GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (July 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I wonder if Columbus would be interested in Hodgson and/or Stewart?

Probably?

I can't imagine their budget is much over 60 million. They already took on Hartnell and need to get Johansen signed.

I can see the need for both of them, but, I don't see the fit with us.

Nashville I could see being very interested in Hodgson after getting spurned by Spezza.

A decent young center with some offense signed long term and no NMC?

If Hodgson wants out (or Murray doesn't like him) thats where I'd be calling.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Murray mentioned he may have some other deals in the works. Wonder if that will happen today?

I doubt we'll see any big trades for a few days. Teams still sorting out of the rest of the UFA pool.

AFter that we'll start seeing the teams against the cap trying to extract value from their cap dumps. Though, to be fair I've been pretty awful at predicting Tim M's moves, so maybe he does drop some more trades today.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Nah, too steep.

Perhaps. We get a #1C just rounding into his game, and still keep our 2015 1st. We can still grab a top D prospect in 2015 if we like, or we can grab a scoring winger.

I say it's worth it. Gotta give to get (unless you're dealing with Snow).

Does Columbus do it?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Perhaps. We get a #1C just rounding into his game, and still keep our 2015 1st. We can still grab a top D prospect in 2015 if we like, or we can grab a scoring winger.

Does Columbus do it?

Patience and we get a player of his caliber without giving up Risto/Zads + Hodgson, just by holding onto that pick.

That pick has a TON of value. I don't think you will see many, if any at all, teams trading their 2015 1sts. Just have patience. One year.

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014

Does Columbus do it?

While I have loved Johansen's game since his time with the Portland Winterhawks, I wouldn't give the Islander's pick up for him. I'm all for giving them one of Zad/Risto +, but you don't give away a 1 in 15 lottery ticket unless it's for insane value.
Maybe STL 1st, but even with adding Stastny, I have serious doubts about their goaltending.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Perhaps I value him too highly. I love his game.

I have little problem with the value you propose. I have a problem with the asset management aspect of it. Why not just keep the assets, suck this year, and get a center as good or better than Johansen in next year's draft? Then, if you still want to move Hodgson and one of Zads/Risto, trade them for a bigger need next year.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I have little problem with the value you propose. I have a problem with the asset management aspect of it. Why not just keep the assets, suck this year, and get a center as good or better than Johansen in next year's draft? Then, if you still want to move Hodgson and one of Zads/Risto, trade them for a bigger need next year.

Bird in the hand, so to speak. That Islander pick is a total unknown.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Does Columbus do it?

Columbus has been waiting for a true #1 center for a long time. They finally appear to have one in the making, you think they are going to trade him?

It's be the equivalent of being offered a package for Reinhart.

Unless there is a better proven player coming back, they are not listening to any offers.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I just have this feeling Hodgson isn't in Murray's future plans. Columbus is a destination I could see. Also Nashville and Arizona.

Some ideas (and I'm not so good at valuing trades)

To Buf: Boedker
To Arz: Hodgson and a small + (4th/5th rounder or Lower tier prospect)

To Buf: C. Wilson
To Nsh: Hodgson

ZeroPT*

I wouldn't mind a quantity type deal. For example:
Weircoch+Puempel+2nd rounder next year
for
Hodgson

We fill needs (offensive D-man for the rebuild, pure sniper with a big frame)

I prefer Ennis over him and I think TM sees it the same way.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I just have this feeling Hodgson isn't in Murray's future plans. Columbus is a destination I could see. Also Nashville and Arizona.

Some ideas (and I'm not so good at valuing trades)

To Buf: Boedker
To Arz: Hodgson and a small + (4th/5th rounder or Lower tier prospect)

To Buf: C. Wilson
To Nsh: Hodgson

The Nashville Buffalo deal makes zero sense.

Nashville takes that and RUNS.

Let's see what we have this season yet. If Reinhart isn't ready that we literally have no one who can fill that #2 spot other than gifting it to Grigerenko to seeing how Luke Adam can fair.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Probably?

I can't imagine their budget is much over 60 million. They already took on Hartnell and need to get Johansen signed.

I can see the need for both of them, but, I don't see the fit with us.

Nashville I could see being very interested in Hodgson after getting spurned by Spezza.

A decent young center with some offense signed long term and no NMC?

If Hodgson wants out (or Murray doesn't like him) thats where I'd be calling.

Nashville was the team that I was thinking of and was slipping my mind.

They could definitely be a team to talk to about CoHo, too.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Does Columbus do it?

I don't think either GM is interested in that deal.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wouldn't mind a quantity type deal. For example:
Weircoch+Puempel+2nd rounder next year
for
Hodgson

We fill needs (offensive D-man for the rebuild, pure sniper with a big frame)

I prefer Ennis over him and I think TM sees it the same way.

I'd do that, but would Ottawa?

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Nashville was the team that I was thinking of and was slipping my mind.

They could definitely be a team to talk to about CoHo, too.

Only thing is I'm having a problem finding a 'fit'

Ryan Ellis maybe works value-wise, but he's a RHer and we have a sea of those. Would they give up Forseberg for Hodgson? Probably not.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I wouldn't trade Hodgson for anything less than a young top 6 proven scoring winger to a team that needs a #2C which Hodgson could fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad