2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLIFFY HOCKEY

Jan 27, 2008
Norton MA
Just got home from game, 4 -2 win for the PB"S! They were pretty much in control for entire game. Svenberg was awesome, he had no chance on the 2 goals scored! Randell had a nice goal, was nice to see Camara get a good amount of playing time with Randell, Camara had a nice assist as well. Warsofsky* was skating very well as always, he also had a garbage bad angle goal. Nice to see Spooner , he didnt play last game I went to, he looks faster and better than everyone on the ice but also looks bored . Koko didnt look great today, he might be a little bored as well? Nice solid win, now looking forward to Big boys tonight!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just got home from game, 4 -2 win for the PB"S! They were pretty much in control for entire game. Svenberg was awesome, he had no chance on the 2 goals scored! Randell had a nice goal, was nice to see Camara get a good amount of playing time with Randell, Camara had a nice assist as well. Warsofsky* was skating very well as always, he also had a garbage bad angle goal. Nice to see Spooner , he didnt play last game I went to, he looks faster and better than everyone on the ice but also looks bored . Koko didnt look great today, he might be a little bored as well? Nice solid win, now looking forward to Big boys tonight!

Just FYI, Koko has a "lower body injury" and it was a game-time decision as to whether or not he'd play.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not saying it to be an a-hole, just putting it out there. I was as excited as any here for his potential but right out of the gate the injuries seemed to put him behind the 8 ball and he hasn't be able to get on track ever since.

There is something to be said for giving him a chance. but for Cassidy what kind of message does it send to his team if he promotes players to Top 6 or PP roles who don't deserve it based on their play?

You must have missed the part where street free agents like Kane and Collins literally walked off college campuses and were used on special teams and in the SO in their first games. Same goes for PTO guys like Cherniwchan and Asuchak (so happy those guys "earned it"), but by all means, let's find out what someone you invested no time, money or a high draft pick looks like while you let players you did draft sit in the pressbox or on the bench.

Those other teams like Norfolk and Grand Rapids must be doing it all wrong :sarcasm:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I'm going to be very, very angry if Knight is traded.

Hes perfect for this team. And he could do what Cunningham is doing but better and work his way up like Marshy did.

Going to be a big mistake. But I dont understand why nobody in the media has asked anyone in the organization about whats going on in Prov concerning our prospects. Not one person has asked. Sweeney is/was? a huge backer of Knight. Is that still true? Will they hold onto him? We know what he can do. Getting him away from Cassidy should be the goal. Clode would love Knights game, IMO.

Really? Seriously?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Really? Seriously?

Which part?

Clode supposedly does love his game.

Sweeney supposedly also a Knight backer.

Opinions are like ********, but I believe that if given the chance, Knight could do what CC has done (3pts in 27 games. Is this unattainable?).

Instead of getting away from Cassidy, how about the two learn to coexist, and they put Knight (and all the B's prospects) in a position to succeed.

Colt, I know that Knight wasn't a WHL guy, but that doesn't make him all bad :laugh:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Which part?

Clode supposedly does love his game.

Sweeney supposedly also a Knight backer.

Opinions are like ********, but I believe that if given the chance, Knight could do what CC has done (3pts in 27 games. Is this unattainable?).

Instead of getting away from Cassidy, how about the two learn to coexist, and they put Knight (and all the B's prospects) in a position to succeed.

Colt, I know that Knight wasn't a WHL guy, but that doesn't make him all bad :laugh:

Why hasn't there been significantly more pressure on Cassidy from Clode/Sweeney senior bruins team? That's the burning question...

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'd love for Charley and Cam to walk arm in arm into Peter's office and say:

"Something has to be done now to shake things up. You can continue to work on your trades but we want Spooner and Knight called up. Tell Clode to play Spooner and Knight on the fourth line for now. Sit Campbell down until further notice."

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Why hasn't there been significantly more pressure on Cassidy from Clode/Sweeney senior bruins team? That's the burning question...

Cassidy runs the team, and if you start giving orders to him (as the GM) you run the risk of undercutting his authority, which is never a good idea for the overall health of a team, even if it negatively impacts one or two players. Can't have the inmates running the asylum, just not a good idea.

The question I ask is why isn't it an organizational philosophy to give the guys that you spent high draft picks on every opportunity to succeed? If they fail after that, fine, cut bait, but I don't think that has happened. Why would you take a kid that was always a Top 6 guy, played on special teams, yada, yada, yada...and play him as a 4th line grinder and not give him any time doing the things that made you draft him to begin with?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Cassidy runs the team, and if you start giving orders to him (as the GM) you run the risk of undercutting his authority, which is never a good idea for the overall health of a team, even if it negatively impacts one or two players. Can't have the inmates running the asylum, just not a good idea.

The question I ask is why isn't it an organizational philosophy to give the guys that you spent high draft picks on every opportunity to succeed? If they fail after that, fine, cut bait, but I don't think that has happened. Why would you take a kid that was always a Top 6 guy, played on special teams, yada, yada, yada...and play him as a 4th line grinder and not give him any time doing the things that made you draft him to begin with?

I hear you GD, however something has to give. As the GM your investment are the kids you drafted high, the hammer needs to come down at some point if you're investments aren't being maximized and developed. Again something has to give, :rant:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Divver tweeted Morrow is 2-4 weeks with a deep bone bruise according to Cassidy. Could have been much worse.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Really? Seriously?

You along with many other naysayers probably couldnt pick out Knight in a police lineup. But that's okay. Going back now from his time in junior to the crap Cassidy has been doing for over 2 years, if you were paying attention you'd know what kind of player he is, and what he can be.

And when he does, either here or some other team, I'll be waiting for the crow you and others will have to eat. And I'm confident in that. Big time.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I'd love for Charley and Cam to walk arm in arm into Peter's office and say:

"Something has to be done now to shake things up. You can continue to work on your trades but we want Spooner and Knight called up. Tell Clode to play Spooner and Knight on the fourth line for now. Sit Campbell down until further notice."

Still upset when Claude had a hissy fit that Spooner was looking good and he called him out. He was so scared that he might make the team. Claude couldn't wait for his boy Campbell to get back in action so he could deploy his same old routine of 4th line wingers.
So where is the accountability? Both Campbell and Paille have been brutal this year. Both are UFA's. get rid of them. Combined they have scored a whole 6 goals. They both have a grand total of 8 points each this year, while playing close to 3/4 of the
season. This has been an epic fail. Chia needs to make a statement to Claude and get rid of these two clowns. They might have been okay in 2011 but it's 4 years later and both players need to go.

Gregory Campbell 48 5 3 8 4
Daniel Paille 53 1 7 8 -9

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
:laugh:

So, in other words, you don't know.

To be blunt, you have zero idea of what you are talking about regarding Knight and his "multiple opportunities". Opportunities where? No Top 6 time, not even consistent Top 9 time where he regularly got 10-12 minutes on the ice. No PP time, and one or two chances on the PK and in the SO....

OVER ALMOST THREE YEARS.

It would be one thing if PRO was overrun with quality prospects, but we are talking about ECHL, street FA's and PTO guys getting opportunities before Knight (and other prospects drafted by the B's). This doesn't strike you as the least bid odd? This would be so much easier if the AHL published players' TOI and people could see how little an "opportunity" Knight has actually gotten.

As far as the second part, not sure what "info" you are referring to because everything you are saying is not fact, and is just as much speculation as my theory.

Anyone that does not think Knight is a great player, Don't know what they are talking about about.

For the info there is a lot of links look for it.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Anyone that does not think Knight is a great player, Don't know what they are talking about about.

For the info there is a lot of links look for it.

I never said that Knight was a great player. "Great" is something you have to prove. The point I have made all along is that Knight has never even been given the opportunity to prove that he was great, average, or a bust. I have pointed out the lack of TOI, the lack of a chance to play in the Top 6, no special teams, no shootouts. All things that Knight did very capably in junior.

All you can counter with is, he sucks, the stats are out there (what stats?), other posters have talked about it...you must have killed it on the debate team.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Not for nothing but Knight has 3 pts in 29 AHL games, so thinking it may be a more difficult task for him at the NHL level isn't unbelievable.

Fact is, restricted opportunities or not, Knight hasn't done anything to earn that look. He might just not be ready yet, but to suggest he could jump right into the bigs and impress is a little far fetched considering his AHL career so far. Cunningham has had the more impressive pro career so far, and it's not even close. If the club likes him, they'll give him time to impress, but he hasn't done it yet.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Divver tweeted Morrow is 2-4 weeks with a deep bone bruise according to Cassidy. Could have been much worse.

I'm starting to worry about Morrow and his health. I think this is his third trip to the IR in about two years...? I hope he heals up quickly. I'd love to see this kid make the team out of camp next year.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Cassidy is not an island unto himself. He works for Bruins management and serves at its pleasure and direction.

I realize that its not a good thing for upper management to dictate the day-to-day operations of a team. But when the goals of the organization and its development program are not being met, Sweeney and Chiarelli have to take a stand. And, if Cassidy is not happy about them "interfering" in his domain, he has to suck it up and take it. And, most of all, he can't let it be known that these moves are being directed from above. If he has any management skills at all, if he is a "company man", he lets his players think it's his idea and blames no one.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm starting to worry about Morrow and his health. I think this is his third trip to the IR in about two years...? I hope he heals up quickly. I'd love to see this kid make the team out of camp next year.

Knee-on-knee hit, not much he could do about it. And it could have been horribly worse.

BTW, the guy who hit Morrow, Andrew Crescenzi, has been suspended for two games.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Hey guys, I'm headed to Providence on Friday to catch the PB v BPT game. It's my first time at the DD center. Can anyone give me tips on 1) Good section to sit in, 2) The parking situation, and 3) Food options nearby?

Thanks in advance.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

guys are much more likely to run him in the AHL. morrow should be playing in the NHL for good based on what i saw during his time with boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad