Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: To follow up, though, no cause for alarm with Lundqvist, he's fine. Momentary sting.”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Dan Girardi not skating again today for precautionary reasons. AV says he will skate tomorrowâ€

SupersonicMonkey*

I may not want Malone on this roster (unless he can play, if he can, great news for the Rangers), but labeling them as "finished" is over the top.

The fact is, if both aren't on the roster, then another kid has to be. I can't see 3 rookie forwards being on the roster. And less so one of them being carried as a healthy scratch when they could be playing in Hartford.

One of Malone or Lombardi will make it.

My hope is, it will be the one who can play.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Interesting. Definitely not the 7th. But, who would he beat for a spot? Klein?
At some point but not yet. He should be the top pair in Hartford with Allen. After the new year, ala McD, maybe he forces his way on the big squad and Klein is dealt. He'll see more NHL action this year anyway. The top 6 all won't play 82 games.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Yes really funny that players are getting injured. Do you root for the Rangers or just in the hopes that you're right?

so because I said glass will be on the team I don't root for the Rangers

How old are u 12?

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
What's this Simmonds "out for blood" nonsense? :laugh:

I'm sure Wrath is terrified. By all means tango with him tonight, Wayne.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

It won't be. 188 lb Wayne will run his mouth and slash everyone's wrists. Berube with have utterly worthless Jay Rosehill to answer for Simmonds mouth. Rinaldo will also be charging everyone. At least Glass can pummel that munchkin.

Championship*

He's a guy who LOVES to run his mouth. Something to rile up the animals in Philly and help them forget that they root for the Flyers.

AHB*

so because I said glass will be on the team I don't root for the Rangers

How old are u 12?

You are so dense. I was referring to the fact that you continuously laugh at OUR players getting injured. I dont' care who they are, they are New York Rangers and it's absolutely pathetic to see you root against them, regardless of your opinion. Talk about acting like you're 12.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
You are so dense. I was referring to the fact that you continuously laugh at OUR players getting injured. I dont' care who they are, they are New York Rangers and it's absolutely pathetic to see you root against them, regardless of your opinion.
I concur. Short of Donald Brashear, I don't understand how people who fancy themselves as New York Rangers fans can ever root against our own players?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I continually laugh at our injured players?!?!

Where did u come up with that???

I laugh that people have Lombardi over glass when the guy plays one terrible game then gets hurt

Talk about dense

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There are still 3 games left and 10 days left until game 1. Lombardi and Malone will hopefully heal up and get a couple more looks. I want everyone to get their fair shake because I want to ice the best roster we can.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Lombardi and Malone were both far from awful in their preseason appearances. It's a damn shame they're hurt because I want to, and I'm sure AV and co, want to get more looks at them.

We've been pretty damn good this preseason on an individual basis. The only people who stick out as being supremely terrible OR invisible, to me, are Tarnasky (terrible) and Haggerty (invisible). I know many people will lump Kostka in there, but I do not.

Looking forward to getting another look at Haggerty tonight.

FWIW, I still see both Lombardi and Malone making this team. I think it would be a risk to send either through waivers to keep Duclair around for 9 games. We'd lose one or both of them on waivers.

Kreider - Moore - MSL
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - Stempniak
Glass - Lombardi - Malone
Mueller/ C. Bourque

Probably not popular speculative lines.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wow u found one post where I laughed at the notion of putting Lombardi ahead of glass not that he was injured but that translates to a 12 year old as continually laughing at our own player injuries

Got it

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lombardi and Malone were both far from awful in their preseason appearances. It's a damn shame they're hurt because I want to, and I'm sure AV and co, want to get more looks at them.

We've been pretty damn good this preseason on an individual basis. The only people who stick out as being supremely terrible OR invisible, to me, are Tarnasky (terrible) and Haggerty (invisible). I know many people will lump Kostka in there, but I do not.

Looking forward to getting another look at Haggerty tonight.

FWIW, I still see both Lombardi and Malone making this team. I think it would be a risk to send either through waivers to keep Duclair around for 9 games. We'd lose one or both of them on waivers.

Kreider - Moore - MSL
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - Stempniak
Glass - Lombardi - Malone
Mueller/ C. Bourque

Probably not popular speculative lines.

I agree. But if Duclair deserves to be here then he should stay. Give him the 9 games. Lombardi would be the odd man out if you had to choose between him and Malone imo. I think the Rangers like Malone's size too much.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I agree. But if Duclair deserves to be here then he should stay. Give him the 9 games. Lombardi would be the odd man out if you had to choose between him and Malone imo. I think the Rangers like Malone's size too much.

I'd rather waive Malone. Lombardi's versatility and speed will probably trump Malone's size.

It's an interesting thought, either way. And probably would make for a good debate.

A shame anyone else we waive probably wouldn't be picked up ;)

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I may be mixed up so please bear with me but,

Can someone explain why it is 9 games?

If they already burned a year off his ELC due to signing him after the deadline, what would it matter how many games he played?

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I may be mixed up so please bear with me but,

Can someone explain why it is 9 games?

If they already burned a year off his ELC due to signing him after the deadline, what would it matter how many games he played?

I don't think it matters. The only concern if he makes the team is dumping an AHL vet to get under the 50 contract limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille