2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Not watching tonight's game but, from a couple of accounts Knight fight Bodnarchuk...sounds like the former Bruin got the better of JK.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not watching tonight's game but, from a couple of accounts Knight fight Bodnarchuk...sounds like the former Bruin got the better of JK.

not bad, no shots to head from either- meh fight, no one embarrassed

my kid has a Bodnarchuk jersey and as a yute this was her guy- great kid, pretty funny to me Knight and Bondo would go

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
love to see Spooner ramping it up so he can get out of here

he is helping himself pretty well

heard a couple of names the past few days and I think Boston will be getting the short end but they want to move Ryan and I'm sure he cant wait to get out here

helping self with great performance lately

playing for freedom

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Shades of Marchment

SardonicCoolGuanaco.gif

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Yes, because fans know better than management

Did you even watch him when he was up??? He was outstanding .. great defensively .....outstanding breakout passes.....blocked shots and had the wheels to retrieve the puck and relieve pressure on his own! There's no doubt he's NHL ready and he proved it when he was up.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Did you even watch him when he was up??? He was outstanding .. great defensively .....outstanding breakout passes.....blocked shots and had the wheels to retrieve the puck and relieve pressure on his own! There's no doubt he's NHL ready and he proved it when he was up.

Yes I did watch him, solid player for the future, he is better off in the AHL playin tough mins vice limited mins in Boston. He will be fine down the road and at the moment he is not taking anyone's spot with the big club except Bart's, and don't want him sitting as the seventh d. Also please note that just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean they don't watch him, I have probably missed five Bruins games in the last five years, I watch them all. I also have faith in management, regardless of what others think, they are the ones with the best info on what's best for each player. Players will come and go, at the end of the day it is usually the correct call, not always but majority of the time.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Yes I did watch him, solid player for the future, he is better off in the AHL playin tough mins vice limited mins in Boston. He will be fine down the road and at the moment he is not taking anyone's spot with the big club except Bart's, and don't want him sitting as the seventh d. Also please note that just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean they don't watch him, I have probably missed five Bruins games in the last five years, I watch them all. I also have faith in management, regardless of what others think, they are the ones with the best info on what's best for each player. Players will come and go, at the end of the day it is usually the correct call, not always but majority of the time.

Well I guess I'll agree to disagree with your views on the Bruins management and their assessment on Morrow, as I believe Morrow would progress much better right now on the B's playing with and against better players. He has the tools and would diffidently help the bruins in a much needed area of need. Certain players up their level of play, playing with better players and playing against better competition and Morrow falls into that category.

Last edited:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
love to see Spooner ramping it up so he can get out of here

he is helping himself pretty well

heard a couple of names the past few days and I think Boston will be getting the short end but they want to move Ryan and I'm sure he cant wait to get out here

helping self with great performance lately

playing for freedom

Spooner is finally getting healthy and showing why he will be an NHL player.
Hoping that Chia is not stupid enough to let go of this talent.
If Carl leaves as a UFA Boston will need someone as a 3rd line center.
They could use a 4th line center as well, with the likely departure of Campbell.
I would be keeping both Koko and Spooner for the future.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
1. Hoping that Chia is not stupid enough to let go of this talent.
2. If Carl leaves as a UFA Boston will need someone as a 3rd line center.
3. They could use a 4th line center as well, with the likely departure of Campbell.
4. I would be keeping both Koko and Spooner for the future.

I enjoyed watching Spooner his time in Boston and also hope we retain him. Curious if the off ice time helped him refocus. Spending time in the pressbox with Sweeny could be a good thing for development.

1. Always depends on the return and whether or not Chia et al believe cup contending team.

2. Koko or Spooner need to keep one of them.

3. 4th line is what it is a defensive line with limited ice time. All 3 today valued for effective penalty kill.

4. Me too but we are overloaded with centers (a great problem to have).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hoping that Chia is not stupid enough to let go of this talent.
If Carl leaves as a UFA Boston will need someone as a 3rd line center.
They could use a 4th line center as well, with the likely departure of Campbell.
I would be keeping both Koko and Spooner for the future.

I know I'm not management and don't know nuttin'

But 4 thoughts
1. Spooner is gone folks- he has zero chance with Claude here- he's been great since he realized he can play his way out of town; Boston trying to get either short term NHL help or a prospect with similar but more likely close to talent

2. The big guy in the Bruins jersey tonight pregame was a pretty good hockey player- he'd be quite a power forward

3. Pandolfo will take over for Don Sweeney as GM in Providence and the highly thought of Kevin Dean will be Providence coach; Sweeney trusts Pandolfo and can focus more on Boston

4. Micheal Ryder will be cheap and would be a better fit/rental than the hockey bi-polar Chris Stewart- drawing interest and knows team and for 2 months much better fit- better defensively than Stewart. Lot of tire kicking and now checking PSI

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I know I'm not management and don't know nuttin'

But 4 thoughts
1. Spooner is gone folks- he has zero chance with Claude here- he's been great since he realized he can play his way out of town; Boston trying to get either short term NHL help or a prospect with similar but more likely close to talent

2. The big guy in the Bruins jersey tonight pregame was a pretty good hockey player- he'd be quite a power forward

3. Pandolfo will take over for Don Sweeney as GM in Providence and the highly thought of Kevin Dean will be Providence coach; Sweeney trusts Pandolfo and can focus more on Boston

4. Micheal Ryder will be cheap and would be a better fit/rental than the hockey bi-polar Chris Stewart- drawing interest and knows team and for 2 months much better fit- better defensively than Stewart. Lot of tire kicking and now checking PSI

I haven't followed how Ryder has played this year but I do agree he'd transition in nicely if he's still on his game.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Morrow keeps taking 5-min majors /incredibly cheap hits.

He needs to be in the NHL where he can be playing against classier players (on average) with video review.

Plus, he's the best skater on the back and we could really, really use that. Hopefully we move Seidenberg in the offseason and make room for Morrow.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 3h3 hours ago
P-Bruins lineup changes tonite: Cross, Youds, Kane, Cherniwchan in. Koko & Eminger day to day. Lindblad still out. Knight healthy scratch

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 3h3 hours ago
P-Bruins lineup changes tonite: Cross, Youds, Kane, Cherniwchan in. Koko & Eminger day to day. Lindblad still out. Knight healthy scratch

sounds like a trade is coming:laugh:

Camara next up after Knight heads West (or South or South West)

Last edited:

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
sounds like a trade is coming:laugh:

Camara next up after Knight heads West (or South or South West)

I'm just happy that Kane and Chernichiwichiquan are being developed properly and seeing significant ice time :snakehead

Looking forward to seeing Knight and Spooner blossom elsewhere. I've come to grips with it. At this point it would be a disservice not to get them both the hell out of here.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I'm just happy that the development of undrafted ECHL stalwarts isn't being hindered by 2nd round draft investments like Knight.

Buy high, sell low. It's called Bruinsâ„¢

Koko might as well start packing his bags as well. It's only a matter of time.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This is what Cassisy does. Not surprised at all. Though I'm curious why the B's brass (who we know love Knight) havent done anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad