Tickets: 2013-2014 Individual Game Tickets For Sale IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Definitely, as soon as my morning meetings are completed.

I've had it go two ways on me on price changes. What's SUPPOSED to happen, is when you click on a button to pay or confirm your credit card CCV number, a pop up is supposed to warn you "Price has changed ... still want them? are you sure..." and then you have to confirm. But their system fails because it's happened to me when I was about to pay $45 and then all of a sudden my confirmation screen says $450. In that case, the tickets were actually worth about $450 and I got them to waive the 15% resell fee so I flipped them at breakeven

Stubhub will have a detailed record of every single price change by the seller. They'll be able to see that a price change occurred at the same moment you confirmed so the evidence will be there

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
I've had it go two ways on me on price changes. What's SUPPOSED to happen, is when you click on a button to pay or confirm your credit card CCV number, a pop up is supposed to warn you "Price has changed ... still want them? are you sure..." and then you have to confirm. But their system fails because it's happened to me when I was about to pay $45 and then all of a sudden my confirmation screen says $450. In that case, the tickets were actually worth about $450 and I got them to waive the 15% resell fee so I flipped them at breakeven

Stubhub will have a detailed record of every single price change by the seller. They'll be able to see that a price change occurred at the same moment you confirmed so the evidence will be there

Yes, thanks. Unfortunately their iphone app does not have the warning. The price literally changed AS i hit the confirm purchase button. I was aghast and immediately tried to kill the app, but the transaction went through too quickly.

AHB*

Just FYI guys, if I feel i'm getting a steal price on Stubhub, I always try to take screenshots prior to clicking confirm. Especially on the APP.

Obviously not helpful for this situation. Hope it all works out.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Selling tomorrow nights game, makes me sick I should have sold high last week. Blue seats row 2....417 16-17. Market value, pm me with offers...they are currently listed on the ticket exchange as well.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
From my experience with buying off my iPhone, I've found that the "mislisted" prices have been occurring more frequently the past 6 months. Occasionally, I'll see mislistings at well below market value price, only to see it raised at checkout.

For example, found VIP courtside seats for an NBA game at $20. Went to check out, and it was $2000. It's always important to check the price before you hit purchase for this reason.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
It's always important to check the price before you hit purchase for this reason.

Their system isn't reliable, you could be clicking on the final button with all the right numbers in front of you, and then all of a sudden on the confirmation screen the price is 10 times higher

AHB*

From my experience with buying off my iPhone, I've found that the "mislisted" prices have been occurring more frequently the past 6 months. Occasionally, I'll see mislistings at well below market value price, only to see it raised at checkout.

For example, found VIP courtside seats for an NBA game at $20. Went to check out, and it was $2000. It's always important to check the price before you hit purchase for this reason.

And screen shot on the app.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
FYI

Sec 225
Row 2, Seats 1 - 2 on ticketmaster right now for $540

Edit: Gone, maybe I should have grabbed them looking at stubhub prices lol

AHB*

Pair at 449/ now. Supply is increasing. Almost 2K available now.

FYI

Sec 225
Row 2, Seats 1 - 2 on ticketmaster right now for $540

Edit: Gone, maybe I should have grabbed them looking at stubhub prices lol

$540 each?

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Yes, thanks. Unfortunately their iphone app does not have the warning. The price literally changed AS i hit the confirm purchase button. I was aghast and immediately tried to kill the app, but the transaction went through too quickly.

Well, they basically told me to go f myself. They admit that the price was $6.67 and then increased to over $1400, but they say the timing was 4 minutes prior to my order going through, so it is a valid order. I am waiting for a supervisor to call me. They said "a few minutes" and it has already been 20 minutes.

I really don't know what to do, I will certainly dispute with my credit card company, but what if they rule against me? This really sucks. You would think it is evident that if I added $20 tickets to my cart that I did not intend to spend $3000!

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Well, they basically told me to go f myself. They admit that the price was $6.67 and then increased to over $1400, but they say the timing was 4 minutes prior to my order going through, so it is a valid order. I am waiting for a supervisor to call me. They said "a few minutes" and it has already been 20 minutes.

I really don't know what to do, I will certainly dispute with my credit card company, but what if they rule against me? This really sucks. You would think it is evident that if I added $20 tickets to my cart that I did not intend to spend $3000!

I would literally make empty threats of the fact stubhub lets deceiving antics to trick buyers. You will never use stubhub again and plan to write a couple articles to the news paper of how you were tricked. Also tell them you will have a stop payment if you must. I'd literally do anything I could to get out of that buy.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I would literally make empty threats of the fact stubhub lets deceiving antics to trick buyers. You will never use stubhub again and plan to write a couple articles to the news paper of how you were tricked. Also tell them you will have a stop payment if you must. I'd literally do anything I could to get out of that buy.

If you read the user agreement, they make you waive your right to join a class action lawsuit unless you opt out. That takes away lots of your ammo but you are still allowed to sue them on an individual basis. This is definitely a class action lawsuit type of deceptive practice

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Well, after speaking to a supervisor who spoke to her supervisor, the best they are willing to do is to discount the sale by 50% to $1499.99 and they will waive any fees on my reselling the tickets. So, if I can get $750 a ticket, I will get my money back. I don't know how likely that is, given the Rangers circumstances, but they are section 223 row 5.
I am VERY upset, as aside from not trying to make a purchase, there is absolutely nothing that I could have done to prevent this from happening. The price did not change on my iphone until after I hit the purchase button, or perhaps simultaneously.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Well, after speaking to a supervisor who spoke to her supervisor, the best they are willing to do is to discount the sale by 50% to $1499.99 and they will waive any fees on my reselling the tickets. So, if I can get $750 a ticket, I will get my money back. I don't know how likely that is, given the Rangers circumstances, but they are section 223 row 5.
I am VERY upset, as aside from not trying to make a purchase, there is absolutely nothing that I could have done to prevent this from happening. The price did not change on my iphone until after I hit the purchase button, or perhaps simultaneously.

I have never heard them cutting by 50% which is still pretty much BS.

Side note saw a pair for 420 in the 200s on TM.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
I have never heard them cutting by 50% which is still pretty much BS.

Side note saw a pair for 420 in the 200s on TM.

I agree. This is the best they would offer, though, and if I refuse the offer, and my credit card rules against me I am out the full $3K. I will see what happens, and if I do not earn my money back, I will discuss with my credit card company.

AHB*

Supply just increased. Still near 2K. Very little movement so far today. We might see sub $400 on SH before the EOD.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
I agree. This is the best they would offer, though, and if I refuse the offer, and my credit card rules against me I am out the full $3K. I will see what happens, and if I do not earn my money back, I will discuss with my credit card company.

I'd say you've got four options.

Option 1 is to take their deal and re list them at ~$500 which is a good bit lower than the next ticket of comparable value, you'll end up down $500 but you'll get most of your money back. You could also ask them for $2,000 off so that you end up even after you sell the tickets.

Option 2 is to keep calling supervisors until you get a better answer. You could also get in touch with the legal department and threaten/execute legal action, although I'm not a lawyer and I have no idea if you have any legal standing to sue them(and consulting with one probably isn't the worst idea if you want to go down this route). I'd at least start with this and see how far you can get and if you can get them to cave.

Option 3 is go the CC route. If you paid with an Amex, I'd think you'll have a pretty good chance at getting your money back as they usually side with the buyer when it's borderline, but Visa/MC usually go in favor of the seller and I wouldn't go that route in that case.

Option 4 is go to the media and try to shame them into giving you back your money. Send some tweets out to the local investigative reporters, get in touch with some of the consumer advocates(For example: http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/columns/the_haggler/index.html), etc.

Good luck!

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
I literally feel sick. Don't know if I will ever be comfortable using StubHub ever again

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I literally feel sick. Don't know if I will ever be comfortable using StubHub ever again

Jeeze, no ****. That's pretty terrible. Call up your credit card company and explain the situation now. The fact that they're willing to drop the price 50% is showing right then and there that they know you didn't want to buy the tickets at that price. Good luck, dude. That's an awful situation to be in.

Edit: I'll throw in this. As someone who deals with customer escalations at work, just keep escalating. You spoke to the supervisor but you never spoke to theirs. They did. Insist on talking to someone else. In the meantime Tweet them, post on the StubHub Facebook. The last thing they want is for this to cause a bunch of potential customers to go elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad