Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News/Discussion (11/9: Nash skates, Pyatt concussed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Considering our top 2 lines are playing well we have the luxury to see if Brassard and Nash will play well together.

Brass is an underrated passer. Actually, he has underrated skills. I like him riding shotgun with Nash and I like him setting Nasher up too.

I just never liked beever with Nash.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Brass is an underrated passer. Actually, he has underrated skills. I like him riding shotgun with Nash and I like him setting Nasser up too.

I just never liked beever with Nash.

I don't like Richards and Nash, either.

I would definitely try Nash on the "3rd" line with Brassard. Especially right now while he is coming back. Perhaps we don't do that for the long term, but I see no reason not to try it and see how it goes right now.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
This is what I would try rolling with for a while:

Streiderello
Hagelin - Miller - Richards
Nash - Brassard - Callahan
Pouliot - Boyle - Dorsett

That 4th line :shakehead

Totally like the top 9 like that. Just can't believe zuc and Kreider are our 1st line. :amazed:

That "3rd" line is just sublime. Mouth watering really.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I only have one rule that I never break when I make lineup suggestions: Nash always plays with Hagelin. They had insane chemistry last season.

So upon Nash's (and Moore's) return I'd begin with:

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kredier-Stepan-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Moore-Boyle-Dorsett

If/when the Streiderello line loses steam, switch Stepan and Richards.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That 4th line :shakehead

Totally like the top 9 like that. Just can't believe zuc and Kreider are our 1st line. :amazed:

That "3rd" line is just sublime. Mouth watering really.

What's wrong with that 4th line? A bit on the soft side, but at least all 3 guys are NHL players which is more than you can say for over the years.

BarbaraAlphanse

What's wrong with that 4th line? A bit on the soft side, but at least all 3 guys are NHL players which is more than you can say for over the years.

I think Moore deserves to be on the 4th line more than Pouloit. Pouloit isn't a grinder. He's not too physical. He's not a great forechecker. He's not gonna fight someone if theres a bad hit on a team mate.

Pouloit was drafted to be a 1st or 2nd liner. That's his skill set. That's why you always see him have the uncanny ability to be in the right scoring position at the right time. Instinctively he is in the right place at the right time to score. He makes bone headed moves, takes inopportune penalties, and has little-none of the 4th line attributes i listed above.

Pouloit will probably get a pass for a while on this team. Miller seems to be the next one out of the starting line up if our injured players keep coming back with no further injuries accumulating. Then after that it'll be Pyatt or Pouloit with the other being the spare forward.

Chances are Pyatt remains on the active 12 forwards more so than Pouloit because he's more versatile - believe it or not. Pyatt is used on the PK and can assume a somewhat effective fourth line role. Pouloit wouldn't fit that line. That's why they've been giving him every opportunity to succeed on the top 3 lines. After a while, the opportunities will run out. 4th line won't be one of those.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is what I would try rolling with for a while:

Streiderello
Hagelin - Miller - Richards
Nash - Brassard - Callahan
Pouliot - Boyle - Dorsett

You want Miller to be our #2 center? :help: The guy has showed very little offensive ability. I mean flashes, but nothing productive.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

The 4th line matters in av's world. It's essential we have a 4th line that can contribute.

I like dom Moore there. He's a very tenacious checker. He's a guy who can anchor that line.

Poo is wasted. He's a top 9 guy or nothin. Pyatt does nothing for me.

Boyle I like there. Same with DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad