2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings X - Steckel traded, next on the docket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Congrats on almost 10,000 posts! :handclap:

Personally I don't think we see a trade for a while again. I question whether we will even do another trade this year, I think it's going to be a slow trade deadline.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Congrats on almost 10,000 posts! :handclap:

Personally I don't think we see a trade for a while again. I question whether we will even do another trade this year, I think it's going to be a slow trade deadline.

Thanks!

I think Connolly gets moved at the deadline. Somebody will give something for him.

And apparently Nonis is searching for a top 3 dman too.

Plus all these rumours of Kulemin and St. Louis......

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
3 full days till we play. What is Nonis going to do. I think we have clearly been shown we need another top four dman, this is when we have to add him. Sure we prefer a RHD, but I dunno if it matters as much anymore.

Work some magic Nonis.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Lets look at it this way, we have enough top 4 d in the system...With Rielly Gardiner Phaneuf Franson Fraser Gunner in the system plus Kostka and Holzer i dont really think we have room for another d man, a rental would be nice and all, but not at a hefty price. With Rielly and Gardiner eventually having to be in our top 4, whats the point of wasting assets for a guy who will be pushed out in the next year or two. If we can get a rental for cheap then go for it... But i think the partner for Phaneuf is already on our team developing into a solid consistent two way d man with top 4 skill and reliable hard working defense... He is right handed and his name is Cody Franson... I think Phaneuf-Franson could be a good pairing as they are both big guys who can use there body (Franson just started using his body this season) and they are both reliable enough in there own zone that they can cover for each other although they both make the occasional defensive mistakes.

Phaneuf-Franson
Fraser-Gardiner
Gunner-Rielly
Kostka/Holzer

But for this year run those same lines but put Liles where Rielly will be next year after we trade/buyout liles...

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I do Phion. After that loss. I do.

Congratz in advance BS!

Connolly has to move but my god the market is damn tough this time around.

i dont think it really matters if Connollys moved, if he is then he is but hes a ufa this summer and most were gonna get is a late round pick.
Plus hes a big part of the marlies.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Thanks!

I think Connolly gets moved at the deadline. Somebody will give something for him.

I wonder if there is a package that could be used to get a young guy like Del Zotto, Alzner, Carlson, Yandle, Fowler.

If not maybe a Bieksa, Morris, Michalek type?

God we need a landslide trade from a team that needs a shakeup or some pieces to make a cup run.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Thanks!

We probably retain some salary but I don't care, if we get anything for him at this point I will be happy :P We can call him up with no risk of waivers correct?

You never know if there will be trades, but I think teams in the end will end up going with the guys they know and for the most part just stick with their team. Players can take time to mesh with their new team and already the regular season ends in what is it now, 6 weeks? I especially can't see any team being a big seller this year seeing as all you need to do is string together a half dozen wins and all of a sudden you are in the playoffs/mix of things.

This off season though I think we will see a flurry of action. Last off season was pretty slow due to lockout looming and I think we will make up for it this off season.

Asif16*

We need a Physical power forward badly for this team. Someone that can change the momentum and the game with a big hit or big shift. Not necessarily fight. We have guys who can do that, but we need more grittier players in our top 6.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
We need a Physical power forward badly for this team. Someone that can change the momentum and the game with a big hit or big shift. Not necessarily fight. We have guys who can do that, but we need more grittier players in our top 6.

I would rather not spend assets on more forwards. we have scored the 6th most goals in the league. 8th in goals against. To me it is pretty clear where assets should currently go. Not to say I don't think we could use a physical power forward, I just don't think it's the biggest need.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Honestly the next few games leading up to April.1 will determine if were buyers or sellers . Even though if we are buying I can't see us trading for a lot . Would like a few players gone though

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I wonder if there is a package that could be used to get a young guy like Del Zotto, Alzner, Carlson, Yandle, Fowler.

If not maybe a Bieksa, Morris, Michalek type?

God we need a landslide trade from a team that needs a shakeup or some pieces to make a cup run.

No to offensive Defensemen, we already have those. We need people who can defend and move the puck out of the zone with ease.

Michalek, Bieksa, ALzner... I don't know, but we need an upgrade big time.

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
a good ol' sunday blockbuster would be nice :)

1. Top line center
2. Top pairing D-man
3. Experienced goalie

man thats a lot too ask...

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Morning gents. Rumour roundup?

Gotta think Nonis can't sit on his hands for much longer here...

Eklund (lawl) seems to suggest SJ is going to finally crack and make a move. Maybe one of their to-4 capable defenseman are available along with Clowe.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We have 2 critical weaknesses.

No star center and Phaneuff isn't a number one dman.My suggestion since Carlyle doesn't like Gardiner : Weber for Phaneuff ,Gardiner plus ? Grabo for Statsny. The only way we get a number one center is gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad