2013-2014 Lake Erie Monsters/ Denver Cutthroats Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Lake Erie just has issues in general. Sakic and Roy need to clean house down there (with the exception of Filiatrault), and let the organization and players down there start fresh. Like Sacco, Chynoweth has a big dog house and it doesn't take much for certain players to enter it. Right now there are a couple players that we all like/liked as prospects that are in that dog house.

Now that my travel season is over, I plan to go through some of my recordings of games. I am pretty excited to see how Elliott, Beaupre, Siemens, Agozzino, Sgarbossa, Schumacher, and Smith progressed and regressed this season. I am still a believer in Sgarbossa, but there is no doubting that he had a rough season this year. Luckily he has one more year on his contract to prove he is worthwhile.

On Pickard, I don't think he is long for the organization. Roy hinted that one of the goalie prospects is gone this summer to bring in an AHL vet, and I am 99% sure that Pickard is gone. Either in a package, or for a 4th/5th round pick.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Lake Erie just has issues in general. Sakic and Roy need to clean house down there (with the exception of Filiatrault), and let the organization and players down there start fresh. Like Sacco, Chynoweth has a big dog house and it doesn't take much for certain players to enter it. Right now there are a couple players that we all like/liked as prospects that are in that dog house.

Like Garrett Meurs, I was excited to see how he can do professionally with a successful OHL career. Seems he's been getting healthy scratched and being misused frequently. Hope he can thrive next year under a new coach

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He was pretty slow after he came back from injury a bit ago but the last few weeks Elliott has been on fire like he was early in the season. He's having a nice year. Very curious to see what he would look like with the Avs now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Monsters had the best game they've played in a long time beating Rochester 5-0. I'm not sure exactly what it was but they played well the entire game controlling the puck. Aittokallio made his first start in a month after his freak head injury and got the 25 save shutout. Bourke played his first game for the Monsters and got a goal and two assists. Schumacher continued his hot scoring run, Wyman got two goals on the line with Bourke and Olver added one too. Injury list basically still the same, Hishon and now Beaupre.

Highlights

Bourke will be used to our clueless media, Cleveland media had to ask him what a ATO is.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What a first goal by Bourke, complete dedication on wanting to score there.

If we thought the ROR question was stupid to Joe Sakic, that ATO question was just as Pejorative Slured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad