the last few days.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I really thought we'd be seeing at least one of Galchenyuk/Markov/Shaw by next game... :(

The good news is at least they're not just rushing them back into the lineup, and they'll be in perfect condition when they do get back, which will likely be very soon.

You're never in "perfect condition" coming back from injury.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
You're missing Byron.

I have him with galchenyuk and radulov

Anyways, Randorf said during the telecast that its hopeful for Shaw and Galchenyuk to be back on Saturday against the Rangers.

I assume Markov isn't too far behind either.

I actually think that the habs need Pateryn and Markov back more badly than anyone else.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
When everyone get healthy this team is going to be decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad