Speculation: 2014-15 Off-Season Talk - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Erne still has things he can improve on in the Q, Drouin does not. From a numbers game Erne would be the easiest to cut since no one expects him to make the team this year.

I disagree, they both have things they can work on. Offensively Drouin needs no work but there's plenty of other areas of his game that can use some polishing. Erne is actually a more complete player, more physically mature and would be easier to slot in the lineup. Drouin is just too naturally gifted to not have in the NHL but Erne could be there too. I agree Erne cuts sent more likely just because we have player's like Brown and Panik who can bring a similar package while we have nobody else with Drouins offensive talents.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I highly doubt Connolly will struggle out the gate. If anything I think Coop might pair him with Johnson and Stamkos. There's 100 things we can do and I'm sure they're going to give Connolly as many chances as possible.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If Bretty Connolly struggles early on, does anyone think he'll get thrown onto Stamkos' line to pump his tires for a trade?
Idk because our depth is so good that if he's given a top 9 spot he should be good players anyway even if he's not next to Stammer.

I disagree, they both have things they can work on. Offensively Drouin needs no work but there's plenty of other areas of his game that can use some polishing. Erne is actually a more complete player, more physically mature and would be easier to slot in the lineup. Drouin is just too naturally gifted to not have in the NHL but Erne could be there too. I agree Erne cuts sent more likely just because we have player's like Brown and Panik who can bring a similar package while we have nobody else with Drouins offensive talents.
With Erne and Drouin I think it comes down to contracts and draft status. Drouin will make it because he's the 3rd overall pick and he's picked up the tag this year as being the top drafted prospect in the world. He'll make the team I think even if he's unspectacular. I don't think they want to just hand him a spot or will, but I think they've weighed the pros and cons and see it better for him to start his pro career now over going back to Halifax. With Erne, he's still eligible to go back to Quebec so he'll go there, no matter how good he plays, so he can't push a player like Connolly or Panik off the team this October.

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
The only way I see Erne sticking with the team is if Panik or Connolly are traded before the start of the season. I can see Panik being moved in all honesty.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Idk because our depth is so good that if he's given a top 9 spot he should be good players anyway even if he's not next to Stammer.

With Erne and Drouin I think it comes down to contracts and draft status. Drouin will make it because he's the 3rd overall pick and he's picked up the tag this year as being the top drafted prospect in the world. He'll make the team I think even if he's unspectacular. I don't think they want to just hand him a spot or will, but I think they've weighed the pros and cons and see it better for him to start his pro career now over going back to Halifax. With Erne, he's still eligible to go back to Quebec so he'll go there, no matter how good he plays, so he can't push a player like Connolly or Panik off the team this October.

The only real roster spot up for grabs, at forward, is Kucherov's. So Paquette, Namestnikov, and even Erne are probably in direct competition with him at camp. If Kucherov can't make the top six, I could see them sending him to the AHL to play 20 per night. Odds are he'll stick with Tampa Bay though. But I don't think we want to be in a situation where he's a healthy scratch again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the beginning of the season will start with a Palat - Stamkos - Callahan line , then as the season goes on we will likely see a Drouin - Stamkos - Johnson line. With a 2nd line of Palat - flip - Callahan

The whole point is to keep Callahan and Palat together, IMO, those guys have excellent chemistry.

Can't see how we can put both Drouin and Johnson on the wing. One of them will have to center the third line. I think Johnson will end up there at some time this year, which will give us pretty incredible depth down the middle.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Can't see how we can put both Drouin and Johnson on the wing. One of them will have to center the third line. I think Johnson will end up there at some time this year, which will give us pretty incredible depth down the middle.

I'd really love to see how Drouin works as a center in the big league.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I'm going to make a prediction now. Not only does Kucherov make the team, but he will have a breakout year and give us a real big scoring punch. Possible superstar in the making.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm going to make a prediction now. Not only does Kucherov make the team, but he will have a breakout year and give us a real big scoring punch. Possible superstar in the making.

Robert I didn't know you changed your name.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

Nah, I'm not Robert. I'm high on the kid though. He hasn't really seen quality minutes with top 6 line-mates, and the limited time he does get it he constantly creates things. Does he have things to work on? Sure, but if given significant time with the likes of a Johnson, Palat, Drouin (Huge likely hood there to start the season.) You probably going to see his numbers sky rocket, because he will finally have someone on the same line as him that can keep up with him mentally. Him and Drouin could possibly be magic waiting to happen. Its a hunch, one I'm not backing down on.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

I look at him as a real friend from a different mother:)

As a side note this is the guy who went onto youtube a couple years ago and stated goalies we would target and trade for and draft etc.. way before any of these guys were talked about. Funny thing is all his predictions came out true:)

He knows hockey or has a gift to be honest!!

As a side note anyone in tampa clearwater areas have a spare room or anything let me know in process of moving being homeless maybe for a bit health got bad for a few weeks why wasnt on. Now picking up the pieces paid too much out and over half of what had fallen behind and rent/landlord still filed :(

now am broke looking for somewhere to go a few weeks till get business moving again and get on feet.

Also seen jobs on tampa bay's boards concession and workers to set up arena etc.. going to go after a job there tuesday even though have partnership and own business I do selling computer stuff and chips and devices since being part of the lightning would be a dream come true:)

Letting people know of the jobs out there maybe others are interested too!!

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
It seem as if everyone have arrived in Tampa now but some were away playing golf (better to do it now than later, j/s) but most were on the ice today.

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith

Lighter crowd at today's #tblightning informal skate with several veterans playing in Phil Esposito charity golf tourney.

Mark Barberio and Matt Carle also out here for #tblightning

The Beard is also back, with defenseman Radko Gudas here at #tblightning informal skate pic.twitter.com/B8H5o1xNNi

Calder Trophy finalist @Opalat18 here for #tblightning informal skate at Amalie Arena. So is Richard Panik. Most of the team has reported

https://twitter.com/BBurnsNHL

#TBLightning goalie Ben Bishop making a glove save during today's informal skate at Amalie Arena. #IsItOctoberYet pic.twitter.com/gea3fipIAH

o79hcj.jpg

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
[nhl]630600[/nhl]

http://video.lightning.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=630600&lang=en

“Yeah, I mean, obviously there are predictions that are made my analysts and what not but all we can do is you know, and I know it’s so cliché, we’re saying it all the time, but it’s one day at the time and it starts today even before the training camp starts to take one step at the time and build together as a team”

That’s how you have to look at it, glad to hear that the team does as well.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Hope things start looking up for you man. Keep your head up

God is with me will all work out how it should. If anyone does know of spare work anything get in touch always looking to work on weekends at like venues set up things etc.. have done a lot of that arena type or flea market fairs etc.. Anything to make extra money:)

One more preseason game tomorrow right?

When is fan fest ??? I know that is free and have to pay for the parking and is this weekend right? What are times any help is appreciated trying to get there!!:help::handclap:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
God is with me will all work out how it should. If anyone does know of spare work anything get in touch always looking to work on weekends at like venues set up things etc.. have done a lot of that arena type or flea market fairs etc.. Anything to make extra money:)

One more preseason game tomorrow right?

When is fan fest ??? I know that is free and have to pay for the parking and is this weekend right? What are times any help is appreciated trying to get there!!:help::handclap:

I also hope that everything works out for the best for you.

Fan Fest is on sep 27.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I also hope that everything works out for the best for you.

Fan Fest is on sep 27.

TY I thought was this weekend the weekend after is actually better:) If anyone has a schedule of what it entails let me know will look on lightning.com when have the time going to be a busy few days getting situated where am right now:)

Things so far are good see how it goes. Have a long road ahead but am happier and found some good old people have dealt with in past who seem willing to help me get back to where I need to be !!

EDIT::::: http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730004 fan fest from lightning page:)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
During today's informal skate.

Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith

Wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Callahan, the former #rangers captain, wears an "A" for #tblightning this season

I don't think anyone here would be either but it's nice when someone who get to see the team during those out-of-public-eyes moments see it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00