Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News/Discussion (11/9: Nash skates, Pyatt concussed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Holy crap!

Just looked it up. Nash hasn't played since the 3rd game of the season...

Felt like he's only been gone a week or two.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Don't flame me but I would t mind seeing Boyle on the left and Nash on the right with Brassard .
While he has hands of stone he's been plAying real solid hockey and has been as much of a part of the rangos turning this thing around as any one .

I'm actually kind of okay with this. Boyle could take the face offs but play the wing slot, where he'd probably be more valuable on offense. He's dead weight centering an offensive line because he shoots from too far out too often and isn't a good passer. However, at wing, he could be used to screen the net and use his size to battle for pucks behind the net/rebounds.

I can't endorse him playing center on a scoring line, though. Stepan, Richards, Brassard, and even Miller are better options there.

I'm also interested to see how the following would work:

Nash-Brassard-Richards
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Miller-Callahan
Pouliot-Boyle-Dorsett

Richards looked great at wing earlier this year, better than he's looked at center IMO. Those first two lines are filled with scoring while that third would be a great energy/possession line that would be flying around the ice and playing good defense. Moore and Pyatt haven't impressed me this year.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
once Nash is back id go:

Kreider Stepan Zucc
Hagelin Richards Callahan
Pouliot Brassard Nash
Miller Boyle Dorsett

It seems weird to put Nash on the 3rd line, but really you can't look at it like a 3rd line, you basically have 3 2nd lines, play em equally.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
once Nash is back id go:

Kreider Stepan Zucc
Pouliot Brassard Nash
Miller Boyle Dorsett

It seems weird to put Nash on the 3rd line, but really you can't look at it like a 3rd line, you basically have 3 2nd lines, play em equally.

I agree. Brassard and Nash have shown chemistry before, and the Kreider/Stepan/Zucc has been fantastic. No need to break it up.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
once Nash is back id go:

Kreider Stepan Zucc
Pouliot Brassard Nash
Miller Boyle Dorsett

I'm thinking along similar lines. Regardless of who Nash plays with he is probably going to draw the other teams best defenders. I suppose you could also put Boyle on that line and move Brassard to the wing to compensate for any deficiency on the defensive side. The top two lines have found chemistry and have been producing lately, there's no need to force Nash into things. It would also give Brassard another opportunity to center a player that can be an actual catalyst.

Carlos Ranger

Zucc-a-Rella
Apr 9, 2007
NJ
get Nash back asap and call up Kristo. this would be such a fast, well balanced line up.

Nash Brassard Callahan
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Hagelin Richards Kristo
Pouliot Boyle Dorsett

Last edited:

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
get Nash back asap and call up Kristo. this would be such a fast, well balanced line up.

Nash Brassard Callahan
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Hagelin Richards Kristo
Pouliot Boyle Dorsett

- Don't think Nash will be back anytime soon
- Brassard has done nothing to earn a spot on the first line
- Kristo is not ready

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009

Nash Brassard Callahan
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Hagelin Richards Kristo
Pouliot Boyle Dorsett

I would like seeing this, too. I think Kristo is hungry and should be playing, at least, against the Panthers. If his AHL success translates to NHL competency, we could have a real good player on our hands. I might be tempted to switch Cally and Kristo, though a Nash-Brassard-Kristo line is probably something to try later on with Nash just coming back from injury and Kristo new to the league.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I guess the kreidsterillo-line can not remain intact when Nash returns, I wonder how the lineup will look like.

Well. That line has worked lately, but I don't think breaking it up has to be a bad thing. Try:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Mashinter - Boyle - Dorsett

That third line worked nicely in preseason and in the first couple of games, Nash should slot in real well with Stepan an Kreider and that fourth line looks pretty nice. Lines 1 trough three can all provide scoring and the 2nd and 4th lines are both good shutdown lines with good faceoff taking centers.

Bardof425*

I'm thinking along similar lines. Regardless of who Nash plays with he is probably going to draw the other teams best defenders. I suppose you could also put Boyle on that line and move Brassard to the wing to compensate for any deficiency on the defensive side. The top two lines have found chemistry and have been producing lately, there's no need to force Nash into things. It would also give Brassard another opportunity to center a player that can be an actual catalyst.

Nash will not play on the 3rd line even if it makes sense. And he needs to play with guys who can pass the puck; in other words, no Boyle.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well. That line has worked lately, but I don't think breaking it up has to be a bad thing. Try:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Mashinter - Boyle - Dorsett

That third line worked nicely in preseason and in the first couple of games, Nash should slot in real well with Stepan an Kreider and that fourth line looks pretty nice. Lines 1 trough three can all provide scoring and the 2nd and 4th lines are both good shutdown lines with good faceoff taking centers.

So you throw in a wild card on the first line? Nash is a better player than Zucc, but you don't know if the chemistry will be the same. So you may be hurting the first line. Then you basically put no scorers on the 3rd line. We have the luxury of 2 good lines and putting Rick "Canadian Olympian" Nash on the 3rd line and people are trying to reinvent the wheel.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nash will not play on the 3rd line even if it makes sense. And he needs to play with guys who can pass the puck; in other words, no Boyle.

Why? Because of his contract? I can't think of a better luxury than 2 lines that are clicking and you put your best scorer on the 3rd line. GREAT depth. Otherwise you're hurting chemistry of the other 2 lines and hurting depth. You're not maximizing your assets.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Pouliot/Pyatt - Brassard - Nash
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Mashinter

Sending MDZ, Pyatt and a prospect/pick for a top 6 LW would be great.
We are lacking a RD that can replace DZs minutes though
I would love to get Rundlblad and pair him with Moore as 3rd pairing
Hagelin slides down with Brassard and Nash
Pouliot and Mashinter spares

Last edited:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Why? Because of his contract? I can't think of a better luxury than 2 lines that are clicking and you put your best scorer on the 3rd line. GREAT depth. Otherwise you're hurting chemistry of the other 2 lines and hurting depth. You're not maximizing your assets.

I think its because you normally tend nit to put your best iffensive player in the Third line.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think its because you normally tend nit to put your best iffensive player in the Third line.

But if your other lines are doing well and you can take advantage of defensive mismatches, why? I love Cally and Hags, but putting Nash on the 3rd line will give us one of the best 3rd lines in the league. They can divide the playing time pretty evenly. Maybe it'll cease to be the 3rd line then. Whatever, you call it, I'd leave the first two lines intact. They can be lines 1 a, b, and c or something. We don't have to give Nash 3rd line minutes.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Pouliot/Pyatt - Brassard - Nash
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Mashinter

Sending MDZ, Pyatt and a prospect/pick for a top 6 LW would be great.
We are lacking a RD that can replace DZs minutes though
I would love to get Rundlblad and pair him with Moore as 3rd pairing
Hagelin slides down with Brassard and Nash
Pouliot and Mashinter spares

Upgrading from Pouliot on that third line for a LW that can score will make that offense very deep.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
lol, you don't think the opposing coach wouldn't notice the "Nash" on the back of a Ranger jersey and adjust accordingly, or do opposing coaches just number the lines and throw defensemen on the ice? Not to sure I understand the issue here... Nash was brought here to be our offensive stud, offensive studs are typically on the top line, adjust the rest accordingly, just the way it is. Hopefully the chemistry continues to grow..

Jan 8, 2012
NY
lol, you don't think the opposing coach wouldn't notice the "Nash" on the back of a Ranger jersey and adjust accordingly, or do opposing coaches just number the lines and throw defensemen on the ice? Not to sure I understand the issue here... Nash was brought here to be our offensive stud, offensive studs are typically on the top line, adjust the rest accordingly, just the way it is. Hopefully the chemistry continues to grow..

Fine. So then the KSZ line will get easier matchups. Don't see a problem here.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Just taking your players and throwing them onto lines based on skill doesn't exactly create the greatest output. Now, that's some hyperbole because I don't think that's what you were totally implying... but players have different playing styles that that mesh well in certain lines. Throwing 3 offensive floaters out there isn't a great idea even if their your 'best' players. Sometimes great players play better with less talented linemates. Sometimes having your best player elevate others helps the team more than stacking lines.

For example, do you remember Eric Christensen centering our top line and getting the best out of Gabrorik? It was not a statement on his ability, per say, but he just clicked with Gaborik. If you can use the Kreider-Stepan-Zucc and have it play like a first line, have the Hagelin-Richards-Cally play like a first line, and have Nash-Brassard-whoever play like a first line... why not do it? You can play all lines relatively equally, with whoever's hot most in certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad