Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupersonicMonkey*

Malone will not skate tonight and tomorrow, and he is being penciled into the regular season lineup... by the end of camp he will have played 1 preseason game, maybe 2.

Sorry to Malone and his fans, but, other guys will have played more and earned it.

Duclair - Moore - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - St. Louis
Lombardi - Lindberg - Stempniak
Glass

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Malone will not skate tonight and tomorrow, and he is being penciled into the regular season lineup... by the end of camp he will have played 1 preseason game, maybe 2.

Sorry to Malone and his fans, but, other guys will have played more and earned it.

Duclair - Moore - Nash
Glass

There's glass in the press box again behind Lombardi no less lol

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

Duclair - Moore - Nash
Glass

Stepan will play 0 preseason games.
Should be waived.

And LOL @ Moore as first line center

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just Duke not THE Duke

Now my lines to start the season

Duclair Miller Nash
Kreider Brassard Zucc
Hagelin Moore MSL
Glass Lindberg Stempniak
Malone

Not a fan of Lindberg really but he can center a 4th line for a couple of weeks

Now for what I expect the lines to be

Kreider Moore MSL
Malone Brassard Zucc
Hagelin Miller Nash
Glass Lindberg Stempniak
Lombardi

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Duclair - Moore - Nash
Glass

How the hell has Lombardi played more and earned it? :laugh:

And to be clear, I'm not a fan of either one making the team at this point.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Definitely "The Duke."

Tony D is so jersey shore and I can already see that getting irritating.

When he scores his first regular season goal, knock on wood, the Garden will make Duuuuuke happen so I expect that to stick long term. Same as why Zucc is Zucc (or Zuke or Zook depending on one's preferred spelling) and not MZA, why Dubinsky became Dubi.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Moore will be a top-6 center when the season opens until Stepan gets back. If it makes you feel any better, think of him as the 2C and Brass as the 1C. Because chances are, that's what it will be. Or, think of it as an even distribution between Brass, Moore, and Miller.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Nm, will be mod edited/deleted anyway. Was pointing out the silliness of one poster's lineup compositions. I'm amazed at the inability some of you have in grasping our team's reality.

As to nicknames, I'm all for Duke. We can have the Zucc of Earl and the Duc of Earl. If/when Buchnevich makes it, we can have the Buch of Earl too. It's ridiculous and I love it.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Forward lines to start the season
Duclair-Miller-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Lindberg-St. Louis
Stempniak-Moore-Hrivik
Glass/Malone

...after Duclair is returned to the Q...
Hagelin-Miller-Nash
Stempniak-Lindberg-St. Louis
Malone/Fast-Moore-Hrivik
Glass/Malone

...after Stepan returns...
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Stempniak-Miller-St. Louis
Malone/Fast-Moore-Hrivik
Glass/Malone

D lineup
McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Moore/Allen-Klein
Hunwick/Kampfer

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Definitely "The Duke."

Tony D is so jersey shore and I can already see that getting irritating.

When he scores his first regular season goal, knock on wood, the Garden will make Duuuuuke happen so I expect that to stick long term. Same as why Zucc is Zucc (or Zuke or Zook depending on one's preferred spelling) and not MZA, why Dubinsky became Dubi.

Noooooo.

A "Tony D! Tony D! Tony D!" chant would work perfectly.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If Duclair makes the team, we have to ship out a contract...

It's not an issue, probably, just something to be aware of.

All that said, I'd be surprised if he plays a regular season game. I really think they want him to get as much time in juniors this year as possible. Duke is making it very hard on the coaches so far, though.

Will be interested to see how he handles what is sure to be a much more rough game against the Flyers.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think it bugs AV a bit that Lombardi is struggling when Stepan is hurt. I definitely think he wouldn't mind to dress 5 centers with Stepan hurt, by for example moving Moore to Lindberg's wing.

Like:
Kreids-Brass-Zucc
Nash-Miller-MSL
Hags-Lombs-Stempniak
Moore-Lindberg-Glass

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I think it bugs AV a bit that Lombardi is struggling when Stepan is hurt. I definitely think he wouldn't mind to dress 5 centers with Stepan hurt, by for example moving Moore to Lindberg's wing.

Like:
Kreids-Brass-Zucc
Nash-Miller-MSL
Hags-Lombs-Stempniak
Moore-Lindberg-Glass

plenty of time but I am getting the feeling it may shake out with kids and only one of Malone, Lombardi making it as a spare

Nash, Miller, MSL
Kreider, Brassard, Zuc
Hagelin, Lindbrerg, Stempniak
Glass, Moore, Fast
vet Malone or Lombardi
Stepan hurt of course

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
My lines:
Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Hayes-Miller-MSL
Hagelin-Moore-Stempniak
Tony D-Lindberg-Nash

;)

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

Like:
Kreids-Brass-Zucc
Nash-Miller-MSL
Hags-Lombs-Stempniak
Moore-Lindberg-Glass

Chris Mueller would be an option if Lombardi can't go. Moore would probably have to play 3C, leaving Mueller and Lindberg to fill 4LW and 4C.

I know people are high on Hayes, but I just think he needs time in the A.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I'd love to see this as a lineup for tonight's game:

Duclair - Miller - Nash
Kreider - Hayes - MSL
Hags - Brass - Zucc
Glass - Moore - Stemp

I'm not saying I want or expect that as an actual lineup (not that it'd necessarily be terrible either, other than the inexperience at C up top), I'm just saying it'd be fun to see a few things with that lineup. If Duke, Miller and Nash can continue to be a force together. How Hayes can handle MSL's creativity and the speed on both wings. The 4th line because it could potentially be our actual 4th line for much of the season, even knowing that Stemp can easily slot in higher up. Wouldn't mind seeing more of Lindberg/Fast as well.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'd love to see this as a lineup for tonight's game:

Duclair - Miller - Nash
Kreider - Hayes - MSL
Hags - Brass - Zucc
Glass - Moore - Stemp

I'm not saying I want or expect that as an actual lineup (not that it'd necessarily be terrible either, other than the inexperience at C up top), I'm just saying it'd be fun to see a few things with that lineup. If Duke, Miller and Nash can continue to be a force together. How Hayes can handle MSL's creativity and the speed on both wings. The 4th line because it could potentially be our actual 4th line for much of the season, even knowing that Stemp can easily slot in higher up. Wouldn't mind seeing more of Lindberg/Fast as well.

I know Hags tends be in a lineup with Brass and Zuccs because of where we'd like to see the other guys, but I still stand by my statement that you need someone with hands (and preferably size) there, be it Kreider, Hayes, Malone, Duke, etc.)

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I know Hags tends be in a lineup with Brass and Zuccs because of where we'd like to see the other guys, but I still stand by my statement that you need someone with hands (and preferably size) there, be it Kreider, Hayes, Malone, Duke, etc.)

I agree with that. I just wanted this composition for tonight to see the other aspects. In the regular season I absolutely believe that Hags shouldn't be with Brass and Zucc regularly. It's kind of redundant actually, to have Hags and Zucc on a line. They're obviously different players in terms of scoring ability and creativity, but they can both fulfill the role of puck retrieval/keeping it in play. Better to spread that around, as well as what you're mentioning about having someone with hands/size.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
As much as nicknames are completely frivolous and irrelevant, I actually know people named Tony D. and that name has still never passed my lips, and I'll be damned if it's going to in the future.

SupersonicMonkey*

Stepan will play 0 preseason games.
Should be waived.

First off, there is a HUGE difference between Derek Stepan (and his broken leg) and Ryan Malone (and his awful last two seasons, his age, his off ice issues, and having a hip flexor).

Second, "lol lol" Moore will be getting increased responsibility while Stepan is out of the lineup, and i don't (and luckily the coaching staff doesn't, either) subscribe to labeling lines with numbers, while the strength of this team is to have 4 strong lines, that on any given night can be the best line and get more ice time.

Vigneault likes to pair up forwards that show chemistry, there is no reason to break them all up because of one injury.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
its gonna be this

Kreider Miller St. Louis
Nash Brass Zucc
Hagelin Moore Fast
Glass Lindberg Stempniak
Mueller

Malone and Lombardi will be waived and sent to the Minors

Duclair will need a couple of Hat Tricks to make the team

Status