Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If you want to ring your hands over either of them go ahead, we can revisit it when I open the round 3 discussion thread.

I have watched every game of their series, and neither holds a candle to TB, its also why Boston tried to duck them at the end of the year.

Line em up, we will play, and can beat anyone IMO.
The discussion started about momentum.

All I did was point out the similar circumstances to our first round win last year if Leafs manage to beat the Bruins this series

Coming back from a 3-1 series is very rare btw. The momentum and mental resiliency that comes with winning a series like that is real, that's all I'm saying.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The discussion started about momentum.

All I did was point out the similar circumstances to our first round win last year if Leafs manage to beat the Bruins this series

Coming back from a 3-1 series is very rare btw. The momentum and mental resiliency that comes with winning a series like that is real, that's all I'm saying.

Acknowledging that doesn't mean I don't have confidence in our team beating anyone.
If Toronto wins the core will be 2-7 in playoff series.

They had momentum last year too, celebrated after round one like they won the cup. We are better than last year, they are worse.

The tears will be delicious regardless. The Leafiest thing to do would be to battle back and lose in Boston in game 7, but we shall see.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If Toronto wins the core will be 2-7 in playoff series.

They had momentum last year too, celebrated after round one like they won the cup. We are better than last year, they are worse.
True, but ig there's the element of being an underdog that didn't exist last year. Not saying that will be enough or anything.

The tears will be delicious regardless.
Can't disagree with that.

Honestly not sure which outcome is funnier. Leafs taking it to game 7 just to lose the series, or Boston losing back to back 3-1 leads.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
True, but ig there's the element of being an underdog that didn't exist last year.

Can't disagree with that.

Honestly not sure which outcome is funnier. Leafs taking it to game 7 just to lose the series, or Boston losing back to back 3-1 leads.
I am not saying it will be a sweep or anything but I can't fathom a situation where we lose 4 times to either squad.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

cartman-throw-under-the-bus.gif

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don't think the Panthers played their best hockey vs the Lightning.

What I do know is that they will need to play their best in the coming rounds if they want a chance to go back to the Finals. They flipped the switch, but only about halfway. Need better, especially on the special teams.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007

What I do know is that they will need to play their best in the coming rounds if they want a chance to go back to the Finals. They flipped the switch, but only about halfway. Need better, especially on the special teams.

They were not, Panthers had to adjust their play style, Tampa Bay success is based on their power play and Panthers did a great Job on both, especially on the PK.
I watched all of the games between Toronto and Boston, and I was impressed by Toronto how they handled Boston on the second game away, but it felt like a one off, but I think now, they figured out Boston Aquiles heal, as a Boston fan I would feel very disappointed, Boston is a powerhouse and they might go out with a whimper.

Interesting that we are rolling with this

Bennett? He dead?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Interesting that we are rolling with this

GR raised in his mailbag that Bennett could be traded given his contract is coming up and we have center depth. I love Benny and do not want to lose him, but that next contract will be tricky. If Lundell and Stenlund do well in their respective roles, wonder if we do actually trade Benny.

Lundell's stepped up his game in the 2nd-line role so far. Same goes for Stenlund on 3rd and Lorentz on 4th. We need Stenlund for his PK and he's gonna cost more. Lorentz looks like a potential keeper. I guess it's possible. Don't want to think much about it now though, Benny is so important to our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad