Injury Report: 2013-14 Team Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
He lost some teeth and has some swelling in his mouth. We'll probably see him wear one of those stupid jaw-shield things for like a week but I'll be shocked if he's not playing tomorrow.

Selamne heading home for two weeks foe oral surgery. Won't be available.
According to Stephens tweet

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Selamne heading home for two weeks foe oral surgery. Won't be available.
According to Stephens tweet

Not surprised. dont forget he has alot of implants in his mouth already.. Swelling in his mouth must be causing alot of headaches..

Wiesel

May 29, 2008
Teemu seems to have some kind of a olympic year curse with his jaw. Better put on some protection beforehand in 17-18 season.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Not surprised. dont forget he has alot of implants in his mouth already.. Swelling in his mouth must be causing alot of headaches..
Isn't it way worse if you have implants due to the fact that they are like screwed in? I mean I know they sent "screwed" in but there is like little metal rods or something that are attached to the jaw?

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Isn't it way worse if you have implants due to the fact that they are like screwed in? I mean I know they sent "screwed" in but there is like little metal rods or something that are attached to the jaw?

Yea stuff probably shifts. Not to mention he could still have chunks of tooth broken in his gums to remove. Most likely nothing more then repairing some stuff. I think he will be back before two weeks.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The metal rod/implant is screwed directly into the jaw bone. Over time, the bone fills in around and through the implant. The crown then fits over it. I don't think that is good or bad, it just is. I don't see it as any better or worse relative to a new injury.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
As bad as all these injuries are at least it's not our top end guys (Getz, Perry, Fowler and Beauchemin (who IMO is starting to look miles better)) that are out. Things could be worse, this is another reason why having a deep team with plenty of vets that keeps young players on the lower lines/in the minors can still succeed with injury issues.

Wiesel

May 29, 2008
I'm not too worried with these injuries. We have one of the deepest teams in the league, and our best players are doing great. Time for DSP, Etem, Rakell etc to show what they are made of.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Silfverberg-Koivu-Selanne
Sbisa-Souray

Fasth

That`s a nice line we are missing. + Penner and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events