Speculation: 2014-15 Off-Season Talk - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
EE confirmed no broadcasting for pre-season. The lack of coverage is fairly upsetting. How did we end up in this group with Fl, Nash, Bos ?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
EE confirmed no broadcasting for pre-season. The lack of coverage is fairly upsetting. How did we end up in this group with Fl, Nash, Bos ?

I would think at least Boston would have pre-season games broadcasted.

As to the groupings, I wonder if it's something arranged by the GMs themselves? If I remember right, Yzerman's pretty tight with both Chiarelli and Poile.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I wonder if I can stream it from my Xbox live account? My computer graphic's card is taking a dump, so any video unless downloaded is laggy as hell.

Anyone got a stream website I can type into my window's browser on my xbox? :laugh:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I wonder if I can stream it from my Xbox live account? My computer graphic's card is taking a dump, so any video unless downloaded is laggy as hell.

Anyone got a stream website I can type into my window's browser on my xbox? :laugh:

There's one called Hockeyreality, but I can't remember if that's the best one.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/TBLightning
Hey look, a t-shirt with @BriBrows22's name on it. You should buy it from our team store. Go ahead. We'll wait.
Bx6_6d1IEAApaXc.jpg:large

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Here is the list of who is left

FWD
Boyle
Brown
Cally
Connolly
Drouin
Filppula
Johnson
Killorn
Kucherov
Maclise
Marchessault
Morrow
Namestnikov
Palat
Panik
Paquette
Stamkos

D
Barberio
Brewer
Carle
Garrison
Gudas
Hedman
Stralman
Sustr
Witkowski

G
Bishop
Nabby
York

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Thanks, 5 of those will be sent down/away.

Here is the list of who is left

FWD
Boyle
Brown
Cally
Connolly
Drouin
Filppula
Johnson
Killorn
Kucherov
Maclise
Marchessault
Morrow
Namestnikov
Palat
Panik
Paquette
Stamkos

D
Barberio
Brewer
Carle
Garrison
Gudas
Hedman
Stralman
Sustr
Witkowski

G
Bishop
Nabby
York

I think York is one, on D I think Witkowski (because while he’s done a great job some more experience won’t hurt him) and I don’t know how it looks but one of Barberio and Sustr will be sent down and I think the other one might either be 7th d or split time with Gudas. On forward it’s a bit harder but I think Maclise, Marchessault and Namestnikov will be sent down, again they have done a great job but we just don’t have the room right now besides I think having more than 3 rookies (Drouin, Connolly and Kucherov) will be too much with the amount of sophomore players we’ll also see.

So it might look like this in the end:

FWD
Boyle
Brown
Cally
Connolly
Drouin
Filppula
Johnson
Killorn
Kucherov
Morrow
Palat
Panik
Paquette
Stamkos

D
Brewer
Carle
Garrison
Gudas
Hedman
Stralman
Barberio/Sustr

G
Bishop
Nabby

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Barberio needs some serious work
He should go back to the AHL as the first callup for an injury. Role 7D most games, bench Sustr/Gudas when only 6D.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Maclise, Marchessault, Witkowski and York for sure go down. The last forward spot is between Namestnikov and Paquette until Drouin comes back. It depends on if Cooper wants to keep the Namestnikov-Kucherov pair together or go with a player he trusts in Paquette.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The AHL players we kept are kind of interesting because it means they'll miss out on the trip to France. I assume that means they're still under consideration to steal a spot, or at least get a game or two in if there are injuries, or for Drouin.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A few notes from the scrimmage/practices. I only saw one of the blue vs white matches (the one where blue won 2-1) and I'm impressed with the fact that DeAngelo gets on the ice for the first time and J.T Brown actually scores a goal. After pinching in and dashing towards the net he made a nifty little behind the back pass to Tanner Richard and made a nice little cross crease pass to Brown. Loved it.

The other goal (I don't remember who scored it) Barberio was a day late and a dollar short in front of the crease and blew his assignment. I sat there watching and said "Who's protecting the net? Someone get there, get there!" about 2 1/2 seconds later while Koekkeok is handling his guy the guy in front of the crease bangs one in on Nabokov. I know I'm reading a lot into little fan fest scrimmages but that is very telling to me.

Nabokov poking the players who got too close with his stick was great. Morrow and Boyle seemed to get a good laugh out of it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Barberio needs some serious work
He should go back to the AHL as the first callup for an injury. Role 7D most games, bench Sustr/Gudas when only 6D.

Dude seriously? You saw it too? I was thinking I was nuts for thinking that because during blue vs white practices I'm thinking "God this kid is br00tal. They just need to make him a forward so we can get use of him."

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I'm starting to agree with the ones who are saying Barbs needs to be sent down. He was a dumpster fire last year and this year he hasn't shown us that he's improved any.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What's Barberio have to gain in the AHL though? He's 24 years old and has won the Eddie Shore so not sure it's going to help him any. He needs NHL minutes to see if he's cut out for the league or not. He can dominate lesser talent but when the talent improves he's struggled so far, we need to just give him a run of games and make a decision one way or another. The Crunch could use him but we have younger players we need a look at and who need to play so would rather trade him then demote him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln