2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
Hey guys, I'm headed to Providence on Friday to catch the PB v BPT game. It's my first time at the DD center. Can anyone give me tips on 1) Good section to sit in, 2) The parking situation, and 3) Food options nearby?

Thanks in advance.

1.any section is a good view
2.park at the mall for $2 and walk across the indoor bridge ,through the convention center right to the lobby, indoors all the way:nod:
3.There is Shula's next door, and a bar across the street.

flooredaccord

Apr 30, 2011
2.park at the mall for $2 and walk across the indoor bridge ,through the convention center right to the lobby, indoors all the way:nod:.

in 20 years (13 of them driving myself) Ive ever done it that way. I dont know exactly how to either. Are there signs?

The only time Id advise not to do it that way is if there are certain events at the convention center. I over heard that they were unable to use the bridge to the dunk bc of the car show last week.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
1.any section is a good view
2.park at the mall for $2 and walk across the indoor bridge ,through the convention center right to the lobby, indoors all the way:nod:
3.There is Shula's next door, and a bar across the street.

in 20 years (13 of them driving myself) Ive ever done it that way. I dont know exactly how to either. Are there signs?

The only time Id advise not to do it that way is if there are certain events at the convention center. I over heard that they were unable to use the bridge to the dunk bc of the car show last week.

Thanks!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The one good thing about Koko being hurt would be that I hope it would hinder the B's ability to move him in some dumb trade for a rental player.

Another good thing would be Cassidy being forced to play other drafted top talent to make up for his loss...

But you know that aint happening. Bring on the ECHLers!

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Will post occasional updates for tonight's game vs. Bridgeport...hoping someone smacks Harry Z around but I won't count on it.

Starting for Providence:

Stuart-Spooner-Griffith
Youds-Warsofsky
Subban

Werek-Lindblad-Ferlin
Stuart-Spooner-Griffith
Kane-Cherniwchan-Flick
Camara-Sexton-Randell

Bruins on the PP :25 in.

Ferlin takes a puck to the net and scores late in the PP. He's been playing well since returning from injury.

Amazing that even with Koko out with injury that Knight can't get into the lineup...

Bridgeport scores on a slap shot from the blue line. Not sure what Subban was doing on that one. Ouch--it was Lashoff that scored.

Stuart scores late in the first, 2-1 Providence. Stuart has been a decent pickup for the team--5 goals, 6 assists in 23 games.

Nice work from Spooner on the PK in the late minute in the first...2-1 Providence after one.

Bridgeport scores on shorty and ties it up early in the 3rd.

Still 2-2 midway thru the second. Providence just had an extended shift in the Bridgeport zone but couldn't get much on net. Not a lot of pure skill on the ice tonight for the Bs, so maybe 2-2 isn't a bad thing for now.

Ferlin looking great tonight, he's been unstoppable-for the most part-in the offensive zone. Good skating.

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Sad part is. Flick wont play in the NHL but Knight will eventually. :laugh:

but go on Cassidy. Give Flick the ice time!

There have been numerous posts in this thread from regular PBruins watchers saying Flick (and Randall) have earned a look on the fourth line for a game or two in Boston. Both have upped their game a lot this season, beyond the points.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'll change the question to this: who will have a career in the NHL?

Flick or Knight.

(fyi: I like Randall and think he'd be great on the 4th)

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'll change the question to this: who will have a career in the NHL?

Flick or Knight.

(fyi: I like Randall and think he'd be great on the 4th)

Your question calls for massive speculation. If you told me Antoine Roussel would have an NHL career five years ago, I'd have laughed in your face.

Look, I'm past done people grousing about Knight and Cassidy and ice time or even taking shots at the "echl" crew. But now *****ing on guys under contract to Boston who've legit looked good and stepped up their game? And hell, I thought Flick sucked when he got here but I'll eat crow now. Someone coached the kid from being a quasi goon with little or no offensive awareness to being a decent defensive grinder that works hard enough to create scoring chances for himself and his line mates. It amazes me how people who don't actually watch the games are willing to look, with all due respect, ignorant, just to get their jabs in and in the process take a shot at a player who deserves credit, not scorn.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Your question calls for massive speculation. If you told me Antoine Roussel would have an NHL career five years ago, I'd have laughed in your face.

Look, I'm past done people grousing about Knight and Cassidy and ice time or even taking shots at the "echl" crew. But now *****ing on guys under contract to Boston who've legit looked good and stepped up their game? And hell, I thought Flick sucked when he got here but I'll eat crow now. Someone coached the kid from being a quasi goon with little or no offensive awareness to being a decent defensive grinder that works hard enough to create scoring chances for himself and his line mates. It amazes me how people who don't actually watch the games are willing to look, with all due respect, ignorant, just to get their jabs in and in the process take a shot at a player who deserves credit, not scorn.

Just so you know, the "quasi-goon" had 27g/30a in 68 games his last year in Junior with Mississauga (along with 167 PIM's), so he always had some offensive ability (enough for CHI to draft him in the 4th round anyway).

The primary difference this year has been minutes. Flick has played almost the entire year in the Top 9 and was in the Top 6 for games when there were injuries/call ups. I don't dislike Flick and I give the kid props for making an impression, but even with all that extra time he has just 9g/6a in 40 games. If Knight played Top 6/9 minutes for 40 games (and on special teams), thinking he would have at least that, and likely more, but we will never know sadly.

I have been keeping tabs on Randell since his Kitchener days, and think that he would be a better NHL 4th liner than Flick. Hopefully, he gets that chance.

It would be so interesting if the AHL would just keep track of and publish the TOI stats. I have a feeling it would be a real eye opener for some people.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Who said I don't watch the games? I've watched my fair share. Seen by fair share. I refuse to travel down to the dunk anymore because I'm not happy with the product. I've been watching and going to PBs games for a long time. I used to root hard for Sauve. Others on here might remember that. So, with all due respect, you're wrong on that front. And I understand the fustration when many people who don't watch can form opinions on players they've never seen. I've seen enough of Knight to know what he can bring. There is not one doubt in my mind about that, you disagree. That's fine. No problem.

Oh and don't be mistaken. I'm happy for Flick. But there is no way he, or the ECHL crew should be taking up precious development time over players like Camara and Knight. Flick has been given the chance to up his game. He should be commended for it. But IMO, he's not going to be anything other than MAYBE a 4th liner. Look. Hamill has great ahl numbers. So did Chris Bourque. But both are not NHL players. So I don't take much stock in it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Not gonna answer all this on my phone, but Zach Hamill never had great AHL numbers, certainly not for where he was drafted, what his projected role was, nor on par with Bourque. But that's moot as stats aren't why I thought Hamill wasn't an NHL player and I'm not even sure why he's being brought up here. My issue with Boston's fourth line is if Clode wants grinders on the lower lines then bring up the grinders not the skills guys and try to make them something they ain't. My advocacy for Flick and Randall is 100 percent based on role in the system not because I think they are "better" statswise or skill wise, again IF this is what Clode insists on doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->