Speculation: 2014-15 Off-Season Talk - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I was looking at the Oilers Board and i'm not seeing much on Purcell. Where are you guys seeing stuff.Thanks

The only thing I read by one Oiler Poster was after their last game and the guy said "Teddy Purcell is definitely an Oiler and not in a good way".

What I'm talking about is what they were saying after the trade. I anticipate a whole lot of disappointment the first time Teddy actually swerves to avoid a check.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Some of you like Morrow way too much, you'll realize that hes more locker room than on ice soon enough. Not a lot there.

Haven't been seeing a whole lot of Morrow enthusiasm. Still, he's a warm body, halfway decent 4th line fill in, and a good locker room presence can't hurt.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Some of you like Morrow way too much, you'll realize that hes more locker room than on ice soon enough. Not a lot there.

Haven't seen Morrow on any projected lines other than sitting press box or 4th line. If that is liking Morrow way too much...well...um...yeah.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Players who must clear waivers need to be on the wire by Monday noon so expect cuts to be made until then:
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
#tblightning @CoopersLaw said coaches have some really tough decisions, but are excited they know they've got some strong call-up options

Bryan Burns ‏@BBurnsNHL
Cooper said Monday would be the earliest day #TBLightning make cuts to get roster to 23 players.

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Cooper said the earliest final roster decisions will be made is Monday, and those who must clear waivers need to be on wire by Monday @ noon

Cooper on our goaltending:
Bryan Burns ‏@BBurnsNHL 8h8 hours ago
Cooper said Bishop had a strong game against Florida: "It's really nice to see both our goalies playing well heading into the season."

Cooper on Kucherov:
Bryan Burns ‏@BBurnsNHL 8h8 hours ago
Cooper said that Kucherov is night-and-day better defensively when compared to last season. #TBLightning

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So with the home opener among us, is this thread still an off-season thread? lol.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/tough-lightning-roster-decisions-looming/2200803

write up by smith today pretty much nothing new that hasnt been shared yet

http://tbo.com/yzermans-vision-of-bolts-coming-into-focus-20141005/

to me a great read by EE for stevie and his plan etc..

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=733175

cooper a favorite for jack adams

Retweeted Joe Smith (@TBTimes_JSmith):
‪#‎tblightning‬ Cooper said they will alternate assistant captains this season. Won't be settled by opening night. Lot of leadership in room

Last edited:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I'm bewildered by Rschmitz saying Flip and TJ might be expendable bc of minor leaguers

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm bewildered by Rschmitz saying Flip and TJ might be expendable bc of minor leaguers

If Namestnikov can perform in the regular season like he has so far this preseason I could see one being expendable. He has higher upside then either so would suck holding him back too long.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
If Namestnikov can perform in the regular season like he has so far this preseason I could see one being expendable. He has higher upside then either so would suck holding him back too long.

I don't see Vladdy pushing TJ or Flip out of the lineup anytime soon. We finally have depth throughout the entire roster, why would you want to purge it?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't see Vladdy pushing TJ or Flip out of the lineup anytime soon. We finally have depth throughout the entire roster, why would you want to purge it?

If the chemistry between him and Kucherov continues like this preseason then they need to be playing more then 3rd line minutes. Stamkos is set at 1C, can't see Johnson staying at RW all year so he'll most likely drop to 3C. Filppula can play wing but with Palat and Drouin as possible top 2 LW'S we get a logjam. A 3rd line of Filppula-Johnson-Connolly would be awesome but is pretty expensive then Killorn is your 4th line LW making 2.5. I don't expect Namestnikov to keep this form up all season so will be only a 3C but if he improves like expected he should be our 2C next year when we'd have to decide if we want to pay Filppula 5mil as a 3rd liner.

I like having this much depth but in a salary cap world you can't be paying big money to bottom 6 player's. Killorn would be my first move because Erne will replace him next year and probably Drouin does this year. Filppula is just going to become a victim of a cap crunch soon.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If the chemistry between him and Kucherov continues like this preseason then they need to be playing more then 3rd line minutes. Stamkos is set at 1C, can't see Johnson staying at RW all year so he'll most likely drop to 3C. Filppula can play wing but with Palat and Drouin as possible top 2 LW'S we get a logjam. A 3rd line of Filppula-Johnson-Connolly would be awesome but is pretty expensive then Killorn is your 4th line LW making 2.5. I don't expect Namestnikov to keep this form up all season so will be only a 3C but if he improves like expected he should be our 2C next year when we'd have to decide if we want to pay Filppula 5mil as a 3rd liner.

I like having this much depth but in a salary cap world you can't be paying big money to bottom 6 player's. Killorn would be my first move because Erne will replace him next year and probably Drouin does this year. Filppula is just going to become a victim of a cap crunch soon.

I think vladdy can be a 2 c one day but taking over and pushing out flip by next year? I say no way in hell:) flip vladdy johnson are the types you keep cause of two way play I see none of them moved myself for a long time.

I dont see us having a cap crunch either where we have to lose anything major I have faith in the stevie plan. He planned every move with care and he will continue to do it.

Guys like killorn panik connolly others who do not play great two way games? They really need to work hard to keep their jobs in the long run. I know they are but right now killorn or connolly is basically our sixth best defensive forward. PK wise etc.. vladdy think will pass those two but that will take some time. I am unsure if kucherov can pass or drouin etc..

A team is made by being diverse having both aspects cooper talked about it in his interview ideally we will have 6-8 guys for power play and 6-8 guys on pk:)

Those that can flat out pk centers or forwards they are the ones we will keep. Flipper tyjo and vladdy all have that ability. To play high end PK etc..

I also am not sure on erne being up in a year still think odonnell is the guy getting lower line minutes over even paquette when its all said and done so erne should probably get a year in syracuse if we keep guys like panik and connolly etc.. which might just happen:)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd rather move Filppula early for a bigger return then be forced to move him and get a weaker return. It's like the Purcell deal, we needed cap space so we traded him below value, if we moved him sooner couldn't gotten better value. Not saying Filppula will go the way of Purcell but he carries a big salary that we might want to shed in a year or two and who's production could be replaced internally for much less.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'd rather move Filppula early for a bigger return then be forced to move him and get a weaker return. It's like the Purcell deal, we needed cap space so we traded him below value, if we moved him sooner couldn't gotten better value. Not saying Filppula will go the way of Purcell but he carries a big salary that we might want to shed in a year or two and who's production could be replaced internally for much less.

ive looked at the numbers and dont see the necessity maybe that changes but I believe the cap moves up to accommodate our runs.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Stamkos can play wing. Drouin and Palat can play right wing as well. The top-9 can easily be shuffled, no need to offload people.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos can play wing. Drouin and Palat can play right wing as well. The top-9 can easily be shuffled, no need to offload people.

Yeah. We finally have a core. There comes a point where you want to stop the constant shuffling and I think we're there now. We'll make room if and when we have to, but there's no point in jumping the gun.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Before Filppula's deal ends Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, Namestnikov, Kucherov, Drouin, Connolly, Killorn and Hedman will need to be resigned. Filppula is important now but in the next year or two I see him being passed by a few on that list. I'm not sure what the cap will rise but if it's not as much as we hope I see him as being the most likely forward and Carle defender.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Before Filppula's deal ends Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, Namestnikov, Kucherov, Drouin, Connolly, Killorn and Hedman will need to be resigned. Filppula is important now but in the next year or two I see him being passed by a few on that list. I'm not sure what the cap will rise but if it's not as much as we hope I see him as being the most likely forward and Carle defender.

So you are saying I should not buy a Flip jersey then?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Here you go, a full look at our new players in the Bolts blue and white, I don’t know about you but they all look as if they were born to wear them.

Our new vets:

Anton Strålman
DI9T4057_slide.jpg

Brian Boyle
DI9T5256_slide.jpg

Brendan Morrow
DI9T3839_slide.jpg

Jason Garrison
DI9T1815_slide.jpg

Evgeni Nabokov
evgeni-nabokov-nhl-preseason-dallas-stars-tampa-bay-lightning.jpg

Newbies:

Nikita Kucherov
DI9T3856_slide.jpg

Brett Connolly
DI9T1441_slide.jpg

Vladislav Namestnikov
DI9T1802_slide.jpg

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

stamkos gets 10 to 12 namestnikov kucherov drouin connolly get smaller bridge deals palat and johnson 5 millionr range hedman will get like 7 million if cap moves up to like 80 we should still be fine.

Sooner or later will become chicago but imho we are not close to there yet. Killorn will not get paid that much probably wont be here. Connolly is still a big question but will be a smaller bridge so non issue. Bishop might get a re up we will see. In horizon maybe is expansion too.

I think we are fine I would be moving the carles garrisons of the world over two way very good centers just saying.

Almost everyone is locked for next couple of years is all good.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
stamkos gets 10 to 12 namestnikov kucherov drouin connolly get smaller bridge deals palat and johnson 5 millionr range hedman will get like 7 million if cap moves up to like 80 we should still be fine.

Sooner or later will become chicago but imho we are not close to there yet. Killorn will not get paid that much probably wont be here. Connolly is still a big question but will be a smaller bridge so non issue. Bishop might get a re up we will see. In horizon maybe is expansion too.

I think we are fine I would be moving the carles garrisons of the world over two way very good centers just saying.

Almost everyone is locked for next couple of years is all good.

This will be a minimum of 13 anything less would be an insult, I think.

I think we could all agree that Stamkos has not reached his ceiling yet. And at this moment I would give him 13 and considering that he will be getting even better these next two years and pretty good chance that the cap goes up would indicate to me 13 at least.

my 2 cents Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad