Speculation: 2014-15 Off-Season Talk - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
For the 15th season in a row I plan to be at all the games, but work and life usually mean I miss a few every season.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
financially am not in place where need to be so as always anyone who has tickets who cannot go to a game this season let me know I would love to make it to some games:)

Hopefully the financial fixes itself soon and can get some tickets myself like usual lol.

I always have some facebook friends offer games a few times a year only reason saying that and have a friend as die hard as me who will go to any games as long as I can go and am not stuck working etc..

Would only go to games though if had two tickets dont really like going alone like having friend with me. Or friends lol

Basically same reason for all the games I come on here and talk to all the guys who are watching the game as I am at home!! Like the banter discussion etc..

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well if anyone wants to meet up for a drink, let me know. First round on me.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Just bought tickets for the 10/11 game against Ottawa on SH. Had the ten game weekend plan for past 4 years but wife wants to buy a new house so we passed on season tickets this year. Gotta compromise sometimes.

For those who want to go to a preseason game, tickets are very cheap on StubHub. Plenty of seats available for 9/23 against Nashville, 9/26 against Dallas, and 10/4 against Florida, priced starting less than $6/seat.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just bought tickets for the 10/11 game against Ottawa on SH. Had the ten game weekend plan for past 4 years but wife wants to buy a new house so we passed on season tickets this year. Gotta compromise sometimes.

For those who want to go to a preseason game, tickets are very cheap on StubHub. Plenty of seats available for 9/23 against Nashville, 9/26 against Dallas, and 10/4 against Florida, priced starting less than $6/seat.

Yeah, I got the home opener, and the 10/11 game, got center ice about 10 rows back paid 105.00 and 87.00 per ticket through ticketmaster, very good pricing, imo. MSG/Rangers would be like 600.00 and 400.00 for similar seats.

I thought about a 10 game package but I won't get down to Florida that often to use them all. So would not make any sense for me.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Since it's only a preview:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730762&navid=DL|TBL|home

Did you know that Steven Stamkos wants to be killed in a horror movie? No, seriously. That's what's included in the cover article on Stamkos in NHL preview edition of The Hockey News that is out now.

Also, Stamkos skates in a specific pattern before each game and chews on a few sticks of gum. Unlike coach Jon Cooper, Stamkos actually spits out the gum before the game starts.

Here's a picture of the cover

2ln7pkm.jpg

The magazine predicts the Bolts to finish second in the atlantic division behind the Boston Bruins.

Stamkos is also predicted to win the Maurice Richard Trophy for scoring the most goals in the league and to finish as runner-up behind Sidney Crosby for the Art Ross and Hart trophies.

The Hockey News staff also predicts Jonathan Drouin to win the Calder Trophy for best rookie a year after Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat finished as finalists for the award.

And the magazine also predicts the Lightning to play in the Stanley Cup Final vs. the Blackhawks.

They couldn’t have waited until the season starts at least.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
So ready for the season to start. Got my tickets for the opener in section 307. Figured I might as well sit with the Sticks of Fire on opening night, just to get the season started properly haha.

On a side note, I was listening through some old albums and I came across a portion of a song that I think would make a hype as hell goal scoring song for us. I'll link it and see what people here think.

http://youtu.be/TB7_9o11mgQ

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well I would say ZERO BUT BUT BUT you hear names things like johanson and others out there and I think if they continue to get really ugly stevie might stick his head out and fleece someone lol:)

I doubt we can fleece anyone on 12 million for 2 years :laugh:. Unless they're willing to take Carle+ back the other way

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I doubt we can fleece anyone on 12 million for 2 years :laugh:. Unless they're willing to take Carle+ back the other way

The other question would be where we would put him, unless 3C is an option if they move T. Johnson to the top-6 but I still think that having him as the 3C would be a lot better.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Palat and Johnson in white. Panik/Barberio/Connolly in blue.

Thank you, some players are really easy to see based on body type (like Boyle and Hedman with their size) and some others with something external that they do (like Callahan with the way he wear his skates) but I’myet not used to seeing most players but hopefully I will soon.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The other question would be where we would put him, unless 3C is an option if they move T. Johnson to the top-6 but I still think that having him as the 3C would be a lot better.

Can't pay $6m for a 3C. Johansen isn't realistic for us, IMO, even without our cap issues. We have a log jam down the middle. Johnson, in my mind, is about as perfect as it gets for a 3C, and he's a guy you can plug into the top-six when needed.

I also wouldn't want to deal with Johansen's agent. That guy sounds like a breeder of ill will. Every time John Davidson goes on a radio show, it sounds like he's lost a little bit more of his mind over this.

We gave Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat $3.3m, and they've been proving it at lower levels for a few years now. Johansen wants almost double that after one big (and it was big) season. But this is a guy who was a healthy scratch in the AHL the previous year. It's kind of insane.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Can't pay $6m for a 3C. Johansen isn't realistic for us, IMO, even without our cap issues. We have a log jam down the middle. Johnson, in my mind, is about as perfect as it gets for a 3C, and he's a guy you can plug into the top-six when needed.

I also wouldn't want to deal with Johansen's agent. That guy sounds like a breeder of ill will. Every time John Davidson goes on a radio show, it sounds like he's lost a little bit more of his mind over this.

We gave Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat $3.3m, and they've been proving it at lower levels for a few years now. Johansen wants almost double that after one big (and it was big) season. But this is a guy who was a healthy scratch in the AHL the previous year. It's kind of insane.

Yep, and that’s why I just loved what SFY did during the summer. By that I mean that he pretty much had a list of what kinds of players he felt the team needed and went for that instead of just looking at every big name that we wouldn’t have the room for (or could afford) anyway no matter how good they are.

Right now we have a fanstaic center depth with Stamkos, Filppula, Johnson and Boyle + a few other players that can step in as centers if needed (Killorn, though not a first choice and some youngerst like Paquette who have played in the NHL + Point, Darcy, Richard, Namestnikov and a few others who could potentlly step in as a 4th line C if anything would happen which we hope it won’t but if).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I spelled his name wrong:) Just making a point. If stevie sees a steal? Anything can happen.

I love having all the centers erne and drouin also lol makes us soo flexible is interesting.

Johansen was just one name of a mess and am sure we will hear of others this season before its all said and done and I wouldnt be surprised to see stevie pull the trigger on something more this year if is a major upgrade to what he thinks we have now.

I also think we are primarily done for now yet we saw how fast he makes moves that makes sense.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

One great season is nice, but you can't throw out that kind of money and term because of one good season. SFY has signed guys based on multiple consistent seasons. Look at Johansen's numbers prior to last season. Not great.

Also, to add any more centers we will have one line of all centers. lol. Which would be funny anytime someone gets chased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland