SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

1714593109945.jpeg

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Did not realize he was a FA. Could be a good option for the bottom of the lineup. Very solid player who has had some injury issues.

There’s a lot of interesting options like him this year in free agency. Even bringing someone like Greer back should be a consideration as a depth option.

Probably doesn’t play come playoff time, but I’d much rather see Greer bring a physical game on the fourth line for 50-60 games than watch Tierney do a whole lot of nothing.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
There’s a lot of interesting options like him this year in free agency. Even bringing someone like Greer back should be a consideration as a depth option.

Probably doesn’t play come playoff time, but I’d much rather see Greer bring a physical game on the fourth line for 50-60 games than watch Tierney do a whole lot of nothing.

He's not coming back if you saw his Calgary exit interview

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
You watched AJ Greer’s Calgary exit interview?

That’s some real love for the game right there.

Ha, I saw it on my twitter timeline so I didn't actively go see it. I think it was actually a Devils twitter account who put it on my feed

What happened in his exit interview?

It was basically him saying he's happy to finally be in a place to where the coaching staff believes in him and lets him play, I don't think it'd be a dig at Boston but maybe it could be them too last year. But I naturally assumed he was talking about NJD considering how hard it was for him to find ice here with how he played in the AHL for us. I'll try to find the exact sound bite in a bit.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's not coming back if you saw his Calgary exit interview
Good

He's Bobby Farnham on HGH. I never understood why people liked him so much. I remember when he scored a bunch of goals in his first few games with Boston in 22-23, then he scored 1 or 2 the whole rest of the year.

It was 3 goals in 4 games, one of them was a 2 goal game. Then he scored 2 more goals in his last 57 games played that year.

He ended this past season on a 27 game goal drought and just 2 points in those last 27 games (both in the same game), so I'm assuming he wasn't talking about returning to Calgary in his exit interview. I don't think they'll be in a rush to re-sign him.

We surely can do better than these guys. Maybe even in-house?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Good

He's Bobby Farnham on HGH. I never understood why people liked him so much. I remember when he scored a bunch of goals in his first few games with Boston in 22-23, then he scored 1 or 2 the whole rest of the year.

It was 3 goals in 4 games, one of them was a 2 goal game. Then he scored 2 more goals in his last 57 games played that year.

He ended this past season on a 27 game goal drought and just 2 points in those last 27 games (both in the same game), so I'm assuming he wasn't talking about returning to Calgary in his exit interview. I don't think they'll be in a rush to re-sign him.

We surely can do better than these guys. Maybe even in-house?
I don't think we have better in house, Foote may be but there are a lot of options on the market. Foote shouldn't be penciled as 14F nor 12F. He should fight for 13-14F spot in the camp against real nhlers.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think we have better in house, Foote may be but there are a lot of options on the market. Foote shouldn't be penciled as 14F nor 12F. He should fight for 13-14F spot in the camp against real nhlers.
I actually really like Foote.

I think he has the potential to be a ton better than Greer ever was or ever could imagine to be, but he just lost almost an entire season due to injury.

Reactions: Guadana

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Ha, I saw it on my twitter timeline so I didn't actively go see it. I think it was actually a Devils twitter account who put it on my feed

It was basically him saying he's happy to finally be in a place to where the coaching staff believes in him and lets him play, I don't think it'd be a dig at Boston but maybe it could be them too last year. But I naturally assumed he was talking about NJD considering how hard it was for him to find ice here with how he played in the AHL for us. I'll try to find the exact sound bite in a bit.

I sincerely doubt he means it as a dig against us. I assume he’s just happy to be playing in the NHL after almost washing out in the minors.

Greer’s career derailed in Colorado and he was dumped off to the Isles in a minor trade before we got him.

His breakout season in Utica got him a 2 year one-way contract with Boston, I doubt he dislikes us for that.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

I think he has the potential to be a ton better than Greer ever was or ever could imagine to be, but he just lost almost an entire season due to injury.
He isn't fast enough and isn't proactive enough. He should be better positionally. And the most important thing - much more healthier. We thought he will play 23-24 season and he was injured even before the start, reason why we started to use non nhlers right from the start. Devils need depth. And don't worry about player who was drafted many years ago and still can't play 4th line role regularly.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I sincerely doubt he means it as a dig against us. I assume he’s just happy to be playing in the NHL after almost washing out in the minors.

Greer’s career derailed in Colorado and he was dumped off to the Isles in a minor trade before we got him.

His breakout season in Utica got him a 2 year one-way contract with Boston, I doubt he dislikes us for that.

Ya, that's why I wasn't sure but I just assumed it was a dig against us because we were the last team he was in the middle ground with him before latching onto to Boston. Also Lindy having his favorites in the bottom 6 over him too was a sticking point for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He isn't fast enough and isn't proactive enough. He should be better positionally. And the most important thing - much more healthier. We thought he will play 23-24 season and he was injured even before the start, reason why we started to use non nhlers right from the start. Devils need depth. And don't worry about player who was drafted many years ago and still can't play 4th line role regularly.
I think if his injury that he had admittedly been dealing with for a few years is handled he can be an effective fourth liner but it's pretty much put up or shut up time.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think if his injury that he had admittedly been dealing with for a few years is handled he can be an effective fourth liner but it's pretty much put up or shut up time.
I truly believe he can. Talent is there. But organisation has tasks and pressure. Im ready to talk about investing in pricey second line center because Nico and Jack are regular hospital bed tenants. So when I'm thinking about forth line winger who was injured more often than played, I can't trust him as a roster spot place holder. I prefer fourth liner who can play third line, third liners who can play second line if we need to. Not 4th line who could be 13-14th forward or ahler on the most contending or near contending organisations.
May be its little tough but we just can't repeat previous season from very different perspectives- we should have two nhl goalies who isn't worst in the league, we should have solid defensive top 4 with solid third pair of players who can survive against top line players because "if injuries", we should have forwards depth, solid third line center and players who can skate fast and play forechecjing game.
There are a lot of tasks, but Lankinen, Kahkonen shouldn't be expensive(we saw this team with good goaltending this season, it wasn't goaltending that stop them from winning in those situations), all of our core forwards are on quite cheap deals, Luke and Simon are playing on ELC, we can bridge Mercer. Problems of this team can be solved.

Last edited:

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024

Unfortunately, I think the back issue is gonna probably perpetually linger and thus hamper the potential he may have had. I would keep him around as 13/14 forward and see how next season plays out for him. Unless he is part of a trade package, which I highly doubt. I mean back surgery then a quad issue almost immediately after returning screams overcompensating for the back problem.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

At day's end, I don't harbor any ill will towards Lindy. I think the team did get dealt an awful hand all season long, but he did very little to try and mitigate the damage. He's cool with me, and I'd still buy him a beer if I ever saw him. :laugh:

I didn't even think about it, but I guess Buffalo hiring him gets us off the hook for his contract.

I'm cool with Lindy too, got a raw deal in terms of goal tending.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

At day's end, I don't harbor any ill will towards Lindy. I think the team did get dealt an awful hand all season long, but he did very little to try and mitigate the damage. He's cool with me, and I'd still buy him a beer if I ever saw him. :laugh:

Lindy the guy seems like a good guy. I hope people don’t actually “hate” on him. Criticizing performance should be divorced from how fans act about the athletes/coaches personally.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

“I don’t know if I look back and say, ‘Boy, I wouldn’t have done this,’” said Ruff. “We tried something completely different system-wise that really no team played the first few years. I look back and think that it really helped us offensively, but I wonder if it hurt us defensively for a period of time. That may be the only thing I look at. But I also think when there’s no risk, there’s no reward.

“That same system took us by the Rangers, so I really don’t have any regrets.”

Obviously I’m not there internally but visually, the teams defensive system was the thing that was radical and it was always pretty poor.

The teams play in the neutral zone/blue line forecheck appeared significantly different this year, Devils gave teams a lot more space this year, and the neutral zone was the big strength that carried the team last year, imo. The defensive system always hurt them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad