GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (July 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
Not many targets I'd want in return for Hodgson. Zibanejad and Lazar would be ones I'm interested in.

Same. Not trading Hodgson to OTT unless one of those two is coming back, which seems unlikely.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
i cant find a trade that makes sense...

1. Hodgson should have relatively high trade value given his age/term/talent...
2. Ottawa is not trading any top prospect like Lazar
3. If TM wants a Prince or Stone... he's overpaying
4. we'd need cap dollars coming back...

unless Murray is playing a longer game... maybe he gets Ceci, and then moves Myers?

I dont' agree with #4. We'll be like 4-5 million over with Ennis. We can go out and sign Ott or someone else if need be. Not saying it's ideal, but if you get the right offer for Hodgson and it doesn't involve salary coming back, you don't let the cap floor stop you. I think we've seen that Murray wouldn't let that stop him.

I agree with the rest. It makes little sense.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I dont' agree with #4. We'll be like 4-5 million over with Ennis. We can go out and sign Ott or someone else if need be. Not saying it's ideal, but if you get the right offer for Hodgson and it doesn't involve salary coming back, you don't let the cap floor stop you. I think we've seen that Murray wouldn't let that stop him.

I agree with the rest. It makes little sense.

very well...

lets go on a hypothetical trip....

Hodgson and Stewart
for
Ceci and Zach Smith

Myers
for
Mantha

?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

unless Murray is playing a longer game... maybe he gets Ceci, and then moves Myers?

It's just ******* on twitter claiming to have heard something on some french radio station

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@Proteautype: "Hello, may I speak to the owner of the Capitals' credit card? We're detecting some alarming purchases. Can you verify your name/address?"

:laugh:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
very well...

lets go on a hypothetical trip....

Hodgson and Stewart
for
Ceci and Zach Smith

Myers
for
Mantha

?

I'd be underwhelmed with both returns...smith is a good piece but lazar/cowne/zib need to be included and I dont buy the Myers to DRT after Quincey came back and even then Mantha is a one month wonder who got drafted well below what many thought...not that I wouldnt welcome him and I dont think hes a great asset but not in a 1-1 swap at this point

Bps21*

Anything with Myers that doesn't start with "2015 1st round pick +" is a pass.

Hodgson and Stewart...I'm open to a lot of trade offers.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Why? I know that a lot of Sabres fans consider him the next Chara or a legit top pairing defenseman, but he's been quite far from that during the 2 seasons that I've been following Sabres.

Asking Nyquist or Mantha and a 1st round pick for Myers must sound absurd to Red Wings fans.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I'd be underwhelmed with both returns...smith is a good piece but lazar/cowne/zib need to be included and I dont buy the Myers to DRT after Quincey came back and even then Mantha is a one month wonder who got drafted well below what many thought...not that I wouldnt welcome him and I dont think hes a great asset but not in a 1-1 swap at this point

57gp 120 pnts in the Q last season

from HockeysFuture 8.0c who is described as "Pure and simple, Mantha is a goal scorer."

Thats exactly the kind of deal I think of when we talk about moving d for forwards.

Bps21*

Why? I know that a lot of Sabres fans consider him the next Chara or a legit top pairing defenseman, but he's been quite far from that during the 2 seasons that I've been following Sabres.

Asking Nyquist or Mantha and a 1st round pick for Myers must sound absurd to Red Wings fans.

I didn't ask for that. I said I'm not listening unless the offer starts with a 2015 first round pick and then we talk prospect.

I don't have to move him. This is where we start the conversation though.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Could Hodgson/Stewart rob ottawa's 2015 1st? Darth Murray?

I saw random twitter users claiming Hodgson + Stewart for Weircoch + Prince + Chaisson + 2nd. Would be a pretty decent haul.

Stewart alone at the deadline should be able to net a 2nd + a decent prospect.

Why would Murray move talent out for more futures at this point?

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
I saw random twitter users claiming Hodgson + Stewart for Weircoch + Prince + Chaisson + 2nd. Would be a pretty decent haul.

I know for a fact that Murray does want Prince. A buddy of mine was talking to Shane's mom and she said that Murray tried real hard to get him at the deadline but a deal couldn't come together.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Hodgson and Stewart...I'm open to a lot of trade offers.

I'd rather add high end young players, then more picks

If Mantha was in the 2014 draft, he goes top 5...

Not to mention that a 2013 draftee speeds up the rebuild where as a 2015 mid 1st might need a few more years...

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I'm interested in Ottawa's first in 2015 because they look like a decent chance for a lotto pick, and I don't believe Hodgson makes sense anywhere on the roster past this year. (There would have to be more to this than Stewart/Hodgson for 1st, obviously).

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'd rather add high end young players, then more picks

If Mantha was in the 2014 draft, he goes top 5...

Not to mention that a 2013 draftee speeds up the rebuild where as a 2015 mid 1st might need a few more years...

For Myers to actually go to Detroit, I'd (Murray would) expect to get both Mantha and a 1st-2015. Which is why this deal is seriously unlikely...

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

We would get younger, but I don't consider Weircoch or Chaisson to be futures. They both step right into top 6, top 4 roles.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011

i think this is where your assumptions go astray. i remember reading rumors that Murray wanted Lazar for Stewart last deadline. If he's adding Hodgson, Lazar is coming here IMO.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
*My own Speculation, not any kind of confirmation or twitter rumor*

Hodgson,Stewart,2nd-2015(buf) for 1st-2015,Stone,Wiercioch
Sign Ott(4y 16mil)

Puts us back to the cap...
Ottawa probably hates this deal though...

Edit: added our 2nd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad