2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings X - Steckel traded, next on the docket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Is Nathan Horton still unsigned for next year? I wouldn't mind going after him this off season.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Horton would be nice... but who does he replace?

Only guy I think is MacArthur, but Horton will get a lot (6+) and doesn't fit into our cap.

JVR - Bozak/??? - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Horton
Frattin - Bozak/Grabo - Kulemin

would be a nice Top 9.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
EDIT: Looks like I completely miss-read what you wrote. My bad. MacArthur for a 2nd, not with a 2nd for Boyle. My bad!
:laugh::laugh: It happens, been there myself.

Is Nathan Horton still unsigned for next year? I wouldn't mind going after him this of season.

Yep. I could see his other side come out come the playoffs and be the Nasty Nate B's fans loved last season. If that happens, I think they'll re-sign him short term, big money.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
If Kulie is staying long term, Frattin rounds out his game more and Colborne continues his AHL play this year, a solid 3rd line next year....

Kulemin - Colborne - Frattin

Keeping the Kadri - Lupul chemistery alive on the second line.

Lupul - Kadri - xxxxxxx

Then keeping the JvR - Bozak - Kessel line, unless we get an upgrade on C. Which leaves a bottom line of

Komarov - McClement - McLaren/Orr

gives us 4th solid line with one winger slot to fill in, and spare pieces in Grabo and MacA

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
:laugh::laugh: It happens, been there myself.

Yep. I could see his other side come out come the playoffs and be the Nasty Nate B's fans loved last season. If that happens, I think they'll re-sign him short term, big money.

I hear Boston is having a hard time fitting him under the cap for next season. I'm sure he will ask for at least Garbovski money..

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Defensive acumen wouldn't hurt either.

EHHH, tbvh, I'm kinda convinced that any line with Kessel is going to have to out score their short comings.

I mean from this prospective, IF Kadri/Lups Kuli,Frat turn into a big threat, that shifts other teams resources.

We could then consider making the Kessel line as offensive as possible.

I really don't see the "Bozak defensive" skill so many are going on about.

Hell I'm about ready to try Grabo with them.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
If Kulie is staying long term, Frattin rounds out his game more and Colborne continues his AHL play this year, a solid 3rd line next year....

Kulemin - Colborne - Frattin

Keeping the Kadri - Lupul chemistery alive on the second line.

Lupul - Kadri - xxxxxxx

Then keeping the JvR - Bozak - Kessel line, unless we get an upgrade on C. Which leaves a bottom line of

Komarov - McClement - McLaren/Orr

gives us 4th solid line with one winger slot to fill in, and spare pieces in Grabo and MacA

I know SJ fans shot down my idea of Kessel for Burns but they need goal scoring and i'm not convinced owners are trying to win it now there

Kessel and Gunnar for Burns and Clowe +

sign Clarkson

JVR/Grabo/Lupul
Kulemin/Kadri/Frattin
Clowe/Colborne/Clarkson

That top 9 is solid as and would be hard to play against.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I know SJ fans shot down my idea of Kessel for Burns but they need goal scoring and i'm not convinced owners are trying to win it now there

sign Clarkson

JVR/Grabo/Lupul
Kulemin/Kadri/Frattin
Clowe/Colborne/Clarkson

UMMM WHAT??????????

Clowe is a pending UFA so i hold 0 value in him. You want Clowe sign him in the off season.

Burns for Kessel straight up ??? nooooooo thanks.

I'm not a Kessel fan but what PK brings to the table is a lot more then what Burns does.

We don't need a right handed version of Dion, 1 Dion is enough.

I would consider Dion for Burns.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Horton would be nice... but who does he replace?

Only guy I think is MacArthur, but Horton will get a lot (6+) and doesn't fit into our cap.

JVR - Bozak/??? - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Horton
Frattin - Bozak/Grabo - Kulemin

would be a nice Top 9.

I'm not sure about 6+. I'd give him a generous 5 and call it a deal.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If Horton requires anything more than 4, I'll stay far away from him.

He'll get ripped apart here due to his inconsistencies.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I think the Leafs resources could be better used this summer getting Clarkson and a good top 4 d-man that can eat up minutes.

I know there is Colborne but there is that kid Leivo in Kitchener that is a hell of a player.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I think the Leafs resources could be better used this summer getting Clarkson and a good top 4 d-man that can eat up minutes.

I know there is Colborne but there is that kid Leivo in Kitchener that is a hell of a player.

I'd rather take a shot at a C.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

sign Clarkson

JVR/Grabo/Lupul
Kulemin/Kadri/Frattin
Clowe/Colborne/Clarkson

If that "+" isnt couture, SJ can GTFO. Burns sucks so bad at D, he is being used as a forward. Clowe is past his prime and a UFA.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
I say we take a stab at trying to get Bobby Ryan. JVR + Gunnerson + 2nd

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
If that "+" isnt couture, SJ can GTFO. Burns sucks so bad at D, he is being used as a forward. Clowe is past his prime and a UFA.

Get a clue man. He was playing forward because he was coming off an injury, and the forward role he was put in wasn't as physically demanding as he would be dealing with on D.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
EHHH, tbvh, I'm kinda convinced that any line with Kessel is going to have to out score their short comings.

I mean from this prospective, IF Kadri/Lups Kuli,Frat turn into a big threat, that shifts other teams resources.

Probably, but defensive ability in a center is always appreciated.

Bozak is no defensive phenom but he's responsible.

He's also decent on the offensive side of things but definitely not on the same level as Kessel.

It'd be interesting to see Grabo up there but he's been a bit of a black hole offensively lately.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

In line with this, i'd like to see something like

JVR/Kadri/Lupul - teams would have to respect this line
Mac/Bozak/Kessel - let the line open up and push the pace....i'd even try Komarov , his pressure could really cause breakdowns that lead to open ice chances

IMO if you put JVR with Kessel they'll get top pairing if you put JVR with Kadri and Lupul they get top pairing

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Get a clue man. He was playing forward because he was coming off an injury, and the forward role he was put in wasn't as physically demanding as he would be dealing with on D.

So its good sign when the coach changes you from defense to forward?

Either way, he hasnt played great when he was playing defense. Not something we need, especially for our PPG forward

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Both Horton & Clarkson are going to want term of 4 years or more at a cap hit of 4 million +.

Leafs should pass on both of these guys as they'd regret those contracts very shortly after.

Horton has a bad concussion history.

Clarkson has only had two good offensive seasons (with a lot of powerplay time I might add) and most players of his style quickly see their games fade around 30 because of the wear and tear it takes on their body.

I'd rather the Leafs sign one of Morrow, Cleary, Higgins, Jagr or McDonald to a one to two year deal max leaving the team with lots of roster flexibility and not potentially locked into a bad contract for an extended period of time.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Both Horton & Clarkson are going to want term of 4 years or more at a cap hit of 4 million +.

Leafs should pass on both of these guys as they'd regret those contracts very shortly after.

Horton has a bad concussion history.

Clarkson has only had two good offensive seasons (with a lot of powerplay time I might add) and most players of his style quickly see their games fade around 30 because of the wear and tear it takes on their body.

I'd rather the Leafs sign one of Morrow, Cleary, Higgins, Jagr or McDonald to a one to two year deal max leaving the team with lots of roster flexibility and not potentially locked into a bad contract for an extended period of time.

isn't this why the Leafs signed Connolly?

Clarkson brings so much more to a team then just stats and if this team has any hope of competing in the playoffs then they'll need players like Clarkson

Asif16*

Eklund says, we have entered the Bowmeester Chase. The leafs are also in on Derek Roy. Says the leafs are also interested in Boyes

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
[/B]

isn't this why the Leafs signed Connolly?

Clarkson brings so much more to a team then just stats and if this team has any hope of competing in the playoffs then they'll need players like Clarkson

This. It's players like him that propel teams like the Devils to perrenial success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad