Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Brossoit with the win, and Slepyshev with another goal of his own.

He had a crappy start to his NA 1st season, but he definitely progressed as the season went on. If he can get into a feature role with the team (and with Ford and Pitlick both unsigned, that would be his competition on the RW gone), I could see him having a big year next season.

Give it a season or two, but I could see him really excelling on McDavid's or Draisaitl's RW eventually.

Slepyshev's goal was Kulak from Stockton losing the handle on the puck when he went back to retrieve it from his own end and putting into his own empty net lol, Slepy was just the last one to touch it.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
I think they are out. The Condors twitter feed was saying something about them playing spoiler now

Scrivens hurt us here in Bako VERY much. he had to be played so that he could be traded. As such he lost EVERY game but his last one played. LB gets called up and essentially sits most fo the gamesd. E2 improved drastically which was good. However Rimmer was god aweful. It owudl have been better to send E2 up to the NHL to sit on the bench and let LB play. When they needed him to play he could have been recalled.

LB showed his lack of playing last night. He did well but he gave up the exact same 3 goals form the same exact place. Reinhart and Nurse were BAD!!! Neither of them could make a decent pass and Reinhart blew it in the zone and let the puck end up with an odd man rush the other way. The real heroes of the night were McRae, an AHL vet, Roy and Osterle. The goal by the Stockton at the end in their own net was great because it was due to the dman being too lazy to skate up to the puck. Instead he reached farther than he should have and hit the puck on the outside instead of the inside. As such it moved ever so slowly the 15 to 20 feet right into the goal.

Bako was eliminated the game before when we lost to Ontario (KIngs). E2 has been hurt and we have been forced to play Rimmer. Stockton (Flames) was eliminated last night in the Battle of Alberta/Battle of the Valley.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think hes got like 15 points in last 20 with something like 9 goals. I think the transaition to smaller ice really stunted him but hes finally turning it on

I wouldnt be suprised to see him make a run on the big club in TC. Hell he god 11 games this year and looked solid to start

It's also worth noting that Sleypshev came here with only 2 words of English. I think next season he will have a smoother transition.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
It's also worth noting that Sleypshev came here with only 2 words of English. I think next season he will have a smoother transition.

There was some good to having Niktin down their for the year. Though if I do recall, his English is also horrid (??? I remember Yak saying it would be him doing the translating for the both of them, or am I mixing up Nikitin and Belov? :laugh: )

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Nikitin by I do respect him for taking the high road and being a good soldier this past season (though I'm sure 4.5 million and living in Cali does make that pill easier to swallow).

I wonder if the Oiler's might invest in a translator for next year or afterwards, as they've still got Paigin on the way too. What's Gerbeshkov up to these days? :laugh:

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
There was some good to having Niktin down their for the year. Though if I do recall, his English is also horrid (??? I remember Yak saying it would be him doing the translating for the both of them, or am I mixing up Nikitin and Belov? :laugh: )

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Nikitin by I do respect him for taking the high road and being a good soldier this past season (though I'm sure 4.5 million and living in Cali does make that pill easier to swallow).

I wonder if the Oiler's might invest in a translator for next year or afterwards, as they've still got Paigin on the way too. What's Gerbeshkov up to these days? :laugh:

The wins did not start coming here until Nikitin showed up. he was able to calm EVERYONE down and got them to focus. I have no idea if he could speak english, but I can say he spoke excellent hockey.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Nice to see that he was able to increase that by a fair bit during training camp.

“The coach will tell me what to do,” he said. “If the coach says score goals, I will score goals. If he says hit the body, I will hit the body.”

I'm sure the Journal cleaned up the grammar in that quote, but honestly it would have been perfect to hear that with in broken English with a thick Russian accent. There's a reason the guy's one of my favourite prospects.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Bako's looking at a Brossoit/Eetu - Brossoit/Ellis/Eetu with one of them starting in the ECHL if we bring in a solid backup - Ellis/Eetu tandem for next year, which should be head and shoulders over what they had to deal with this year. Scrivens was awful, that kid from St. Louis is probably just about done in pro hockey, and Rimmer should probably not spend any time in Bako next year.

Scrivens, Rimmer and Lundstrom managed .893, .880 and .872 SV%'s respectively in their combined 20 appearances, going 5-9-4.

Without them, Bakersfield was 22-19-5, and Eetu got better as the year went on.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think Bako's looking at a Brossoit/Eetu - Brossoit/Ellis/Eetu with one of them starting in the ECHL if we bring in a solid backup - Ellis/Eetu tandem for next year, which should be head and shoulders over what they had to deal with this year. Scrivens was awful, that kid from St. Louis is probably just about done in pro hockey, and Rimmer should probably not spend any time in Bako next year.

Scrivens, Rimmer and Lundstrom managed .893, .880 and .872 SV%'s respectively in their combined 20 appearances, going 5-9-4.

It'll be interesting to see how the goalie situation plays out. I don't see how you can just hand Brossoit the job, and I think Bakersfield is better for him.

But what kind of competition do you want to set up for him? Do you target an experienced backup, but one who basically has zero chance of being waived (Ward), or do aim a little lower, and going for the guy whom could be either an NHL or AHL guy (Budaj, Berra).

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It'll be interesting to see how the goalie situation plays out. I don't see how you can just hand Brossoit the job, and I think Bakersfield is better for him.

But what kind of competition do you want to set up for him? Do you target an experienced backup, but one who basically has zero chance of being waived (Ward), or do aim a little lower, and going for the guy whom could be either an NHL or AHL guy (Budaj, Berra).

I'd look at a guy like Johnson or Raanta. Guys get injured, Brossoit would still get starts here and there.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nice to see that he was able to increase that by a fair bit during training camp.

“The coach will tell me what to do,†he said. “If the coach says score goals, I will score goals. If he says hit the body, I will hit the body.â€

I'm sure the Journal cleaned up the grammar in that quote, but honestly it would have been perfect to hear that with in broken English with a thick Russian accent. There's a reason the guy's one of my favourite prospects.

I thought Yak translated that whole interview, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA

PERFECTLY SAID!!!!! Rimmer is another Scrivens......Eetu was far better when he came back form across the pond then when he left. E2 will fight with Ellis for the back up but I see Ellis in Norfolk.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA

Budaj is old but he is phenomenal at this level.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Scrivens hurt us here in Bako VERY much. he had to be played so that he could be traded. As such he lost EVERY game but his last one played. LB gets called up and essentially sits most fo the gamesd. E2 improved drastically which was good. However Rimmer was god aweful. It owudl have been better to send E2 up to the NHL to sit on the bench and let LB play. When they needed him to play he could have been recalled.

LB showed his lack of playing last night. He did well but he gave up the exact same 3 goals form the same exact place. Reinhart and Nurse were BAD!!! Neither of them could make a decent pass and Reinhart blew it in the zone and let the puck end up with an odd man rush the other way. The real heroes of the night were McRae, an AHL vet, Roy and Osterle. The goal by the Stockton at the end in their own net was great because it was due to the dman being too lazy to skate up to the puck. Instead he reached farther than he should have and hit the puck on the outside instead of the inside. As such it moved ever so slowly the 15 to 20 feet right into the goal.

Bako was eliminated the game before when we lost to Ontario (KIngs). E2 has been hurt and we have been forced to play Rimmer. Stockton (Flames) was eliminated last night in the Battle of Alberta/Battle of the Valley.

The Oilers didn't do you guys any favors this year with the goaltending. Not just by sending you Scrivens but the way Broissolt was handled towards the end of the year. It was clear here with two, maybe even three weeks left in the season that he wasn't close to being ready for the NHL and Talbot was going to need to play out the year. They should have sent Broissolt back to Bakersfield long before they were eliminated and brought up any warm body to sit on the bench. We had fewer games left than anybody the last few weeks of the season with plenty of off time. Talbot could have easily handled the load himself. I think it was important for Broissolt to get playoff experience this year for his development and the team wasted the opportunity for nothing.

On a side note, how did Nillsson look down there for you guys before he got dealt?

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
The Oilers didn't do you guys any favors this year with the goaltending. Not just by sending you Scrivens but the way Broissolt was handled towards the end of the year. It was clear here with two, maybe even three weeks left in the season that he wasn't close to being ready for the NHL and Talbot was going to need to play out the year. They should have sent Broissolt back to Bakersfield long before they were eliminated and brought up any warm body to sit on the bench. We had fewer games left than anybody the last few weeks of the season with plenty of off time. Talbot could have easily handled the load himself. I think it was important for Broissolt to get playoff experience this year for his development and the team wasted the opportunity for nothing.

On a side note, how did Nillsson look down there for you guys before he got dealt?

Honestly Nilssen was phenomenal. He played two or three road games against the San Diego (Ducks) and Ontario (Kings). His save percentage I think he was 0.93 in those games. He was actually better than LB. I agree that E2 should have been called up to sit on the bench and LB sent back here. it was clearly obvious that he was not NHL ready. the post season which would have benefited ALL of the prospects was lost due to him not being here.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Another 1G 1A for Josh Currie tonight. The kid is making a really strong case that the Oil should sign him. Right shot, defensively responsible, good penalty killer, and his numbers have been really strong lately.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Another 1G 1A for Josh Currie tonight. The kid is making a really strong case that the Oil should sign him. Right shot, defensively responsible, good penalty killer, and his numbers have been really strong lately.

Not worth a contract spot. There's only 1 AHL contract Player that deserves 1 and thats Josh Winquist

How did Caleb Jones play?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
So I guess the Condors have already been eliminated from playoff contention. I thought they still had a chance if they won out and San Jose lost their last two games to Stockton but because there's a the crossover Charlotte would have a greater points percentage at .526 than the .522 p% that the Condors would have.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
So I guess the Condors have already been eliminated from playoff contention. I thought they still had a chance if they won out and San Jose lost their last two games to Stockton but because there's a the crossover Charlotte would have a greater points percentage at .526 than the .522 p% that the Condors would have.
They may well miss by one or two wins. Had the cavalry come a little earlier they may have made it.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
What a complete disaster of a year on all Fronts for this hockey team.

The only one that seemed to take a step this year Khaira.

Was hoping one of the d would take a giant step but doesn't appear to be the case.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Was hoping one of the d would take a giant step but doesn't appear to be the case.

Two did - Davidson and Oesterle. Can't really hope/expect for more than that.

By most reports Simpson and Musil both improved by quite a bit. A lack of PPQB in the system and Hunt getting all the gravy minutes means none of our D prospects got much of a chance to improve on their numbers much.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

It wasn't great as a whole, but there were some bright spots in Brossoit, Oesterle, Pakarinen and some others. The real problem is guys like Nurse and Draistil should've been mid-season bright spots. Instead they were early season callups and in Nurse's was a bright spot until about the time where he should've been called up.

Nurse gets the call after x-mas and who knows how'd he look.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
By most reports
- Musil has improved to a great degree and is a force in the AHL right now.
- Simpson has progressed well too. Hes a projects project and coming along as anticipated. 20 points in 57 games is solid
-Slepyshev really finished hot in last 20 games after he transitioned to NA
-Brossoit was a rock and dominated in AHL. I dont really put much stock in some rough NHL games (either great games or bad ones). Seemed like a confidence thing in NHL and not ability. Being behind leagues worst D, maybe in last 5 years, will shake you
-Khaira really came along well
-Eetu played good there
-Osterle did very well and then did very well in NHL. The AHL team is producing D finally. Musil up next potentially, Simpson yera after

On other hand
-Yakimov stagnated
-Gernat totally busted, but was traded for Maroon in the fleece deal of the year
-Laleggia had a rougher transition due to size, but still put up good points
-Tyler Pitlick is officially made of glass
-Team still over relies on vets
-Moroz is a bust
-Chase played mainly in ECHL (did well) and only ok in AHL. He needs a major season next year, same with Platzer. Hopefully they follow Khaira and not Moroz
-Team was sunk from playoffs with bad goaltending from Rimmer and new guy from Blues. LB should have been down

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hopefully next year the D are

Musil-Reinhart/Nurse (one will progress is offseason and make team out of camp)
Simpson-Osterle
Laleggia-Waltz/Betker/Pageau

then after next year there will be a big turnover with Jones/Bear/Paigin/potentially Lagesson/potentially 2016 1st if a D (for a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad