2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings X - Steckel traded, next on the docket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Scared of what Kessel might end up getting. At this point $7m per is most likely a minimum.

If Kadri progresses like I think he will, he should turn Kessel into a 40 - 45 goal scorer.

If Kessel is putting up 40 goals a year for 7.5 million dollars I'll be a happy Leafs fan.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If Kadri progresses like I think he will, he should turn Kessel into a 40 - 45 goal scorer.

If Kessel is putting up 40 goals a year for 7.5 million dollars I'll be a happy Leafs fan.

I'll give him a reasonable extension.

41M/6 years should get it done.

When you talk about assets you need to retain, it's assets like Kessel and not Bozak.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

$7.5m seems fair for a PPG player like Kessel.

Would be absolutely thrilled if we get him under $7 million per.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
$7.5m seems fair for a PPG player like Kessel.

Would be absolutely thrilled if we get him under $7 million per.

If we can lock Phaneuf, and Kessel up for a combined amount of about 12.5-13.5 mil a year I think we would all be happy.

Side note, would anyone do a deal around Tom Gilbert for Clarke Macarthur + Holzer? Minne gets some help on scoring and we get a RH d that could play in our top four.

Banana Squid

Sep 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
If we can lock Phaneuf, and Kessel up for a combined amount of about 12.5-13.5 mil a year I think we would all be happy.

Side note, would anyone do a deal around Tom Gilbert for Clarke Macarthur + Holzer? Minne gets some help on scoring and we get a RH d that could play in our top four.

What kind of a d-man is he? He can put up some decent numbers, but right now we need hard nose, stay at home type defenders.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
What kind of a d-man is he? He can put up some decent numbers, but right now we need hard nose, stay at home type defenders.

He is, exactly what he's always been. A physical defenseman, with a booming shot. He's just learned to pick his spots with his hits and has become way better positionally.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London

If we can get them at 14m I would be happy. I'm expecting 7m+ for each personally.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
If we can get them at 14m I would be happy. I'm expecting 7m+ for each personally.

For Phaneuf too? I think he'd get more of a caphit similar to Edler, Burns, then Suter and Weber?

Especially if you construct it properly over 8 years.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
For Phaneuf too? I think he'd get more of a caphit similar to Edler, Burns, then Suter and Weber?

Especially if you construct it properly over 8 years.

Suter makes 80m over the first 8 years, would be a cap hit of 10m. Weber is 96m for would be cap hit of 11.5. Edler and Burns are honestly just friggin steals :laugh: Even in a cap crunched world, the stars still get paid. 7m still isn't even 11% of the cap, it really isn't all that bad.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Suter makes 80m over the first 8 years, would be a cap hit of 10m. Weber is 96m for would be cap hit of 11.5. Edler and Burns are honestly just friggin steals :laugh: Even in a cap crunched world, the stars still get paid. 7m still isn't even 11% of the cap, it really isn't all that bad.

I guess thats all true, but I still dont see him getting 7 mil till he's 37...

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I guess thats all true, but I still dont see him getting 7 mil till he's 37...

I don't think they will sign him that long personally, I think 5 will continue to be the limit of length Toronto hands out. Burke did it, Nonis did it recently with Lupul. Seems to me that it will continue that way, but we will have to wait and see.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

Gilberts part of their current winning formula, I doubt they want to significantly downgrade to Holzer.

Minnesota has quite a few prospects/rookies Id want though. Coyle, Granlund, Dumba, etc. Brodin and Hackett are probably guys they wouldnt want to move.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Wish the Aulie/Ashton deal never happened. Aulie is the defenseman we are lacking now and I bet he would be thriving in the Carlyle system. I think Ashton will be passed quickly on the depth chart when Biggs turns pro.

Morlesio14*

Wish the Aulie/Ashton deal never happened. Aulie is the defenseman we are lacking now and I bet he would be thriving in the Carlyle system. I think Ashton will be passed quickly on the depth chart when Biggs turns pro.

Ashton has been great on the marlies
He'd be a great checking 3/4th liner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad