2013-2014 Lake Erie Monsters/ Denver Cutthroats Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I didn't realize Roy's son destroyed Heard in a fight back in December.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Weird part is that Roy isn't that good of a fighter, while Heard is a really good one, odd fight to say the least and if I'm not mistaken it was a response for Heard's sucker punch on Ristolainen in an earlier game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Can someone give me a profil on Carey? Thanks in advance

Good size, good hands, great skater, needs to work on consistency and his effort levels. When he plays with a high effort level, he can be a pretty good player at the AHL level and shows a good amount of offensive flair. There will be moments when he flashes and you think we really have something here and he could be a 2nd/3rd line tweener, but there will also be moments where you think he should be in the ECHL... sometimes on the same shift. I will say he has improved tremendously since his first few years at BC. He figured out somewhere in his junior year that his natural talent isn't going to carry him alone and that he needed to round out his game. Since then, he has gotten more consistent and much better defensively (IMO doesn't have great instincts, but are good enough).

IMO he is a frustrating player. The type where they have more in them when it comes to natural talent, but can never really put it together.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Monsters, you guessed it, lost 5-2 in Charlotte. Worked to come back from down 2-0 to get it tied at the end of the second and then just came out in the third and crapped the bed. Cheek and Elliott with the goals. Elliott seems to finally overcame whatever was wrong with him because he's scoring like he was early in the year. Rematch tomorrow morning.

As far as injuries, Olver is back, Hishon is still mysteriously absent and Aittokallio is improving but not suiting up yet. Laurisden and Desjardins seem close to returning too.

One random tidbit, seems the Monsters took the Avs plane to Toronto last weekend. They played at home Friday night and then in Toronto at 3 the next day.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Good size, good hands, great skater, needs to work on consistency and his effort levels. When he plays with a high effort level, he can be a pretty good player at the AHL level and shows a good amount of offensive flair. There will be moments when he flashes and you think we really have something here and he could be a 2nd/3rd line tweener, but there will also be moments where you think he should be in the ECHL... sometimes on the same shift. I will say he has improved tremendously since his first few years at BC. He figured out somewhere in his junior year that his natural talent isn't going to carry him alone and that he needed to round out his game. Since then, he has gotten more consistent and much better defensively (IMO doesn't have great instincts, but are good enough).

IMO he is a frustrating player. The type where they have more in them when it comes to natural talent, but can never really put it together.

This sounds so much like Davey Jones that my buttcheeks tightened.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Weird part is that Roy isn't that good of a fighter, while Heard is a really good one, odd fight to say the least and if I'm not mistaken it was a response for Heard's sucker punch on Ristolainen in an earlier game.

Looked like Heard was doing fine, until Roy got his jersey a bit over his head somehow. Kind of helpless when that happens.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Monsters, you guessed it, lost 5-2 in Charlotte. Worked to come back from down 2-0 to get it tied at the end of the second and then just came out in the third and crapped the bed. Cheek and Elliott with the goals. Elliott seems to finally overcame whatever was wrong with him because he's scoring like he was early in the year. Rematch tomorrow morning.

As far as injuries, Olver is back, Hishon is still mysteriously absent and Aittokallio is improving but not suiting up yet. Laurisden and Desjardins seem close to returning too.

One random tidbit, seems the Monsters took the Avs plane to Toronto last weekend. They played at home Friday night and then in Toronto at 3 the next day.

Ugh :facepalm:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Clark scored to make it 3-2 monsters with 3:50 to play.

Edit: They got the win as well.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I didn't even hear the injury report today, ugh. Monsters won this one 3-2. I listened to all but the last 5 minutes and of course there were two goal the last 5 minutes. Charlotte tied it up and then the Monsters got it right back. Their new mercenary Daavettila from the Colorado Eagles scored as well as Stollery and Clark. Monsters outshot a good offensive team 43-23 today, they definitely brought some effort to this one. Patterson's second start too.

Highlights from 3/15

Highlights from today 3/16

Last edited:

waltdorholt

Dec 3, 2008
Do we even have any prospects on that team anymore? Last I saw was Patterson in LEM and Millan is on loan to an ECHL team.

The fish picked up a goalie named John Griggs to cover for Patterson. He played 1 game with Pensacola before coming here. He went 9-0 with the fish since he got here, including 3 shoot out wins. They are on the road for the rest of the season, 6 games left. They are all over it right now, and they locked a playoff spot last week.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
^ Article was two years old by the way, improved his skating since that time.

I swear I thought Vancouver Canucks signed him.

Haven't watched Kitchener this year, but saw him a bit the last couple of years. Good skater who has a mean streak and some leadership qualities. I think his offensive game was much better than what the stats say in juniors, but will not be known for it in the AHL. Can't say he will have NHL potential, but looks more like a depth signing. Plays a similar, but more defensive game like Holden, can jump into the play if he wants and has a good shot as well.

This signing (if he gets an ELC) seems more like a Billington development-pathway than someone like Cody Corbett signing from a fantastic overage year. We'll see how good Craig and the organization is in developing defensemen since the LaCoix days.

And damnit Pracey go after NCAA free agents as well, not just overagers in the OHL.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Too bad he doesn't have his dad's shot (still pretty good though). :cry:

This is probably a bit of a mini tryout to see if he is worth offering a ELC or AHL deal.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
From what I could gather he's big and strong and mean, was originally an offensive-minded D but didn't have the best decision-making skills with the puck in the O-zone so he was converted to more of a shutdown D by Kitchener and it has suited him well.

Another Tam-type signing where it doesn't hurt to give the kid a shot in the pros to see if he sticks. It's pretty obvious to see the type of young D-men Roy and Sakic are targeting now. Size, defensively sound, decent offense.

Oh and he's Al's son.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Here is a response from a Rangers season ticket holder, Benchedguy

He was mis utilized in his time in Kitchener the last two years IMO. He has a hard shot, can stickhandle the puck out of his zone for the most part, tends to shy away from shoulder to shoulder hits and tries to throw the hip. He really hasnt played to his potential because under Spott 2 years ago, when he did something wrong he was benched while others were allowed to play through and learn from their mistakes. He still has potential to be a 5/6 guy but it will depend if he can live up to it. He was played on forward for the last game of the season, no one knows if it was a request of a potential team or just to fill a spot.

Ryan Wilson's defensive game looks to be better but that is a close comparision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad