OT: 2015 NFL Football Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Oh, and the Patriots got another two gifts. The onside kick they "recovered" and the blocked extra point. While not lined up before the snap over the center, by the time the ball was snapped, he was 3 feet in front of the center when the ball was snapped.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Giants / Eagles tonight is unusually important for this early in the season.

Eagles win and the entire division is tight (in its' mediocrity), Giants win and they get a small cushion. I'm looking for Manning to lob 2 interceptions tonight, his IPG is the lowest in his career this season, reversion to the mean must take place at some point. LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Giants / Eagles tonight is unusually important for this early in the season.

Eagles win and the entire division is tight (in its' mediocrity), Giants win and they get a small cushion. I'm looking for Manning to lob 2 interceptions tonight, his IPG is the lowest in his career this season, reversion to the mean must take place at some point. LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Giants pass defense is worst in the league and their best corner Prince Amukamara is out tonight :help:

Giants need to control the possession time if they want to win. The run will be key.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I can't get a handle on tonight's game and will stay away from a wagering standpoint.
Went 2-1 yesterday with the Jets and Carolina but losing with the Bills.

I dislike both teams, especially the Eagles, but gut feeling is that Philly wins the game but probably not cover.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
there are likely going to be a LOT of points tonight. Both these pass defenses are not very good, plus the Giants are without Amukamara

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think the Giants will mix it up more than the Eagles. I'm expecting an all out aerial assault from Philadelphia tonight.

I too have no idea who wins this game, but I'll go with the Eagles, 23-17.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Giants pass defense is worst in the league and their best corner Prince Amukamara is out tonight :help:

Giants need to control the possession time if they want to win. The run will be key.

The Giants having the worst pass D in the league is a flawed stat. They've had the lead in the 4th every game and have had an amazing run defense so teams are forced to throw late. Giants yards given up per pass attempt is respectable although no Prince is gonna hurt

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Phil Rivers threw the ball 65 times, lol.

Most resilient defense the Pack has had in definitely a few years. GPG.

A few weeks ago, my buddy and I had an argument. The Chargers scored to make it 27-19 against the Browns with 7:26 left in the 4th quarter. My friend, who didn't watch the game, opined that the Chargers were stupid to not go for two and try to make it a two possession game.

I countered with the Chargers had a bunch of backups on the O-line and had lost two receivers in that game. So going for two was a questionable decision to begin with, but once you consider personnel it wasn't in the cards. My friend remained incredulous and started pulling numbers out of thin air to justify his stance.

So while I was disappointed that the Chargers couldn't score with 1st and goal on Green Bay's 4 yard line, I felt like that validated my thought that the current set of personnel (namely the O-line) wasn't particularly great in goal line situations.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
1480876924985835155.jpg

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
The eagles did the same thing to Brees last week. They create so many turnovers.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The eagles did the same thing to Brees last week. They create so many turnovers.

They need to given the offense shoots themselves in the foot every series.

EDIT: 1st and 10 on the 36 becomes 2nd and 28 on the 18 after a bad Eagles snap. IT NEVER ENDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad