Tickets: 2013-2014 Individual Game Tickets For Sale IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikkanen10fan

Apr 2, 2012
interesting! let us know what happens! i hope you win!
Well, i just got screwed by StubHub and I hope they make it right.
Someone listed a pair at $10.01, $20.02 for the pair. As I entered my CVV code in the iphone app and just as I pressed purchase, the price changed from $20.02 to $2,999.98. I tried to kill the app tomccancel the transaction, but to no avail. After a half hour on the phone, they tell me they will send it to their investigative team, and if what I said is true, they will refund me. Imam wondering what the odds of that happening are. If they don't I am in a very tought spot. I can dispute it with my credit card company, but if I get ruled against, I can end up paying $3K and not going to the game. If I do go, though, they can say that by going I agreed to the price. I hope they get back to me tomorrow as they say they will and are reasonable.

Tikkanen10fan

Apr 2, 2012
My best friend is considering driving up from Tennessee to go to Game 4 if he can get tickets through a connection. I told him don't bother. I should have said, you'd have more fun watching at my house. Come visit.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Well, i just got screwed by StubHub and I hope they make it right.
Someone listed a pair at $10.01, $20.02 for the pair. As I entered my CVV code in the iphone app and just as I pressed purchase, the price changed from $20.02 to $2,999.98. I tried to kill the app tomccancel the transaction, but to no avail. After a half hour on the phone, they tell me they will send it to their investigative team, and if what I said is true, they will refund me. Imam wondering what the odds of that happening are. If they don't I am in a very tought spot. I can dispute it with my credit card company, but if I get ruled against, I can end up paying $3K and not going to the game. If I do go, though, they can say that by going I agreed to the price. I hope they get back to me tomorrow as they say they will and are reasonable.

What happened was the seller noticed his mistake and changed the price when you were in the checkout screen. Not really a mistake by Stubhub.

AK2794

May 31, 2008
Raleigh, NC
What happened was the seller noticed his mistake and changed the price when you were in the checkout screen. Not really a mistake by Stubhub.

Depends, it may be if he was quoted and saw the $20 price on the screen at checkout as opposed to $3000.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Depends, it may be if he was quoted and saw the $20 price on the screen at checkout as opposed to $3000.

When you're in the checkout screen and a price change occurs a notice will pop up alerting you of this. He probably clicked it as fast as he could without reading it since he wanted to complete the purchase and never noticed.

It goes both ways he wanted to capitalize on someone else that made a mistake and he made one of his own.

GFiP*

Once someone is in the checkout, the seller shouldn't be able to change the price.

AHB*

When you're in the checkout screen and a price change occurs a notice will pop up alerting you of this. He probably clicked it as fast as he could without reading it since he wanted to complete the purchase and never noticed.

It goes both ways he wanted to capitalize on someone else that made a mistake and he made one of his own.

Mine said 16 and the buyer changed the price while I was in there. It gave me an error screen and then when i refreshed it came up as 1600.

I obviously didn't get them, but i screenshotted the 16 just in case some BS happened.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Once someone is in the checkout, the seller shouldn't be able to change the price.

Ticket Exchange or TM Plus or whatever they use now is set up that way which makes sense but Stubhub's system is not designed that way.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
If anyone wants to sit in a gallery seat next to me for game 4 while making fun of me for not selling earlier, I am accepting offers.

Sec 202, Row 2

Sold

Last edited:

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ

I was using the iPhone app. There was no popup or anything. I entered my cvv code, and as I pushed the purchase button the price refreshed to $2999.98 and there was. Itching I could do to stop the purchase. On a PC it works differently and I have received warning notices. But that did. It happen here. I am waiting to hear back from the StubHub investigation team or whatever they call it.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ

I am not asking SH to honor the price, but I had no intention of paying $2999 and would never have purchased at that price. I just want the transaction cancelled.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
I was using the iPhone app. There was no popup or anything. I entered my cvv code, and as I pushed the purchase button the price refreshed to $2999.98 and there was. Itching I could do to stop the purchase. On a PC it works differently and I have received warning notices. But that did. It happen here. I am waiting to hear back from the StubHub investigation team or whatever they call it.

Call you CC and file a dispute.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
I am not asking SH to honor the price, but I had no intention of paying $2999 and would never have purchased at that price. I just want the transaction cancelled.

If I were you and they won't cancel it, I would absolutely file a dispute and tell stubhub you will be doing that. There is no way in hell I would pay 3k

Last edited:

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
doubt it, people will pay 500 to see the cup won, even if it's not the home team. Bucket list type life event

2k tickets left. Prices down to 500 already on stubhub. there is a pair for 450 on ticketmaster right now. This will get much worse. Also a guy I work with he was bringing 3 clients, they have zero interest in going with the Rangers down 0-3.

It is a bucket list type thing for a hockey fan. I personally will try to attend because it I won't give up on the Rangers. If they do lose I do get to see the cup which still kinda sucks since it cost the Rangers their chance.

Slick Rick 61

Jul 11, 2007
My mindset on going is that being a life-long Ranger fan in his mid-20's, this is something I'll remember for the rest of my life. What if they never get back? At least I can say I was there.

If the Kings win the Cup, it will be disappointing, but how many can say they saw the two most beautiful trophies in sports be presented? The Conn Smythe, and of course, the Stanley cup.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
2k tickets left. Prices down to 500 already on stubhub. there is a pair for 450 on ticketmaster right now. This will get much worse. Also a guy I work with he was bringing 3 clients, they have zero interest in going with the Rangers down 0-3.

It is a bucket list type thing for a hockey fan. I personally will try to attend because it I won't give up on the Rangers. If they do lose I do get to see the cup which still kinda sucks since it cost the Rangers their chance.

I hear that - but don't forget this is a championship series, it's bigger than just our city. People from across Canada & the United States seek out these tickets. The local hype can't push $1000 anymore but there's a limit to how low they can get because of the general interest in a championship series

AHB*

I hear that - but don't forget this is a championship series, it's bigger than just our city. People from across Canada & the United States seek out these tickets. The local hype can't push $1000 anymore but there's a limit to how low they can get because of the general interest in a championship series

I think we will see some in the 300's. A lot of local people don't want to go to this game. The majority who were planning on going were Rangers fans and now they're running away from their tickets. We're not going to see a major influx of foreigners trying to buy tickets to this and fly here on a whim. That's a tough thing to do.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of tickets hit the market today midday or so.

Thank god I sold mine yesterday morning.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey

I understand what you are saying but tough to make a spur of the moment trip to new york in the middle of a work week I'd imagine. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. For my sake I hope I am right and it goes down further lol

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
If I were you and they won't cancel it, I would absolutely file a dispute and tell stubhub you will be doing that. There is no way in hell I would pay 3k

Believe me, I am doing everything that I can. My issue is that the event is in 34 hours. If I cannot get this resolved quickly, I am in quite a quagmire if ultimately StubHub and My Credit Card rule against me. I have no proof of what I am saying, aside from the fact that if I intended to pay $3000 for tickets, why would I call to complain about it 10 seconds later. If I don't have a firm answer by tomorrow I either need to decide to go to the game, and doing so might support that I agreed to the price; or I can decide to not go, and run the risk that I get stuck with the charge anyway and don't even get to go to the game! I am really hoping for a quick favorable ruling from StuhHub, but I don't know. They pretty much just opened for the day, and who knows what hours their "investigation team" works.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Believe me, I am doing everything that I can. My issue is that the event is in 34 hours. If I cannot get this resolved quickly, I am in quite a quagmire if ultimately StubHub and My Credit Card rule against me. I have no proof of what I am saying, aside from the fact that if I intended to pay $3000 for tickets, why would I call to complain about it 10 seconds later. If I don't have a firm answer by tomorrow I either need to decide to go to the game, and doing so might support that I agreed to the price; or I can decide to not go, and run the risk that I get stuck with the charge anyway and don't even get to go to the game! I am really hoping for a quick favorable ruling from StuhHub, but I don't know. They pretty much just opened for the day, and who knows what hours their "investigation team" works.

doesn't hurt to call again and ask for a supervisor. What you want is for a case manager to look at it immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad