2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The question is, What would happen wen Knight would be under a new coach/Organization and still couldn't play more then 5 minutes a game in the AHL/Europe.

What would be the excuses then?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The question is, What would happen wen Knight would be under a new coach/Organization and still couldn't play more then 5 minutes a game in the AHL/Europe.

What would be the excuses then?

Seeing as he has only played for one coach in the Pros, that's pure speculation on your part. I don't think playing or not playing Knight is going to cost PRO an AHL championship, so why not give him some minutes and find out.

Easy enough.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
:laugh:

Did Harry Potter tell you that in one of your dreams.

No. But it told me you're a Draco Malfoy. So I guess we both win.

Mark this post down so when Knight makes it in the NHL and random echlers nowhere to be found, I'll think of you and hope you come back and post, eating crow. It'll make it all the more delicious.

The same people told me Joe Colborne would never play in the nhl and low and behold, who is having a good year in Calgary? Oh. That's right. Joe Colborne.

At the end of the day, I want players drafted high to play top line minutes. To be developed properly. I dont like whats been going on. Cassidy HAS done this before. His time with the Caps is infamous. I forsee him ruining certain players unless the B's brass step up. And when I'm right about Knight making it, whether here or someone else. I'll smile.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
At the end of the day, I want players drafted high to play top line minutes. To be developed properly. I dont like whats been going on. Cassidy HAS done this before. His time with the Caps is infamous. I forsee him ruining certain players unless the B's brass step up. And when I'm right about Knight making it, whether here or someone else. I'll smile.

being right is so awesomez.

nice win for pb's last night. ferlin is really starting to make an upwards spike.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
being right is so awesomez.

nice win for pb's last night. ferlin is really starting to make an upwards spike.

Being right IS fun. But its not about BEING right. Its about watching a player, knowing his potential and proving the doubters wrong. That's justice. Its strange to see so many people not understanding the situation, or rooting for him to fail. He was drafted in the 2nd round. He played with Kadri. They were unstoppable. He played in the memorial cup hurt. Hes overcome playing with diabetes. He's fixed his weight and found a mma program to keep him healthy. He should be playing more. Boston needs a grinder. A guy who can play the Marchand role and work his way up. He plays pk, pp, shootout. He relentlessly forechecks. He can be an essential player on the PB's AND the Bruins.

Sweeney and Clode both like his game. But hey, if I'm wrong they must be too.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
No. But it told me you're a Draco Malfoy. So I guess we both win.

Mark this post down so when Knight makes it in the NHL and random echlers nowhere to be found, I'll think of you and hope you come back and post, eating crow. It'll make it all the more delicious.

The same people told me Joe Colborne would never play in the nhl and low and behold, who is having a good year in Calgary? Oh. That's right. Joe Colborne.

At the end of the day, I want players drafted
high to play top line minutes. To be developed properly. I dont like whats been going on. Cassidy HAS done this before. His time with the Caps is infamous. I forsee him ruining certain players unless the B's brass step up. And when I'm right about Knight making it, whether here or someone else. I'll smile.

You really having nothing to lose do you? He fails, nobody cares, he succeeds you come back and chirp and you come across obnoxious. Thing is, most of us will move on with whatever takes place with the infamous Knight. I wish well of Knight, if he does succeedl, it won't be more than bottom 2 lines, many of those guys for the taking out there so why is everyone stressing so much. Seems pointless.:amazed:

As for Cassidy...I'm not in the inside so hope all that has been said isn't a reality. Be interesting to hear Pasta's point of view? or like any other's have said, have a reporter challenge Chia/Sweeny regarding player development in Boston. My biggest concern has been Spooner. He has the potential for top 2 lines.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You know whats obnoxious? You guys coming in here spewing out nonsense about a player you haven't seen or heard whats going on. For 3 years its been happening. Wether its me or others who know what this kid can do, there are still people on here hellbent on hoping the kid fails. Refusing to accept that Cassidy who had done this before might be mishandling him. Gosh, how could it be?

Look. If you dont like Knight?fine. If you do? Fine. But dont get yourself into a tizzy because people defend him. There IS a problem down in Prov. If you dont want to acknowledge it or accept it fine.

But I will enjoy being right about a prospect when he succeeds. So many people on here have egg on their faces from other players. This will add to it. And its not me being smug. You can come in here and dump on a player and then get high and mighty when people disagree.

Agree to disagree and move on. You Knight haters..no. Knight disagreers are just as obnoxious. There's a reason why Dan doesn't post often in this thread.

Just saying.

Negativity.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You know whats obnoxious? You guys coming in here spewing out nonsense about a player you haven't seen or heard whats going on. For 3 years its been happening. Wether its me or others who know what this kid can do, there are still people on here hellbent on hoping the kid fails. Refusing to accept that Cassidy who had done this before might be mishandling him. Gosh, how could it be?

Look. If you dont like Knight?fine. If you do? Fine. But dont get yourself into a tizzy because people defend him. There IS a problem down in Prov. If you dont want to acknowledge it or accept it fine.

But I will enjoy being right about a prospect when he succeeds. So many people on here have egg on their faces from other players. This will add to it. And its not me being smug. You can come in here and dump on a player and then get high and mighty when people disagree.

Agree to disagree and move on. You Knight haters..no. Knight disagreers are just as obnoxious. There's a reason why Dan doesn't post often in this thread.

Just saying.

Negativity.

Me not tizzying...no worries. :naughty:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I hope I dont come off as rude or anything. Not my intention. Just fustrated by a lot. Can't really converse the way you want to online.

Either way. Its all good.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I hope I dont come off as rude or anything. Not my intention. Just fustrated by a lot. Can't really converse the way you want to online.

Either way. Its all good.

All good M...I do have concerns with players in Providence, however, for me it's not Knight (like I said, many knights for the taking out there). For me, it's Spooner and Koko. Two very interesting and exciting prospects.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Just saying.

Negativity.
So all the negativity directed at Cassidy, Chia, the Bruins organization, and any ECHL player that dares to take minutes away from Knight is OK? It just gets tiresome hearing all this bashing. I think that's where most of the negativity towards Knight comes from. Negativity breeds negativity I guess...

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
All good M...I do have concerns with players in Providence, however, for me it's not Knight (like I said, many knights for the taking out there). For me, it's Spooner and Koko. Two very interesting and exciting prospects.

Fair enough. I wish Spooner would get a chance. But with Clode not liking him or willing to part with Soup...its not looking likely. His speed is needed. As for Koko, I just hope he's not traded for rental. Hes got the skills to be a very good playmaker.

Shoebottom. I'll agree to disagree. I'm spent. But its not about echlers taking Knights minutes. Its others like him not getting minutes that those players who won't make it in the NHL have. You draft these players high for a reason and you both the development? That's wrong.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Fair enough. I wish Spooner would get a chance. But with Clode not liking him or willing to part with Soup...its not looking likely. His speed is needed. As for Koko, I just hope he's not traded for rental. Hes got the skills to be a very good playmaker.

Shoebottom. I'll agree to disagree. I'm spent. But its not about echlers taking Knights minutes. Its others like him not getting minutes that those players who won't make it in the NHL have. You draft these players high for a reason and you both the development? That's wrong.

A question, what's not to say some of the echlers don't have a chance or NHL action or as much a chance as a Knight? Some I'm sure were at one time scouted or drafted by NHL teams.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Perhaps a few might. That Cherwichan(totally botching his name), has impressed me. But the odds of the rest are slim. Doesn't mean they can't help the Prov team though. I'm just saying is, you drafted Knight, Camara and Koko. All of them have been in Cassidys doghouse at one point or another. You drafted them for a reason. They should get every opportunity to showcase and develop over guys who were not drafted by the team. With all the injuries too, it should be even more incentive to give those guys proper ice time. But Cassidy won't do it. Can Cassidy develop dmen? Yes. That's what he's good at. But the forwards? Not so much. His time in Washington was a diaster. And he was an ahole to the players. If that didnt occur, I would give Cassidy the benefit of the doubt. But he's been doing this for three years. Caron has been giving countless times to showcase his stuff. Time for the others to get the same treatment. That's all I want. Otherwise why draft these players? Its like when Kelly got hurt and Clode who hates him refused to bring him up. You gotta see how these kids go. I can't be crazy if Sweeney and Clode really enjoy Knights game as well? Ya know? I just want our high draft picks to play meaningful minutes. Otherwise when they get traded, like most of our former guys, they end up succeeding. Coaches having grudges on players are alive and well. Look at Sobotka vs Clode. Its well documented. :laugh:

When I used to attend games, I was going to see our prospects. Not some rando from the echl or fresh out of college. Its strange how some of thesevguys walk on the team and get lots of minutes, top lines and plenty of opportunity to showcase what they have. Its time someone tells Cassidy to showcase our draft picks.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Perhaps a few might. That Cherwichan(totally botching his name), has impressed me. But the odds of the rest are slim. Doesn't mean they can't help the Prov team though. I'm just saying is, you drafted Knight, Camara and Koko. All of them have been in Cassidys doghouse at one point or another. You drafted them for a reason. They should get every opportunity to showcase and develop over guys who were not drafted by the team. With all the injuries too, it should be even more incentive to give those guys proper ice time. But Cassidy won't do it. Can Cassidy develop dmen? Yes. That's what he's good at. But the forwards? Not so much. His time in Washington was a diaster. And he was an ahole to the players. If that didnt occur, I would give Cassidy the benefit of the doubt. But he's been doing this for three years. Caron has been giving countless times to showcase his stuff. Time for the others to get the same treatment. That's all I want. Otherwise why draft these players? Its like when Kelly got hurt and Clode who hates him refused to bring him up. You gotta see how these kids go. I can't be crazy if Sweeney and Clode really enjoy Knights game as well? Ya know? I just want our high draft picks to play meaningful minutes. Otherwise when they get traded, like most of our former guys, they end up succeeding. Coaches having grudges on players are alive and well. Look at Sobotka vs Clode. Its well documented. :laugh:

When I used to attend games, I was going to see our prospects. Not some rando from the echl or fresh out of college. Its strange how some of thesevguys walk on the team and get lots of minutes, top lines and plenty of opportunity to showcase what they have. Its time someone tells Cassidy to showcase our draft picks.
I agree. The front office is just riding 2011. They have no clue it seems about developing their own draft pics. Wtf. They hire Gretzky, meh. Toronto dope that demolished the leafs. Then they get pandolpho. After that the get Sacco. These guys aren't winners.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Just saying.

Negativity.

Yeah, hoping the farm team doesn't make the playoffs because one or two players aren't getting icetime while the likes of Koko and Griffith and Ferlin and Lindblad are kicking ass is the positive reinforcement I come here for.

1-1 midway through 2 in Springfield by the way. Subban in net, Stuart with the goal and Spoons the assist.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yeah, hoping the farm team doesn't make the playoffs because one or two players aren't getting icetime while the likes of Koko and Griffith and Ferlin and Lindblad are kicking ass is the positive reinforcement I come here for.

1-1 midway through 2 in Springfield by the way. Subban in net, Stuart with the goal and Spoons the assist.

Never said I dont want them in the playoffs. But it'd be nice to see the players we drafted play then the likes of some others. Dont understand the point otherwise. Either play and develop the players you drafted or dump them and let another team develop them.

Btw if I'm watching the farm team in the playoffs I'd be paying for the bruins draftees, not the rando crew. Not enough B's draft picks playing to interest me.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Never said you were the one advocating it, but it's quizzical as to whom is pushing negativity here and implying people are so fed up they aren't posting (I think if you check the number of posts in this thread you'll find someone is more prolific than Zach Hamill was as a Bruin). Discussions of the prospects doing well go nowhere it seems, somehow it's always back to the same guy. Place got quiet when he was out for two months because there was no blame game to play.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Mark Divver's take on Jared Knight being a healthy scratch lately (via Twitter):

Doesn't have an identity. Not a scorer, a checker or a fighter. Hard to earn a place in lineup that way.

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/status/566642613768695809

Take it for what it's worth.

I won't pretend that I have had an opportunity to see him play but I have a hard time believing that Knight is being held back by a conspiracy. This Mark Divver follows Providence closely so I would put stock in his opinion. I have a really hard time believing that Knight is really a surefire NHLer being held down by a conspiracy of the Providence coaching staff. He has produced astonishingly little in the minors which isn't everything but it certainly is a factor and has apparantly not wowed in other areas. I would confidently bet$ that he never becomes an NHL regular.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The reason why this thread was dead for 2 months because people including myself didnt want to waste the time nor the energy to come in here and talk about the mishandling of several prospects. Yes. That includes Knight.

Essentially, whats the point anymore? I disagree with Divver. I disagree with several posters. No matter what I or anyone says, no one wants to believe it. You've got a great insider with Dan, who knows Knight, who knows certain insider information. And yet, after all that knowledge people still dont believe it. He doesn't post much on here anymore. There is no point.

When Jared Knight is an NHL regular, these posts will be moot. And I can't wait for that. And if you want more of our prospects to be mishandled, enjoy it by yourselves. If you agree and want to pay to watch echlers and random hockey players off the street? Go for it. But I refuse to accept the product and refuse to sit quietly while Cassidy ruins prospects. Its not just Knight people. But I'm done. Its not worth it anymore.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Just saying.

Negativity.

Spot on.

Give the ****ing kid an actual shot ffs

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So all the negativity directed at Cassidy, Chia, the Bruins organization, and any ECHL player that dares to take minutes away from Knight is OK? It just gets tiresome hearing all this bashing. I think that's where most of the negativity towards Knight comes from. Negativity breeds negativity I guess...

The bashing of management at least comes from a reasonable spot though- HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA PICK A GUY IN THE 30s AND LEGITIMATELY GIVE HIM NO TIME?! It's mind blowing

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

If your so happy with the ECHL guys, maybe they can help the Bruins get out of their slump. Bring them up. :shakehead They should probably not even draft anyone this summer, just fillin rosters with ECHL guys. What's the point, they don't develop any of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad