2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
what if the player isn't worth any type of asset. then whats the point in moving him? thats where i think they are at.

I am under the impression that there was interest in Knight previously and the B's didn't want to move him. Say that was the case and you come out of camp knowing that Knight is not in your plans. Do you:

A) Give him a regular shift (maybe even in the Top 6 and on the PP like what BUF is doing with Stewart) and increase his trade value as much as possible, then deal him for another prospect in need of a change of scenery.

B) Continue to play him on the 4th line 3-6 minutes a game (or better yet, scratch him) killing the players's confidence, and any chance you had of getting anything for him in a trade.

ps don't bother answering, it's rhetorical.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I am under the impression that there was interest in Knight previously and the B's didn't want to move him. Say that was the case and you come out of camp knowing that Knight is not in your plans. Do you:

A) Give him a regular shift (maybe even in the Top 6 and on the PP like what BUF is doing with Stewart) and increase his trade value as much as possible, then deal him for another prospect in need of a change of scenery.

B) Continue to play him on the 4th line 3-6 minutes a game (or better yet, scratch him) killing the players's confidence, and any chance you had of getting anything for him in a trade.

ps don't bother answering, it's rhetorical.

c. let his ice time reflect his ability. if he has no ability it doesn't matter how much time he plays or who he plays with. if he can't play he can't play and no one will want him. i answer because i havent been wrong. called knight an injury prone bust his first pro season and have been validated to this point. I wanted him to be good, i just didn't think he would be. I called pastrnak playing more than 10 games in boston as part of an agreement with him to get him to NA this year. correct, he played over 10 games and now barely sees the ice but his contract has started getting him a year closer to free agency. not too many people agreed with me on that one, thinking me a fool. yet, beethoven had his critics too, see if you can name 3 of em.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
c. let his ice time reflect his ability. if he has no ability it doesn't matter how much time he plays or who he plays with. if he can't play he can't play and no one will want him. i answer because i havent been wrong. called knight an injury prone bust his first pro season and have been validated to this point. I wanted him to be good, i just didn't think he would be. I called pastrnak playing more than 10 games in boston as part of an agreement with him to get him to NA this year. correct, he played over 10 games and now barely sees the ice but his contract has started getting him a year closer to free agency. not too many people agreed with me on that one, thinking me a fool. yet, beethoven had his critics too, see if you can name 3 of em.
Von Weber was one. Don't recall the others; probably French.

Agree on Knight. He can't prove anything to anyone if he doesn't get a chance.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

We know you're awesome. We know you know more than anyone here. But do you believe in yourself....I think maybe you don't.

I am saying Cassidy is a jackwagon and the Bruins front office knows it. I am willing to put my HF membership here.

You should go on dancing with the stars. You are bobbing and weaving but no balls.

Put it out there- you may win.

You may be right.

I say Cassidy wont be back. Maybe he will. You win.

Don't worry I will still think you are awesome and all knowing and have forgotten more hockey than I will ever know.

But lets get jiggy.

Cassidy stays you win, Cassidy goes I do.

I'll even give you that if Cassidy becomes a head coach you still win. An added bonus.

lets do it!!!!!!

and this is open to others as well- lets have a party. Hop on and put me and my know-it-all-attitude out of here. Kill of DKH......all you Knight haters I been reading this is your chance to get rid of me once and for all. I was a mod once, I know there were complaints about me so all you guys and gals that can stand my ass, jump on board....here is your chance. Cassidy has the 2 year extension so it looks good he will be back so jump on this bet!!!!!!!

no more Sobotka, no more Knight, no more whoever is next

:nod:

and btw- you called Knight a bust and injury prone first season- what an amazing bright guy you are. How may mirrors you got in your house. You need to get that resume updated you are so bright. Love it. At least when I get my * I can still read all you brilliant observations.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
We know you're awesome. We know you know more than anyone here. But do you believe in yourself....I think maybe you don't.

I am saying Cassidy is a jackwagon and the Bruins front office knows it. I am willing to put my HF membership here.

You should go on dancing with the stars. You are bobbing and weaving but no balls.

Put it out there- you may win.

You may be right.

I say Cassidy wont be back. Maybe he will. You win.

Don't worry I will still think you are awesome and all knowing and have forgotten more hockey than I will ever know.

But lets get jiggy.

Cassidy stays you win, Cassidy goes I do.

I'll even give you that if Cassidy becomes a head coach you still win. An added bonus.

lets do it!!!!!!

and this is open to others as well- lets have a party. Hop on and put me and my know-it-all-attitude out of here. Kill of DKH......all you Knight haters I been reading this is your chance to get rid of me once and for all. I was a mod once, I know there were complaints about me so all you guys and gals that can stand my ass, jump on board....here is your chance. Cassidy has the 2 year extension so it looks good he will be back so jump on this bet!!!!!!!

no more Sobotka, no more Knight, no more whoever is next

:nod:

and btw- you called Knight a bust and injury prone first season- what an amazing bright guy you are. How may mirrors you got in your house. You need to get that resume updated you are so bright. Love it. At least when I get my * I can still read all you brilliant observations.

i don't complain about any one, i don't block anyone. i value everyones opinion, even those that directly oppose mine. I challenge those who have opinions that oppose mine as anyone would. I think cassidy by and large has done a good job with the providence bruins. I think he's a great fit for the style the boston bruins like to play. He is a strong defensive coach who has helped to develop some big contributors on the bruins back end. krug and miller are both top 6 guys who came up through providence. joe morrow has really started to come into his own after bouncing around a little bit at the start of his career. trotman has logged NHL minutes as a former mr. irrelevant pick already exceeding his draft selection. cassidy has done a good job. I think he will either be back in providence or working in the NHL as an assistant or head coach next year. He will not be fired by the bruins front office. khoklachev has been very sucessful in the AHL. Pastrnak was sent down to work on some things before his permanent call up and under cassidys watch he was able to do what the bruins wanted. not every player will develop as we expect them too when they are drafted. some will exceed, some will falter. so knight has faltered, camara has faltered. Its not unprecedented for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to bust. I am of the mind that one of the major reasons they changed their director of amateur scouting was because the guy they had before wasn't doing a good enough job identifying talent. Missed selections were blamed on evaluation before the draft, not developing the talent after it. thats cassidys ace in the hole for this whole discussion.

"He's not developing bruins talent that was drafted high! He sucks! He is the bane of my existence!"

"well the bruins did fire the guy who selected those players high so obviously the fact they didn't develop wasn't because they weren't coached correctly, its that they shouldn't have been drafted high in the first place"

that is the bruins stance.

it happens far more often then not. the bruins have let a couple guys go that turned into NHLers. so does every team. Theyve let more go that didnt. im not saying they should just release everyone who doesn't work out. hope isn't completely extinguished on these young guys, so it would be foolish to let them go for nothing when they don't have too.

for what its worth, no idea what an asterisk means.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not sure how many times I can say it. Doesn't matter who the specific prospects are. If a team is going to draft kids in the 2nd or 3rd round, they need to at least be given a chance before declaring them busts. I understand that every team makes mistakes with their evaluations, it happens. The B's took Hamill, and I knew from the first time I saw him play, he would never be what the B's thought/hoped he would, but at least they gave him a shot. He played top minutes in PRO for 3 or 4 years before the B's finally gave up on him. It's unforgivable IMO though to take a player (especially if you take them 32nd overall) and not even give them a chance to show what they can do...ever.

You are such an expert on Knight, please tell me when he EVER got a chance to play in the Top 6 or on the PP in PRO. Things that he did regularly in Juniors.

Hint: the answer is that he didn't.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I was Chiarelli I would give Cassidy a card board box and 5 minutes to clean out.

If I was coach and there is no doubt based on my success coaching and maximizing kids skills I would turn Knight, Spooner, and Morrow around.

I'd stop playing favorites and talking behind players backs.

I heard stories of Cassidy in Washington and its obvious why he never got even an NHL assistant coaching job.

I'd be willing to coach Providence for $250,000 a year with a guarantee I take over for Claude when he goes.

Joe, I'm keeping Dean but you can be the assistant coach for forwards.

Just promise me you won't cry like a baby when things go wrong.

We also are going to play Camara. I like him and he needs to be treated well and given a chance

I want a back stabbing free team

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If I was Chiarelli I would give Cassidy a card board box and 5 minutes to clean out.

If I was coach and there is no doubt based on my success coaching and maximizing kids skills I would turn Knight, Spooner, and Morrow around.

I heard stories of Cassidy in Washington and its obvious why he never got even an NHL assistant coaching job.

I'd be willing to coach Providence for $250,000 a year with a guarantee I take over for Claude when he goes.

We also are going to play Camara. I like him and he needs to be treated well and given a chance

It's never a good thing when the perceived problem is the dressing room is the coach. The fact that he remains employed by the bruins is such a head scratcher to me.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Only if you make me cut Cherniwchan, that kid is gold and I want him playing Top 6 minutes ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's never a good thing when the perceived problem is the dressing room is the coach. The fact that he remains employed by the bruins is such a head scratcher to me.

My youngest daughter has been going to 30 or so Bruins games since she has been 7. She also has gone to Lowell, Providence, and Manchester quite a bit. She plays pick up hockey on ponds and goes public skating....she subscribes to Hockey News. She can tell you who Levi Nelson played for in Junior Hockey. She follows the game.

She played on multiple conference, division, and state champion teams and was Captain of her high school team.

She likes the London Knights because she liked Bo Horvat and Max Domi. We been up there and she has Bo's jersey. She went to the Draft and saw them drafted, and she even hung with the Horvat's at the draft.

so I decided maybe I am a bit to hard on Cassidy so I decided to go to an impartial person to see if I was overreacting.

So, I asked her yesterday after my latest rant about Camara and Knight if I was off base.

No.

I asked her how many times she saw Knight play in Providence.

probably 20-25

Q-How many times you seen him play on one of the top two lines?
A- zero

Q-How many times you seen him kill a penalty?
A- zero

Q-How many times you seen him on the power play?
A-zero

Q-How many times you seen him on the shoot out?
A-zero

Do you agree with me that Cassidy is an ass hole"
A-yes

who am I to argue with a teenage girl

case closed:nod:

there is a reason he was the one head coach fired who could not even get an assistant coaching job in the NHL

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
My youngest daughter has been going to 30 or so Bruins games since she has been 7. She also has gone to Lowell, Providence, and Manchester quite a bit. She plays pick up hockey on ponds and goes public skating....she subscribes to Hockey News. She can tell you who Levi Nelson played for in Junior Hockey. She follows the game.

She played on multiple conference, division, and state champion teams and was Captain of her high school team.

She likes the London Knights because she liked Bo Horvat and Max Domi. We been up there and she has Bo's jersey. She went to the Draft and saw them drafted, and she even hung with the Horvat's at the draft.

so I decided maybe I am a bit to hard on Cassidy so I decided to go to an impartial person to see if I was overreacting.

So, I asked her yesterday after my latest rant about Camara and Knight if I was off base.

No.

probably 20-25

A- zero

A- zero

A-zero

A-zero

A-yes

there is a reason he was the one head coach fired who could not even get an assistant coaching job in the NHL

That's what I just can't wrap my head around. Knight and camara were both high draft picks that scream "Bruins type player" for what that's worth. Obviously scouts some real potential in them so chia drafted them early. Camara even being a reach pick in the 3rd. Why draft these guys so high and allow your development coach which is what Cassidy is suppose to be, sit them or waste their time on the 4th line when they are in the lineup. There is an obvious break somewhere and it needs to be fixed and quickly. If Cassidy doesn't like knight personally that's ****ing great for him but allowing that to determine his decision with the lineup and playing time is really unacceptable. I pray his gone sooner than later and that the next coach can instill confidence back into those two and quickly to get them back on track

I should add you are wise to simply never argue with a teenage girl lol. I hope my little guy has as much appreciation for hockey as your daughter. Or the little man that were waiting on now.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011

No.

probably 20-25

A- zero

A- zero

A-zero

A-zero

A-yes

This is fun and entertaining. I don't know squat about Cassidy, but it sure sounds like he is a piece of work.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Didn't they just extend him? Funny way to show their distaste for the guy.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
There is a reason why he is a head coach in the AHL. On his 2nd contrat whit Providence.

A few Lunatic Fringe are calling for Cassidy's head for years now.

Knight his unable to play up to par wen he has the opportunity, Several fans have commented on it.

This is no surprise to most of us since before Knight even start his AHL career, The ones ( Top poster Bill Ladd ) in the know had him at best bottom 6 in the AHL.

To me Knight is an interesting story... Wish i could be wrong... But at 23 an injury prone... If Knight would be a car we would refer to him as a Lemon.

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
There is a reason why he is a head coach in the AHL. On his 2nd contrat whit Providence.

Knight his unable to play up to par wen he has the opportunity, Several fans have commented on it.

This is no surprise to most of us since before Knight even start his AHL career, The ones ( Top poster Bill Ladd ) in the know had him at best bottom 6.

To me Knight is an interesting story... Wish i could be wrong... But at 23 an injury prone... If Knight would be a car we would refer to him as a Lemon.

If you can turn a 2nd round pick into an nhl'er that's a success in and of itself. I would be more than happy if Knight turned into a 3rd or 4th liner that can contribute. He'd be another cheap entry level contract to help with our cap issues. Just because he may project into a bottom six player it doesn't mean you stop trying to develop him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

This is no surprise to most of us since before Knight even start his AHL career, The ones ( Top poster Bill Ladd ) in the know had him at best bottom 6 in the AHL.

When has he had the opportunity, and who commented on it?

Last year, playing a regular shift on the 3rd line, he had 12 pts in the 1st 15 games I believe...before inexplicably getting his TOI cut and demoted to the 4th line.

Please explain that to me logically.

Bill Ladd, as far as I remember, had Knight on the 3rd line because of the depth in PRO, not because he was a lemon, or sucked.

For the thousandth time, this isn't just about Knight, it's about a philosophy/approach to development. You don't draft ANYBODY 32nd overall and never even give them a chance at Top 6 minutes or special teams, while giving that opportunity to street FA's and PTO's who have ZERO ties to the franchise.

Makes no sense.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Update - Camara new whipping boy. Knight no longer holding down bottom spot.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With Knight situation coming to a head in the next 3 weeks I will be shifting my attention to Anthony Camera. I will be going all in on Camara shoddy treatment sooner rather than later.

Just a FYI who want to start getting ready to tell me how Camara sucks and how awe-sum and suh-mart you are. Love the poster self love makes me at least know I have something in common with you guys even if it's not hockey related.:handclap:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
With Knight situation coming to a head in the next 3 weeks I will be shifting my attention to Anthony Camera. I will be going all in on Camara shoddy treatment sooner rather than later.

Just a FYI who want to start getting ready to tell me how Camara sucks and how awe-sum and suh-mart you are. Love the poster self love makes me at least know I have something in common with you guys even if it's not hockey related.:handclap:

What's going on?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
D'oh.

(I hope that he isn't traded.)

I think with the way this whole situation has been handled, Knight has little to no trade value at this point. Unless the situation drastically changes, teams that may want to take a chance on a former 32nd pick are going to wait and hope the B's don't offer him a contract.

If I am the B's, I give as much playing time as possible to players like Knight, Randell, Camara, etc., and find out exactly what you have there before making any other moves with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad