2013-2014 Lake Erie Monsters/ Denver Cutthroats Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Excited to see what this team can do this year with Duncan Siemens, (hopefully healthy) Hishon, Sgarbossa and Colin Smith. Goaltending should be real sharp as well. Hopefully a deep playoff run is in the cards for both the Monsters and the Avs!

Link of the old thread : http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1312069

[Mod] please take note that this thread is about the Lake Erie Monsters, but also the Denver Cutthroats, thank you for your feedback

Last edited by a moderator:

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I think we need to see a year of significant growth from the Monsters. It's encouraging that Roy wants to run a consistent system between the Avs and the farm teams, and this year should ice a team in Lake Erie that's a nice blend of higher-end prospects and guys with professional experience. Hopefully Hish gets healthy and stays healthy - otherwise, this a team that looks like it could be a bit short on skilled guys up front.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Will we have anyone around for the Monsters training camp? Be interesting to see if Siemens and Elliott can get their grooves back.

On Elliott:
Coach Roy said:
"It was a tough decision, but at the same time, we think he needs to play," Avs coach Patrick Roy said. "He needs to play a lot of minutes. He needs to be a No. 1 guy over there. Here, he could have been (a seventh) D-man, and I thought that would not be good for his development."

Last edited:

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Huge Owen Sound connection with Hishon, Conway, and Zweep all in Lake Erie for camp (and Schumacher was drafted by the Attack but traded before he played). Zweep always seems to prove me wrong, maybe the guy will catch on with a pro team somewhere and fight his way up to the show.

And obviously hoping for the best for Hishon. This kid deserves to be in the NHL and more importantly deserves a clean bill of health.

While I'm on the topic, is there an Attack connection I'm missing with the Avs' management team? Or is the Southern Ontario scout for the Avs just really credible, given O'Reilly, the Attack boys, Agozzino, etc?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Huge Owen Sound connection with Hishon, Conway, and Zweep all in Lake Erie for camp (and Schumacher was drafted by the Attack but traded before he played). Zweep always seems to prove me wrong, maybe the guy will catch on with a pro team somewhere and fight his way up to the show.

And obviously hoping for the best for Hishon. This kid deserves to be in the NHL and more importantly deserves a clean bill of health.

While I'm on the topic, is there an Attack connection I'm missing with the Avs' management team? Or is the Southern Ontario scout for the Avs just really credible, given O'Reilly, the Attack boys, Agozzino, etc?

Rick Pracey who is our main scout, scouts the OHL league so that is why we have so many players coming from Ontario. Also consider he is freakin amazing at his job, finding all these hidden gems like Blandisi, Heard, Hishon, Schumacher, Bigras, O'Reilly, Agozzino, and Martin.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
LEM play in a pre-season game vs Grand Rapids today. Meanwhile on HNIC Grand Rapids, wearing Red Wings jerseys, are playing Maple Leafs in Toronto.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Will be going to the game tonight at the WFCU center. Pumped to see Siemens play.

Any comments from the game? Again, we had to rely only on twitter for updates. Pickard gets a 2-0 shutout with Olver and Laurisden getting the goals. Sounds like Siemens and Elliott are paired up. I'm thinking this might be a fun team to follow this season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lake Erie Monsters @monstershockey
RELEASED: Reid, Millan, Patterson and Soudek have been released from #LEM Training Camp. The roster now stands at 28. #AliveInCLE

Guess that means Millan and Patterson are headed to the Cutthroats.

Anyone know if Hishon is back skating/practicing/playing?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Will be interesting to see how well the Cutthroats fare with the Avs seemingly on the cusp of a revival. I'm still going to try and catch a game or two at Denver Coliseum this year.

In other news, the Monsters once again won't have to do much to be the best professional sports team in Cleveland, it appears.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Will be interesting to see how well the Cutthroats fare with the Avs seemingly on the cusp of a revival. I'm still going to try and catch a game or two at Denver Coliseum this year.

In other news, the Monsters once again won't have to do much to be the best professional sports team in Cleveland, it appears.

Other than the Indians have won 10 straight, and the Browns have won their last two. :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So Siemens isn't on Lake Erie's roster... anybody know what is going on?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So tonight is there opener... anybody know their lines at this point? I have missed the whole preseason for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad