Injury Report: 2013-14 Team Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Surprisingly we don't have an injury thread despite all the injuries we've had so far this year. Figured this should be used to keep track of where all our injured players are at.

Souray is out until at least December after wrist surgery.
Sbisa has a sprained left (?) ankle and BB is being as vague and inaccurate as possible about a possible return time.
Beleskey has a broken thumb. no timetable as of yet.
Penner had a lower body injury which changed to an upper body injury but is now a lower body injury again as of todays practice. He's doubtful for the Sens game.
Beauchemin is obviously playing but is nowhere near 100% after surgery to repair a torn ACL in May.

Perrault, Bonino and Palmieri have all been declared as fit for the Sens game.

Not a great start to the year but I've seen far worse injury lists.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Let's get it out of the way early. Also, somewhat of a blessing in disguise as the team gets to see a lot of the youngsters without having to pull guys out unnecessarily. Depth has been good so far.

HockeyShack

Feb 18, 2005
Sbisa - wouldn't be surprised to hear he broke his ankle. He's been out way too long now for just a sprain.

I did lookup and see Crosby missed 21 games due to a high ankle sprain in 2008. So he could be out a long ass time if that's it.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Sbisa - wouldn't be surprised to hear he broke his ankle. He's been out way too long now for just a sprain.

I did lookup and see Crosby missed 21 games due to a high ankle sprain in 2008. So he could be out a long ass time if that's it.

A sprain means a pulled muscle or ligament, and a pull is another term for a light tear. It can definitely be worse than a break/fracture.

numberthirtyfive*

noesen's out for the year with a torn mcl and acl...not sure if that belongs here but yeah

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
A sprain means a pulled muscle or ligament, and a pull is another term for a light tear. It can definitely be worse than a break/fracture.

Especially if it's a high ankle sprain. That could take several weeks, even a couple of months, to heal properly.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
noesen's out for the year with a torn mcl and acl...not sure if that belongs here but yeah

Thats sucky.

But... not horrible.

Dont know if this year was his year anyway... maybe 2014-2015 was his year to get callup anyway...

Hes got a lot of work and conditioning to do to come back.

JeffShibley

Jul 31, 2005
Also with Smith-Pelly being called up today I am assuming that means Beleskey is going to be put on the IR? I know he has been hurt for a while, but I haven't seen anything say he is on the IR, but I guess he will be soon to make room for DSP.

EDIT: I was told that the Ducks webpage has Beleskey listed on the IR. I knew he has been hurt for a while, I just never saw anything that said he was on the IR until now. Makes sense though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad