2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fire Cassidy!

go read the drafting thread around here- replying to the great HF poster Beesfan on my take of the game last night....I'm probably done for a while going to Providence even though I got all these tickets and vouchers- a train wreck and a waste of gas. Corey Kane is probably a great guy but I want to watch CAMARA AND KNIGHT not Corey Kane.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Will post occasional updates today...PBruins with zero points this weekend after a pair of 4-2 losses against Portland and Worcester. Maybe injuries throughout the organization are catching up to the Providence boys?

Lines so far:

Flo-Lindblad-Randell
Spooner-Cunningham-Ferlin

Assuming the others are:

Camara-Koko-Pasta
Kane-Flick-Knight

D pairs today (ouch...):

Cross-Simonelli
Eminger-Casto
Aneloski-MacKenzie

Smith

Ice Caps had SH goal waved off early in the first due to the play being offside.

Randell vs. Blanchard...even fight until Blanchard gets Randell off-balance and gets in a few short shots. Narrow win Blanchard.

And now a Bruins goal is overturned for some reason...

Flick vs. Cormier after flick levels a St. John' player behind the net...more of a wrestling match than anything else.

After strong work from Smith, Pasta and Flick (!) combine for a 2 on 1 goal. Flick with the goal.

Fairly quiet second period, with St. John's scoring on a PP late in the period but Ferlin scores less than a minute later. He fits right in with Spooner and Captain Cunningham. 2-1 going into the third.

Camara scores early in the third after some nice work from Koko. That line has been good today and are finally rewarded.

Ferlin gets another on on the PP. 4-1 now. Great puck movement on the PP from Lindblad and Pasta.

Bruins win it 4-1. The Ice Caps were just the opponent the team needed to finish up the weekend.

Last edited:

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Will post occasional updates today...PBruins with zero points this weekend after a pair of 4-2 losses against Portland and Worcester. Maybe injuries throughout the organization are catching up to the Providence boys?

Lines so far:

Flo-Lindblad-Randell
Spooner-Cunningham-Ferlin

Assuming the others are
Camara-Koko-Pasta
Kane-Fick-Knight

Cross-Simonelli
Eminger-Casto
Anoloski-MacKenzie

Ice Caps SH goal waved off for some reason...announcer isn't sure why.
Edit: nevermind. I posted, and you edited at same time. :laugh:

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Absolute ****ing ********* that Knight is back down to next to zero playing time … Despite playing well, his ice time has steadily decreased this season and Cassidy is back to shunning him on the 4th line while allowing ECHL guys to sniff bigger minutes :shakehead

Not sure how to explain it other than it's obviously something other than Knight's play that Cassidy dislikes. Guy should be playing 2nd line minutes every night and special teams. Asset mismanagement at it's finest :help:

Was starting to think that Cassidy was evolving, but obviously I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt too soon. He's right back to his old ways right under Sweeney's nose. I hope for the sake of our prospects (not the damn ECHL call-ups), Sweeney reigns Cassidy in again and our prospects get the ice time they need to properly develop.

Prospects need to get more ice time than fill-ins. Not sure why Cassidy doesn't seem to get this, and why the higher ups allow it to happen.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Absolute ****ing ********* that Knight is back down to next to zero playing time … Despite playing well, his ice time has steadily decreased this season and Cassidy is back to shunning him on the 4th line while allowing ECHL guys to sniff bigger minutes :shakehead

Not sure how to explain it other than it's obviously something other than Knight's play that Cassidy dislikes. Guy should be playing 2nd line minutes every night and special teams. Asset mismanagement at it's finest :help:

Was starting to think that Cassidy was evolving, but obviously I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt too soon. He's right back to his old ways right under Sweeney's nose. I hope for the sake of our prospects (not the damn ECHL call-ups), Sweeney reigns Cassidy in again and our prospects get the ice time they need to properly develop.

Prospects need to get more ice time than fill-ins. Not sure why Cassidy doesn't seem to get this, and why the higher ups allow it to happen.

When was he relegated? As to the thing cassidy doesnt like in his game, is it the fact he doesn't score with his ice time. Kane scored in his first game with meaningful minutes, knight hasn't scored in 12 games assuming the first 8 or 9 were big ice time minimum, 1 point doesn't cut it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Sweeney was not there this weekend so Cassidy gave Knight 5 minutes and Cory Kane 15 with power play and Knights penalty killing :laugh:

I just want knight to leave and see what happens

I will howl like a wolf at a full moon if he develops somewhere and the Boston Teddy Bears- the Big Cuddly Teddies have to go into FA and overpay to get a guy

Can't wait till our 2010 top three picks - Seguin, Knight, and Spooner are all playing somewhere else and we got whatever

At this point Knight and Cassidy can't get along and time to release the player or trade him for a defenseman

Why do they keep knight here if the coach doesn't believe in him and trashes him :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When was he relegated? As to the thing cassidy doesnt like in his game, is it the fact he doesn't score with his ice time. Kane scored in his first game with meaningful minutes, knight hasn't scored in 12 games assuming the first 8 or 9 were big ice time minimum, 1 point doesn't cut it

I was there Kane scored a goal from behind the bet like my daughters U12 game. But I'll take it (and she would and did:laugh:)

Just cut Knight or trade him to an AHL team for a defenseman. Then we get to see if Knight does suck or the dislike in this relationship (heavy on Cassidy towards Knight but may be getting even :nod:)is a factor

I will put my money once traded Knight becomes the player they thought he'd be. It will be fun if he's in the NHL and Boston has to go find a veteran RW and overpay :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
And here I thought Sweeney finally sorted out Cassidy :(

Can we bring Knight up and get rid of Gagne cause that experiment has run its course!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And here I thought Sweeney finally sorted out Cassidy :(

Can we bring Knight up and get rid of Gagne cause that experiment has run its course!

Sweeney is away I believe and Cassidy controls TOI.

Obviously any player on the AHL fourth line getting no special teams play and less than 10 minutes won't be around long. Sometimes divorce is good for both sides. Both sides can start fresh. Maybe the Bruins can get Nick Johnson back and finish the development process.

The league is heading to almost no check and guys like Knight who do body check will be considered dinosaurs. Boston may be wise to move him ahead of the curve. Last night he crushes Hayes with a clean albeit viscious check and gets called for a phantom boarding hit.

Eriksson, Smith, and Griffith are the way to go- add Pastrnak and no chance for any check related calls- or even checks

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Where do you get stats like time on ice for Providence? I've never been able to locate any through ahl.com or the PBruins site...

One of my daughters friends (who actually lurks here) worked for Providence Bruins and did stats but she was careful as what she gives me knowing I could do evil with it. I'm not sure of any stats on them I got these other ways and try to be careful not to say to much because apparently they don't make this stuff known.

I tried to have her give me info last year to support my case that Knight was being screwed by Cassidy and she would not (but she once told me he was so hosed and what a joke it was with them). It's not as hard core as Boston's but with analytics all the rage it will be more precise and less crude in the next year or two

It's to bad she wimped out on me because my Knight Shaft report needed the backup. I could do the 37 shoot out attempts before he got a chance (and immediately went 3 for 3) but TOI and ECHL callups and college FA stuff I needed what she had. I wish she didn't know me so well and that I had hate and revenge in my heart. But she did.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Where do you get stats like time on ice for Providence? I've never been able to locate any through ahl.com or the PBruins site...

ahl.com has the most stats, but you have to watch the games to see TOI as they don't post it for whatever reasons.

Baffling the way this kid is being treated. I don't care what the name is of the player we're talking about … It's as simple as this: You have a 2nd round draft pick (a big investment in draft terms) in his 3rd professional season playing limited 4th line minutes with career AHL plugs, and ECHL call ups getting more playing time. No matter how you spin it, that is just piss poor asset management.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
ahl.com has the most stats, but you have to watch the games to see TOI as they don't post it for whatever reasons.

Baffling the way this kid is being treated. I don't care what the name is of the player we're talking about … It's as simple as this: You have a 2nd round draft pick (a big investment in draft terms) in his 3rd professional season playing limited 4th line minutes with career AHL plugs, and ECHL call ups getting more playing time. No matter how you spin it, that is just piss poor asset management.

Didn't he start out with koko and pastrnak this year? He was given an oppurtunity, he didn't flourish statistically, so back in the dog house until they want to give him another chance. Some of the blame falls on knight here, 1 point in 12 games isnt good. His last 21 pro games he is 0-2 (-1). Pastrnak has over 5x knights production in almost half the total games played while being 3-4 years younger. That's a stark difference. Not ruling out knight taking the Joe colborne route but his production to this point while on a top line warrants demotion, it doesn't matter who replaces him, echl plug or guy off the street

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Didn't he start out with koko and pastrnak this year? He was given an oppurtunity, he didn't flourish statistically, so back in the dog house until they want to give him another chance. Some of the blame falls on knight here, 1 point in 12 games isnt good. His last 21 pro games he is 0-2 (-1). Pastrnak has over 5x knights production in almost half the total games played while being 3-4 years younger. That's a stark difference. Not ruling out knight taking the Joe colborne route but his production to this point while on a top line warrants demotion, it doesn't matter who replaces him, echl plug or guy off the street

Nope. I just scrolled back through all of Divver's game lines since opening night. The highest line he's started on has been the 3rd line, and as of this past weekend, he's back on the 4th line. Opening night, the he was on the 3rd line: Randell-Werek-Knight. Today, he was on the 4th line: Flick-Kane-Knight.

Wouldn't say that he's gotten any real opportunity at all … Just the opposite, actually.

And comparing Pastrnak to Knight is comparing apples and oranges.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Nope. I just scrolled back through all of Divver's game lines since opening night. The highest line he's started on has been the 3rd line, and as of this past weekend, he's back on the 4th line. Opening night, the he was on the 3rd line: Randell-Werek-Knight. Today, he was on the 4th line: Flick-Kane-Knight.

Wouldn't say that he's gotten any real opportunity at all … Just the opposite, actually.

Jared Knight in starting lineup for @AHLBruins . Didn't look good when he hobbled off after taking shot off knee in 3rd last night.

-mark divver Oct 25

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Knight had 95% been on a third line with Lindblad and usually Florek. This weekend he went to fourth line. He did not kill penalties game I saw I'd say ECHL callup that day Cory Kane did. Time to cut bait. The Bruins should be able to get a 4-6 AHL defenseman for Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad