Injury Report: 2013-14 Team Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverybodylovesSbisa

Jan 19, 2013
Sbisa will play tomorrow for the Admirals in the AHL.

Quote:
"I can't loose anything, i am really happy to play again."

Its also stated that GM BM advised him to start in the AHL to build up some self-confidence. After the 2 games against Rochester and Binghamton he's trying to make the team for Monday against the New York Rangers.

source: swiss media

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
One of those kind of posts but apparently my Uncle talked to Teemu at my cousins soccer game today and should be good to go within a week.

Thats good news. Expected/hoped for as much.

Im actually ok with the unjuries... what i dont want is anyone rushed back when not performing 100%. We got enough replacements.

I hope sbisa practices in the ahl until he is back near nhl shape and timing.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Thats good news. Expected/hoped for as much.

Im actually ok with the unjuries... what i dont want is anyone rushed back when not performing 100%. We got enough replacements.

I hope sbisa practices in the ahl until he is back near nhl shape and timing.

AHL loans off IR are for 6 days or 3 games.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I thought I saw somewhere he was on "long term" rehab loan. Is it possible he could be there longer?
From the CBA

13.9 Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan. A Player who is on the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception as set forth in Article 50 may, with his consent, during the term of such Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception (but in no event during the first fourteen (14) calendar days and six (6) NHL Games), be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan (the "Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan") for a period not to exceed up to the longer of six (6) days and three (3) games, solely for the purpose of determining whether the Player is fit to play. If the Club determines that it needs more time to assess the Player's fitness to play, the Club may file a written request with the Commissioner's Office, with a copy to the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, to extend the Loan for an additional two (2) games. The Commissioner, upon good cause, may approve the one-time extension. The Commissioner's approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. A Player on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan will continue to be listed on Injured Reserve and will not count against the Club's 23-man roster limit. The Club's Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception will continue until the Conditioning Loan ends, and his Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses will continue to count against the Club's Upper Limit and the Players' Share during such time. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is placed on a Bona Fide Long- Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan. If he has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers or otherwise to Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take other disciplinary action against the Club as he deems appropriate. A Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan may be extended on one occasion. This procedure can only be used once during each period of time that the Player is on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Interesting. That whole paragraph is all due to the salary cap era. I imagine guys have routinely been sent down for post injury conditioning stints since before the cap (It's certainly been going on in baseball for a long time). But now the league has to make sure teams aren't circumventing the cap.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So now Anaheim have more or less 8 regulars, or soon to be 7 (Sbisa) out of the line up and 4th in man games lost at 31st October (can't find a more recent list)

Goaltender: Fasth
Defence: Vatanen, Souray, Sbisa
Forward: Selanne, Koivu, Silfverberg, Beleskey

This has got to stop at one point.....right? I'm just glad Anaheim has that depth now. Imagine this happening to the 10-11 Ducks team, that would be brutal :laugh:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Upper-body injury according to BB.

Ducks broadcast pointed to a hit towards end of the 2nd where he was hit in the jaw, but no-one is really 100% sure at this stage.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
What's the latest on Fasth? Is there a timetable on when he's expected to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad