Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd McJiveson

Nov 27, 2013
www.bakersfieldcondors.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/BakersfieldCondors1

2015_04_02_logorelease11.jpg

Hate to be a pain in the ass, but can one of the mods change the title from OKC Barons, please?

So what are we looking at for the Condors roster at the moment?

I assume one or two centres will have to move to wing with Draisaitl down there.

Hamilton Draisaitl Pakarainen
Yakimov Miller Pitlick
Christoffer Khaira Platzer
Kessy McRae Chase
Ford Zharkov

Nurse Hunt
Musil Osterle
Laleggia Simpson
Gernat

Brossoit
Scrivens
Laurikainen

Does this make sense?

Chase was sent to Norfolk yesterday.

I would hope that the Oilers wouldn't cut too much into Brossoit's playing time. Development should take priority.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not good news for Chase. He needs to really think about how badly he wants this.

I guess my question is why was he sent down? Very poor showing? Tough time adjusting to the pro game? Or is it just to get that extra playing time in the ECHL?

If it's just him not being prepared this could work out quite well for him. A quick shock to the system and the realization he needs to work hard might be a good thing.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
I guess my question is why was he sent down? Very poor showing? Tough time adjusting to the pro game? Or is it just to get that extra playing time in the ECHL?

If it's just him not being prepared this could work out quite well for him. A quick shock to the system and the realization he needs to work hard might be a good thing.

Imo he didn't have much of a camp, looked pretty meh even in rookie camp. He has ways to go. Moroz didn't impress either but he has seniority so it makes sense he stays up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I would imagine it's largely due to playing time, and partially a 'just because you have an ELC doesn't mean it's coast time'.

A guy like Braden Christoffer has shown a never ending engine.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I thought I heard/read somewhere that Draisaitl was going to play between Miller, and Pakarainen.
That would be a helluva first line.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Is Pakarinen skating now? He was injured for the entire camp and he's one guy I was hoping could actually push a few guys on NHL roster.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Chase was sent down to just too many bodies here. When Drai was assigned Chase was sent down. We are keeping 2 extra forwards and 2 extra dmen. A total roster of 24. We have that now not counting Simpson and Moroz I think. Anyway once everyone is healthy more will be sent down.

Chase will get much more ice time in ECHL than he will here. I am sure once players are called up he will be called up as well.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
http://www.bakersfield.com/sports/2015/10/08/baskersfield-s-wild-hockey-ride-from-glorified-beer-leagues-to-the-ahl.html

Good story about the history of Hockey in Bakersfield. How a city with a semi-pro team in a beer league, playing on a stage in the convention center with chicken wire instead of glass wound up with an AHL team.

CQ2HZu5UsAIuI2C.png:large

Good read

Hoping the city embraces them. They got a good product with Nurse, LD, Brossoit, Laleggia, Yakimov etc and some solid prospects

Pretty nice place to play too

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Miller scores late for the Condors score late and they win 1-0. Sounds like quite a goaltender duel. Shots were 40-31 Condors

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Brossoit stopped 31 shots and Miller got the only goal in a 1-0 win.

Bakersfield outshot Grand Rapids 40-31.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Condors win their home opener 1-0. Brossoit with a 31 save shut out. Goal came from Miller assisted by Pakarinen with a minute and a half left in the third. Drai was denied on a penalty shot in the mid second. Only listened to it on a radio feed, but sounded like the Condors dominated and Drai, Nurse, Pakarinen and Brossoit having good games.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Great game, 1-0 Condors, Miller scored off a Pakarainen rush very late in the game. Griffins had goal waved off with 30 seconds left. Despite the score, a fantastic game with end-to-end action.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
lol, no posts for over 2 hours then 4 in a matter of seconds.

Nice to see that Brossoit picked up from where he left off last season.

Nightrain

Nov 4, 2009
Calgary
Agree, I only watched the third but wide open, exciting hockey!

Miller easily most noticeable, followed by Pakarainen and Khaira.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
Entertaining game. Both teams had plenty of good chances, but Condors had much more pressure than GR as the game went on. Pakarinen alone could of had a hat trick probably, the top line of he, Leon, and Miller were buzzing. Also liked Christoffer who I thought was the best Condor in the 1st period before the top line got their motor running. Yakimov was insanely strong on the boards like usual. Talk about size and strength at the center position with Draisatl, Big Bo, McRae, and Khaira - sheesh.

Bakersfield is just insanely deep. They had a healthy scratch in Winquist who was one of OKCs top 6 forwards and a key player in the playoffs last season.

I really feel as if Pakarinen could have played his way onto Edmonton should he of been healthy in the pre season, or atleast made a strong case. He and Slepyshev are a lot alike and play a very similar style.

Last edited:

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Caught pieces of the game on Hockey Streams--just to add to Baronsfan, Brossoit looked really solid and confident and Nurse looked good, but I didn't see too much of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad