Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News/Discussion (11/9: Nash skates, Pyatt concussed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Meh, yes and no. When I had my last concussion, I had headaches for weeks, then a few days symptom free and the minute I got my heart rate elevated I got nauseous from the vertigo and aches. It means nothing. Every concussion is different.

and as a GWOW said, I have no idea how sports lasted this long with athletes underestimating concussions. Just yesterday, I was watchin Sound FX on the NFL Network, when they had Mike Shanahan mic'ed up, and in one of those, his RB was like, "Coach, I can't see (from the concussion)" Shannahan responded, you don't need to see, we're going to go play action. It just makes you think..wow. Or stories of Richard Sherman a few years back, he said he played the entire 2nd half of the game blind in 1 eye from a hit he took to the head.

I thought Terrel Davis had migraines that were unrelated to a concussion. I may well be wrong.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I thought Terrel Davis had migraines that were unrelated to a concussion. I may well be wrong.

Maybe, who knows? Even back in the 90's the knowledge regarding concussions was sketchy. Before that? Forget it. It was called "getting your bell rung" and you were out there the next day.

Wolfy*

I guess the kreidsterillo-line can not remain intact when Nash returns, I wonder how the lineup will look like.

Too bad about Pyatt, but Tyutin was not suspended, guess it looked more like an accident.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
More from Nash's interview with the media:

“It’s been good days and bad days over the last four weeks. There were steps forwards and then a step back and I have strung together a good 3 or 4 days and it’s been all positive since then.”

“each case is so different, different symptoms, different techniques. I talked with a few guys who have been through this and what seemed to work for me was just time.”

“the support, from the organization has been unbelievable. I haven’t felt pressured or anything like that. Guys check in daily so it’s been pretty nice. It’s tough when they take away the thing you love so it’s been great.”

“Right now, as I said before, the symptoms have been gone. I skated today, I felt good. Each day it’s a do-more thing and see if anything creeps up at night and inch forward.”

“hopefully tonight goes well, skate again tomorrow and just start to inch forward. I can’t make a date and say next week or this week. It’s important to do more each day and hopefully the symptoms stay away.”

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2.../recap-rick-nashs-comments-today/#more-114627

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I guess the kreidsterillo-line can not remain intact when Nash returns, I wonder how the lineup will look like.

Too bad about Pyatt, but Tyutin was not suspended, guess it looked more like an accident.

i would not break thay line up. when we are fully healthy i would go with

kreider-step-zucc
hagelin-richards-nash
pouliot-brassard-callahan
moore-boyle-dorsett

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
i would not break thay line up. when we are fully healthy i would go with

kreider-step-zucc
hagelin-richards-nash
pouliot-brassard-callahan
moore-boyle-dorsett

I'd actually go:

Kreider-Step-Zuke
Hagelin-Richards-Cally
Pouliot-Brassard-Nash
Mashinter-Boyle-Dorsett

Those first two lines have been playing well. Nash could jumpstart Brassard and give us a third scoring line.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'd actually go:

Kreider-Step-Zuke
Hagelin-Richards-Cally
Pouliot-Brassard-Nash
Mashinter-Boyle-Dorsett

Those first two lines have been playing well. Nash could jumpstart Brassard and give us a third scoring line.

Yeah, let Nash slowly get back into game shape. Have him play soft minutes and PP to start.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I'd actually go:

Kreider-Step-Zuke
Hagelin-Richards-Cally
Pouliot-Brassard-Nash
Mashinter-Boyle-Dorsett

Yeah that's what I'd like to see. Although I wouldn't be opposed to switching Pouliot and Hagelin. That way you have a speedy forechecking presence on all three lines (Kreider/Cally/Hags).

No way you break up the KSZ line right now.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
I can't be the only one that felt myself getting diseases from the Nash Brass combo...

We had success with a Clowe-Brassard-Nash line last season and also a Zuccarello-Brassard-Nash line. Pouliot-Brassard-Nash seems pretty similar to the first line.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
When Nash returns he'll be in game shape, otherwise he wouldn't be playing. No, he won't be on the second, third or fourth line... Nash will be on the first line, adjust accordingly... Just saying..

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
He may very well be on the first line (a sentiment I tend to agree with) however then that also means that the Zucc-Stepan-Kreider line will simply be bumped down to the second line. That line has carried us over the last few games, and straight from AV's mouth earlier this year is that once lines find chemistry they won't break them up.

That line is going so well right now it makes no logical sense to break them up.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
When Nash returns he'll be in game shape, otherwise he wouldn't be playing. No, he won't be on the second, third or fourth line... Nash will be on the first line, adjust accordingly... Just saying..

If we have the luxury of 2 lines that are clicking right now and being able to put Nash on the 3rd line why not do it? Why break up a good thing and hurt depth?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He may very well be on the first line (a sentiment I tend to agree with) however then that also means that the Zucc-Stepan-Kreider line will simply be bumped down to the second line. That line has carried us over the last few games, and straight from AV's mouth earlier this year is that once lines find chemistry they won't break them up.

That line is going so well right now it makes no logical sense to break them up.

The Richards line has done well too.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
The Richards line has done well too.

Yeah I know but I'm reserving judgment on that line because they haven't been together as long as the Stepan line. The Richards line has played well the last two or three games. Ideally I would like to keep those two lines together but I wouldn't mid as much if the Richards line was broken up because Hagelin has been playing well and will help any line.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
I don't like the idea of having to switch up lines either, but if it's to get a guy like Nash back on the ice, guess we'll have to figure it out.. :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I know but I'm reserving judgment on that line because they haven't been together as long as the Stepan line. The Richards line has played well the last two or three games. Ideally I would like to keep those two lines together but I wouldn't mid as much if the Richards line was broken up because Hagelin has been playing well and will help any line.

That line of a has been and 2 3rd liners (tongue in cheek) has made some incredible skilled plays. It'll be a great luxury to have those lines and have Nash be able to face worse Ds. Oh and he'll have a good player in Brassard centering him, not like he'll be centered by Boyle.

Dorado*

Don't flame me but I would t mind seeing Boyle on the left and Nash on the right with Brassard .
While he has hands of stone he's been plAying real solid hockey and has been as much of a part of the rangos turning this thing around as any one .

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I agree that I would make little sense to break them up now. But we don't know how they're going to be playing when Nash is ready to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad