Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
It must really suck playing the same teams over and over again. I hope the AHL can build more of a presence in the west so the California teams can play some other teams once in a while.

Honestly it really is not that bad. Towards the end of the WCHL we were down to 6 teams. In the ECHL there were 8 teams. In the AHL we have 7 teams I think but we have had eastern teams make the road trip and we will as well. For us in Cali this is business as usual.

A few more teams would of course be great. Phx and Vancouver plus hopefully LV going to NHL will make a huge difference. The other factor is that we are seeing better hockey on one level and the same hockey another. The players are better and the game is much faster. however Bako cannot play a full 60 minutes. Average is about 30 minutes. In that respect it is exactly like the ECHL.....

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Honestly it really is not that bad. Towards the end of the WCHL we were down to 6 teams. In the ECHL there were 8 teams. In the AHL we have 7 teams I think but we have had eastern teams make the road trip and we will as well. For us in Cali this is business as usual.

A few more teams would of course be great. Phx and Vancouver plus hopefully LV going to NHL will make a huge difference. The other factor is that we are seeing better hockey on one level and the same hockey another. The players are better and the game is much faster. however Bako cannot play a full 60 minutes. Average is about 30 minutes. In that respect it is exactly like the ECHL.....

I think I'm just sick of playing against those teams in my career on NHL16 :laugh:

In a perfect world we'd see some teams pop up and fill the gap between east and west. The problem is that so many of the hockey towns in the western US have their own hockey culture and teams (NCAA, USHL, or WHL teams in the northwest). Even ASU has NCAA hockey now!

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
I think I'm just sick of playing against those teams in my career on NHL16 :laugh:

In a perfect world we'd see some teams pop up and fill the gap between east and west. The problem is that so many of the hockey towns in the western US have their own hockey culture and teams (NCAA, USHL, or WHL teams in the northwest). Even ASU has NCAA hockey now!

You'd have to think that Portland and Seattle are ripe for at least an AHL team.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
The AHL has been trying to get into Portland for eternity. Why should they?? Their junior team sells out or in the 10,000 seats per game range most of the time.

If they build an NHL style rink, at least they could probably fill it w/ an AHL team (in the same way Manitoba did) until they actually get an NHL team.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
You'd have to think that Portland and Seattle are ripe for at least an AHL team.

You think proving the market at an AHL level would bode well for Seattle if they're trying to add a NHL team eventually

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Accor to the AHL transaction page Bako signed Colton Waltz.....does anyone here know anything about him???

He's attended Oilers development and rookie camps once or twice. I've seen him play a handful of times when the Wheat Kings came into Edmonton, he's a decent two way guy who plays a physical game. Could be a decent add for you guys in the coming years.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
If they build an NHL style rink, at least they could probably fill it w/ an AHL team (in the same way Manitoba did) until they actually get an NHL team.

The thing is, we already do have an NHL-capable rink. A really nice one that holds 20k people for the Trailblazers. Plus there is this Paul Allen guy with just a few $ to his name.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The Bake could really use some Reinhart, Nurse, Oesterle and Brossoit right now. Getting close to being completely out of the playoff hunt.

Injuries on the Oil really destroyed their season this year as I'm sure they would have gotten Drai and Nurse for a much longer stretch at the start of the year. On the bright side at least Drai has had a pretty great year of progression in the NHL and hopefully another good offseason leads to a breakout year next season. Wonder if we look to sign him long-term mid season next year similar to what Florida did with Barkov so that we can hopefully get him on a cheaper long-term deal.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Bake could really use some Reinhart, Nurse, Oesterle and Brossoit right now. Getting close to being completely out of the playoff hunt.

Injuries on the Oil really destroyed their season this year as I'm sure they would have gotten Drai and Nurse for a much longer stretch at the start of the year. On the bright side at least Drai has had a pretty great year of progression in the NHL and hopefully another good offseason leads to a breakout year next season. Wonder if we look to sign him long-term mid season next year similar to what Florida did with Barkov so that we can hopefully get him on a cheaper long-term deal.

that's just it though. We can't send down those players because we have no replacements for them.

The Oilers' injury woes not only tanked our NHL season but it looks like it damaged the AHL squad as well. It happens.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Khaira with 16 points in 19 games going back to the beginning of February.

Leading the team in fights(with three...Moroz/Kessy tied for second with two each) in that time too.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do next season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Leading the team in fights(with three...Moroz/Kessy tied for second with two each) in that time too.

I really don't see how he doesn't make the big club next season unless he takes it for granted and has a poor summer and camp ala Marincin. If he can improve his speed just a hair he could have a beastly season for us in the bottom 6.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Those are really good numbers. Cant confirm but he was being used as a shutdown center from almost the beginning of his career. If he is still being used in a similar role and putting up those numbers, that is amazing

Hopefully he turns into a good bottom 6 guy who can slot into the 2nd line in extreme cases

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Lol I see they hold leads as well as the Oilers usually do. At least Slepy had 2g and Yakimov have 2a

Bako averages playing about 40 minutes a game. I have no idea why but it has been that way all season. We would be in better play off position had we NOT had Scrivens. he lost EVERY game but 1 that he played here. He had to play so that he could get traded. The problem was his numbers sucked. In the trade with Nilssen we got another crap goal tender. E2 has come a VERY long way. he is getting better but our defense is crap. Waltz has played one game and Betker a few. So far Betker has been doing ok. At least he doe snot get run over like Lellagia does.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Pitlick out again with broken ankle. End of line for him.

Like the player but damn his career was totalling derailed by injuries

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Good lord. Poor guy. Talk about a glass house!

It's too bad. I really liked him in his last couple of call ups. I thought he could have developed into a nice bottom 6 forward.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Unreal.

Drink some damn milk or something. No one is that unlucky, something is not right.

Despite all the set backs I seriously thought he would eventually bust into the Oilers line up. Don't know how anyone takes a chance on him with his injury history now.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Unreal.

Drink some damn milk or something. No one is that unlucky, something is not right.

Despite all the set backs I seriously thought he would eventually bust into the Oilers line up. Don't know how anyone takes a chance on him with his injury history now.

I think its Europe for him. Although maybe sign him to an AHL only contract (doesnt count against 50 player limit) and keep him around for scoring depth. Maybe he breaks out of his injury funk too

Too me still has an NHL future when healthy (although hes never healthy)

If we realise him (totallu justified) I can already see the headline in 3 years. "Former Edmonton prospect Tyler Pitlick scores his 25th goal of the year for the Vancouver Canucks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad