Tickets: 2013-2014 Individual Game Tickets For Sale IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Well, after speaking to a supervisor who spoke to her supervisor, the best they are willing to do is to discount the sale by 50% to $1499.99 and they will waive any fees on my reselling the tickets. So, if I can get $750 a ticket, I will get my money back. I don't know how likely that is, given the Rangers circumstances, but they are section 223 row 5.
I am VERY upset, as aside from not trying to make a purchase, there is absolutely nothing that I could have done to prevent this from happening. The price did not change on my iphone until after I hit the purchase button, or perhaps simultaneously.

You would think that the shopping cart could be programmed such that when tickets get put into a basket, the price is locked, and cannot be changed either until the sale is completed, the session times out, or the buyer throws them back.

Seems pretty simple... put a lock on the listing once you click "buy", but before you enter payment information... the information on the screen could be confirmed, and there would be no bait and switch...

I wish you luck in whichever path you choose.

If it's worth any consolation, there were a pair of Kings fans who were asked to step aside last night when the tickets they presented (which were STH stock) were not accepted at the turnstile.. I would assume the STH re-issued the bar codes, and either they (or someone else) sold the hard tickets...

Wonder what heads roll in this situation... meaning, does the STH have any explaining to do???

Cheers!
-Doug

alotlikehomer

May 11, 2012
Stubhub has an executive customer care team, that is who you want to speak to. You don't want someone who just checked w/ them or another supervisor, you want someone from executive customer care to call you. They may still give you the runaround, but I am willing to bet that the iphone app refreshes data differently than the website and that even if there was a 4 minute difference, you may not have seen it.

Also, can't help myself, but will you not feel comfortable using StubHub again, or just not feel comfortable trying to take advantage of someone's pricing mistake?

AK2794

May 31, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Jeeze, no ****. That's pretty terrible. Call up your credit card company and explain the situation now. The fact that they're willing to drop the price 50% is showing right then and there that they know you didn't want to buy the tickets at that price. Good luck, dude. That's an awful situation to be in.

Edit: I'll throw in this. As someone who deals with customer escalations at work, just keep escalating. You spoke to the supervisor but you never spoke to theirs. They did. Insist on talking to someone else. In the meantime Tweet them, post on the StubHub Facebook. The last thing they want is for this to cause a bunch of potential customers to go elsewhere.

Exactly. Keep escalating and let them know that you will take it to social media if you are not getting the results you want. If you feel they are not budging, then I would take the 50% discount, and still contact your bank to dispute the charges. Do not go to the game if you dispute the charges. You need to be able to confidently tell your bank/Amex that you were charged the wrong amount + you did not use the goods (tickets) that were purchased in this transaction. Merchants want to avoid chargebacks/disputes at all costs so they may budge. If they don't and you dispute, it's likely they will present their case to your bank/Amex at which point you will need to escalate with your bank yet again. It's a costly and time consuming process for them to keep fighting your chargeback so I like your chances to come out on top here eventually.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Jeeze, no ****. That's pretty terrible. Call up your credit card company and explain the situation now. The fact that they're willing to drop the price 50% is showing right then and there that they know you didn't want to buy the tickets at that price. Good luck, dude. That's an awful situation to be in.

Edit: I'll throw in this. As someone who deals with customer escalations at work, just keep escalating. You spoke to the supervisor but you never spoke to theirs. They did. Insist on talking to someone else. In the meantime Tweet them, post on the StubHub Facebook. The last thing they want is for this to cause a bunch of potential customers to go elsewhere.

I need to wait for the charge to post with my credit card company, but I did speak with them. It seems that I have gotten as far as I can with StubHub. I have reached out to two consumer reporters. Not sure twitter will help me, but if any of you guys want to tweet about this, be my guest.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I need to wait for the charge to post with my credit card company, but I did speak with them. It seems that I have gotten as far as I can with StubHub. I have reached out to two consumer reporters. Not sure twitter will help me, but if any of you guys want to tweet about this, be my guest.

You haven't gone as far as you can if you just spoke to a supervisor, trust me. Either way, I hope this works in your favour.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013

Have you gotten in touch with the executive customer care team at Stubhub? That's who you want to talk to, not the generic customer service line. No idea how to get in touch with them(I'd call back, ask for a supervisor, if that doesn't work ask for his/her supervisor and so on, you'll likely end up with them eventually and if that doesn't work just ask to speak with them), but I spoke with them in the past and they were able to resolve a situation for me that the regular line was unable to.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Have you gotten in touch with the executive customer care team at Stubhub? That's who you want to talk to, not the generic customer service line. No idea how to get in touch with them(I'd call back, ask for a supervisor, if that doesn't work ask for his/her supervisor and so on, you'll likely end up with them eventually and if that doesn't work just ask to speak with them), but I spoke with them in the past and they were able to resolve a situation for me that the regular line was unable to.

This was the higher level team, and the higher levels team's supervisor. The regular customer care people essentially told me too bad, I made the purchase. I generally buy pretty low priced tickets from them, and don't sell much, so I am a relatively small fish to keep happy. After the first three people I dealt with, 50% already sounded like a good deal, although given the overall situation it really is not a good deal.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
This was the higher level team, and the higher levels team's supervisor. The regular customer care people essentially told me too bad, I made the purchase. I generally buy pretty low priced tickets from them, and don't sell much, so I am a relatively small fish to keep happy. After the first three people I dealt with, 50% already sounded like a good deal, although given the overall situation it really is not a good deal.

Did the CC company give any indication of what they'd do? If you think you've got a good shot with that, I'd go that route, otherwise, maybe think about chatting with a lawyer and seeing if you have legal action to do anything. Filing in small claims court won't cost you very much and you might be able to get them to pay up to avoid sending someone to court. Speak with a lawyer before you go that route though because I don't know anything about the statutes/laws etc and don't know if you're wasting your time.

You can also keep going up the line at Stubhub, speak to the supervisor of whoever the last person you spoke to is and just keep going up up up.

mookrangers

May 5, 2012
Do not give up contacting stubhub. You need to be persistent, keep insisting you want to speak to someone higher up. Don't just let them tell you to wait for it to post to your credit card, fight it all day if you have to. Stubhub can fix this without getting the credit card company involved, persistence is the key

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Looks like I may be on Live at Five tomorrow. I sent an email earlier to Lynda Baquero and I was called back and spoke to her and her assistant. It looks as though unless the tickets sell for the $790.50 that they are displayed at, including the buyers fees, they will run the story.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Also, can't help myself, but will you not feel comfortable using StubHub again, or just not feel comfortable trying to take advantage of someone's pricing mistake?

I was thinking the same, no need to add the can't help myself.

Anyone remember the story of the $12 Nolan Ryan rookie card at a card shop on LI? Basically, the owner of the store had to leave due to an emergency. Had his friend watch the store. Was a saturday or sunday, so a busy day to close. Some kid gave the friend $12 for a Nolan Ryan rookie when the price was $1200. Over the next few days, people started going in asking if they had anymore Nolan Ryan rookies for $12. Store owner wound up suing the kid's parents, can't remember what happened with the suit.

Wow, Google really is wonderful.

http://www.google.com/search?q=$12+...rome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl&safe=active

Turns out it was suburban Chicago, not Long Island. I do remember when this story broke. I was just starting to lose interest in collecting cards at the time.

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Looks like I may be on Live at Five tomorrow. I sent an email earlier to Lynda Baquero and I was called back and spoke to her and her assistant. It looks as though unless the tickets sell for the $790.50 that they are displayed at, including the buyers fees, they will run the story.

That's awesome, but now it's time to make sure that doesn't air. Call up media relations at stubhub and tell them all the details and that it's about to get to the public. I'm guessing miraculously your order will be refunded

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ

As I said, I really did not expect them to honor the $10 a ticket price, and I would have been ok with that. I just never imagined that I could end up on the hook for $3000. They even admit the price was $6.67 a couple of minuted before my purchase went thru and the woman I spoke with admits that the app is not real time while the web is.

I think at this point I will let Channel 4 News deal with them. I have been aggravated enough since last night and I don't want to have a stroke explaining this and arguing again with another representative.

AHB*

Yea!!! Go Get Em'. And make sure Stubhub knows about this ASAP. Good work my man!

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
That's awesome, but now it's time to make sure that doesn't air. Call up media relations at stubhub and tell them all the details and that it's about to get to the public. I'm guessing miraculously your order will be refunded

I would love to, but I am just a lowly peon to them and whenever I call or chat I have to go through the low level customer support. I find it nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone high up. Even the person I did speak with who gave me the 50% refund was extremely difficult to get a hold of.

If anyone has a better number that I can call I am willing to give it one more try.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I would love to, but I am just a lowly peon to them and whenever I call or chat I have to go through the low level customer support. I find it nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone high up. Even the person I did speak with who gave me the 50% refund was extremely difficult to get a hold of.

If anyone has a better number that I can call I am willing to give it one more try.

At worst send an email to media relations:
http://www.stubhub.com/company-contact/

A 30-second spot on broadcast TV costs them thousands of dollars. Your piece will be on the air for 2-3 minutes and won't exactly be "on message" for their marketing department, it'll be cheaper to refund you

AHB*

I feel like if you call them and lay it out quickly with what is going on, they will escalate it up. No pawn is going to want to be caught up in this, they're going to pass you off to someone fast if you tell them what's happening.

Keep us posted this is edge of your seat stuff. WE're all rooting for you!

AK2794

May 31, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Reach out to them by email, send it to as many stubhub email addresses you can find. Someone will forward it on to a decision maker who will be smart enough to issue the full refund to you

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
If it's worth any consolation, there were a pair of Kings fans who were asked to step aside last night when the tickets they presented (which were STH stock) were not accepted at the turnstile.. I would assume the STH re-issued the bar codes, and either they (or someone else) sold the hard tickets...

Wonder what heads roll in this situation... meaning, does the STH have any explaining to do???

Cheers!
-Doug
I have brought this scenario up before and the reason I tell people why they shouldn't buy on the street. What is to stop me from issuing myself new tickets with new barcodes, then turning around and selling the stubs on the street?

Now, some have said you can take a picture of the seller? well, what if I sell them to someone who is just looking to re-sell?

Secondly, how much will the garden really care? Investigating this does not put a cent in their pocket, actually costs them money as they are paying an employee(s) to investigate. Also, everyone knows when you buy on the street you are taking a risk. These types of stories are more of a reason to buy from legit sources such as the team ticket exchange.

Me personally, I would never do this as I am not a dirtbag, but wouldn't put it past anyone else.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I have brought this scenario up before and the reason I tell people why they shouldn't buy on the street. What is to stop me from issuing myself new tickets with new barcodes, then turning around and selling the stubs on the street?

Now, some have said you can take a picture of the seller? well, what if I sell them to someone who is just looking to re-sell?

Secondly, how much will the garden really care? Investigating this does not put a cent in their pocket, actually costs them money as they are paying an employee(s) to investigate. Also, everyone knows when you buy on the street you are taking a risk. These types of stories are more of a reason to buy from legit sources such as the team ticket exchange.

Me personally, I would never do this as I am not a dirtbag, but wouldn't put it past anyone else.

As a STH you are responsible for your cancelled stubs. If a victim is aggressive enough you are putting your entire account at risk of cancellation

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Reach out to them by email, send it to as many stubhub email addresses you can find. Someone will forward it on to a decision maker who will be smart enough to issue the full refund to you

The only email I could find is the CEO. I emailed him and I also sent a tweet to him and to the chief technology officer. I do not expect a reply, but will keep you all posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad