Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News/Discussion (11/9: Nash skates, Pyatt concussed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Great news for Nash and us...We better not stand around and do nothing when our guys take another shot to the head...Watch vids of other teams and see how most react...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's his second melon dent in 12 months. He's ready when he's ready. Whatever the time frame, I just want him when he's fully healthy.

Yep. I don't want this guy anywhere near the Olympics either--even if he's back playing--**** that. He can use those couple weeks off.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Great news but obviously just one of the many many steps he needs to go through before returning. If he gets off the ice and has dizziness or headaches... He's just as far away as he was the night he was hit.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1m
Glen Sather on Rick Nash: "he's on the road to recovery, he's skating...but he's got a ways to go with his conditioning"

Hmm. If he's talking about conditioning already, they must be pretty confident about his symptoms.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
It's his second melon dent in 12 months. He's ready when he's ready. Whatever the time frame, I just want him when he's fully healthy.

Exactly. It would be great to have him back in the next month or so...but I'd rather shut him down for the season if it means having him healthy next year and the years after that. I'm sure they'll be plenty cautious and wait until he's 100%, regardless of time frame.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
we go on a 5 game road trip starting on the 21st of november. be nice if nash can be on that flight to dallas. 12 days from now.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
we go on a 5 game road trip starting on the 21st of november. be nice if nash can be on that flight to dallas. 12 days from now.

That might be wishful thinking...would put him in game action only 2 weeks from the end of his concussion symptoms. It's possible if no setbacks, but I have to assume they are going to take things very slowly with him.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Great news about Nash. Being symptom free for two days isn't exactly a long period of time so I hope he takes it slow and doesn't have any setbacks.

The Olympics should be the last thing on his mind now. Don't want him rushing back to prove to the selection committee that he is ready to play.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa

That might be wishful thinking...would put him in game action only 2 weeks from the end of his concussion symptoms. It's possible if no setbacks, but I have to assume they are going to take things very slowly with him.

Yep, my gut feeling is he'll be back in action right after the road trip.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yep, my gut feeling is he'll be back in action right after the road trip.

Makes more sense. Their first home game back is November 30th v. Vancouver. From that date until December 27th, they only have ONE road game which is in Buffalo on December 5th. Would be great to keep him in NYC and not traveling anywhere for basically a month.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
@NYRangers: Alain Vigneault says that Taylor Pyatt is "concussed" and has no further update past that

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
If Nash's only symptom was headaches then IMO that is a very good thing. Glad theyre taking it slow but that sounds promising.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

Rick Nash on the ice with goalies and extras today. Not sure what it means for time line but obviously a good thing.

OMG yes, there is a hockey God, and he is not vengeful.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

Rick Nash on the ice with goalies and extras today. Not sure what it means for time line but obviously a good thing.

Am I the only one that thought of Eminem's new song "so far"?

I got friends on facebook all over the world
Not sure what that means they tell me it's good

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
@NYRangers: Alain Vigneault says that Taylor Pyatt is "concussed" and has no further update past that

hate to see anyone get hurt even if its Pyatt who I wanted out of the lineup. Crappy way to go out

so Mashinter Sunday then maybe Moore is back next week?

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
The way the team's playing right now, I want the organization to take all the time that is needed and then some for reinsurance to get Nash back out there. No rush.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
It's a good thing his only symptoms were headaches, I know Crosby had memory loss, didn't know people's name or remember doctors he was seeing on a weekly basis.

No rush to get nash back here either tho I can't wait to see him back

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
If Nash's only symptom was headaches then IMO that is a very good thing. Glad theyre taking it slow but that sounds promising.

Meh, yes and no. When I had my last concussion, I had headaches for weeks, then a few days symptom free and the minute I got my heart rate elevated I got nauseous from the vertigo and aches. It means nothing. Every concussion is different.

The headaches are just part of it. Depression and anxiety are certainly things to look for.

Still, it makes you wonder how contact sports survived for over a century will all these hall of famers treating their concussions like the common cold

and as a GWOW said, I have no idea how sports lasted this long with athletes underestimating concussions. Just yesterday, I was watchin Sound FX on the NFL Network, when they had Mike Shanahan mic'ed up, and in one of those, his RB was like, "Coach, I can't see (from the concussion)" Shannahan responded, you don't need to see, we're going to go play action. It just makes you think..wow. Or stories of Richard Sherman a few years back, he said he played the entire 2nd half of the game blind in 1 eye from a hit he took to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad