Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hopefully next year the D are

Musil-Reinhart/Nurse (one will progress is offseason and make team out of camp)
Simpson-Osterle
Laleggia-Waltz/Betker/Pageau

then after next year there will be a big turnover with Jones/Bear/Paigin/potentially Lagesson/potentially 2016 1st if a D (for a bit)

you expect a top 5 pick (best Dman of the draft) to be playing a few games in AHL in 2017-2018? I guess it is possible but not very likely. Chychrun\Juolevi\Sergachev would all be either in NHL or CHL in 2 yrs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
you expect a top 5 pick (best Dman of the draft) to be playing a few games in AHL in 2017-2018? I guess it is possible but not very likely. Chychrun\Juolevi\Sergachev would all be either in NHL or CHL in 2 yrs.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think there won't be a vet on that back end. After the injuries this club faced this year maybe even 2.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

I thought Juolevi, like A Nylander, was loaned to CHL team and therefore not drafted from CHL so could do AHL. Is this incorrect? maybe I am way off

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014

+1 team to the pacific division. good stuff.

Yep. Nice to have another Division rival to solidify things. I expect Colorado would be the next most likely to make the jump - or Vegas, if they get an NHL franchise.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They bought Springfield right? If so that's quite sad that the team is moving. That is a really old franchise.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
They bought Springfield right? If so that's quite sad that the team is moving. That is a really old franchise.

It is great for players here in Bako to see the same players in the NHL when they get called up. It also means that we play less against the same teams like Ontario and San Diego. What are the chances that they will resurrect the Gila Monsters name???

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
It is great for players here in Bako to see the same players in the NHL when they get called up. It also means that we play less against the same teams like Ontario and San Diego. What are the chances that they will resurrect the Gila Monsters name???

I don't see the Gila being brought back, probably something more related to the parent club...or Roadrunners...

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

I'm hoping for them to be called the Road Runners lol. Looney Tunes anyone?

road_runner_wile_e_coyote.jpg

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
The most recent article shows that the fans will be asked for the name and on the survey it is currently the Roadrunners. I personally was hoping for a short lived team in Tucson in the WCHL known as the Gila Monsters. Now that is a cool hockey name.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Great signing. We need some quality vets in the minors to help develop the young guns coming up.

We can develop the Detroit Red Wings style now, no more rushing prospects.

Not hard to build around the top 6, so hopefully we can find some solid bottom 6 depth for the future.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Meh would have preferred to keep Klinkhammer as the vet LW, but something tells me he's going to try and find a PTO before giving up on his NHL dream.

Now get Winquist signed!

Winquist-Khaira-Slepyshev
Hamilton-Yakimov-_____
Sailanen(sp?)-Platzer-Chase

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ford get that last spot. Though I'd rather look outside the organization for a solution there. That team needs some speed, as (outside of Slepyshev) that top 6 ssssllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwww...

Last edited:

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Bako has the same issues as Edmonton. We are small and non physical. Hamilton is a good leader. he does score goals. I would rather have Klinkhammer as well, but he is not the leader type. Hamilton is on an AHL contract so his salary has zero effect on the cap and he is no longer part of the 50 player contract. he also knows that his NHL days are over and he as accepted that fact. I think he comes back with a different and better attitude. it is no longer about him but what he can do for the prospects.

Ford is likely retiring. If not he is a GREAT asset here. As the assistant coach put it yesterday on oilersnation, we need new blood. it does not matter where it comes form whether it be juniors or college kids or other places. We also need vets to teach. Hunt is likely going somewhere else.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Meh would have preferred to keep Klinkhammer as the vet LW, but something tells me he's going to try and find a PTO before giving up on his NHL dream.

Now get Winquist signed!

Winquist-Khaira-Slepyshev
Hamilton-Yakimov-_____
Sailanen(sp?)-Platzer-Chase

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ford get that last spot. Though I'd rather look outside the organization for a solution there. That team needs some speed, as (outside of Slepyshev) that top 6 ssssllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwww...

Are we sure Yakimov is coming back at all?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Are we sure Yakimov is coming back at all?

No...and even if he does....will he stay

Well he did come back in the first place, so I'll base it off that :dunno: I think it comes down to opportunity, which does exist here.

He's got one year left on his ELC, and the centre position in Edmonton doesn't look as stable as it did even one year ago. McDavid and Drai are locks, but beyond that you have RNH, who could be moved; Letestu and Lander aren't doing themselves any favours to stay above waiver wire quality, and Khaira could be a just as easily shift to being a winger.

Though honestly either option wouldn't surprise me too much.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Bako has the same issues as Edmonton. We are small and non physical. Hamilton is a good leader. he does score goals. I would rather have Klinkhammer as well, but he is not the leader type. Hamilton is on an AHL contract so his salary has zero effect on the cap and he is no longer part of the 50 player contract. he also knows that his NHL days are over and he as accepted that fact. I think he comes back with a different and better attitude. it is no longer about him but what he can do for the prospects.

Ford is likely retiring. If not he is a GREAT asset here. As the assistant coach put it yesterday on oilersnation, we need new blood. it does not matter where it comes form whether it be juniors or college kids or other places. We also need vets to teach. Hunt is likely going somewhere else.

You've already got Sallinen and Benik coming in next year, would be nice if the Oil could land Cagiula too as he'd be a great add. Defense will likely remain similar but without Hunt, especially if Chia succeeds in adding two guys here as Nurse and Reinhart would both likely start in Bako. Those two plus Musil, Simpson and Laleggia make for a pretty solid group though, add in LB and Eetu in net and you should have a really good team down there.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You've already got Sallinen and Benik coming in next year, would be nice if the Oil could land Cagiula too as he'd be a great add. Defense will likely remain similar but without Hunt, especially if Chia succeeds in adding two guys here as Nurse and Reinhart would both likely start in Bako. Those two plus Musil, Simpson and Laleggia make for a pretty solid group though, add in LB and Eetu in net and you should have a really good team down there.

Probably have Loiseau fulltime next season - he's too good for the ECHL - same with Chase and Currie (Currie was awesome to end the season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad