Injury Report: 2013-14 Team Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducksgo*

I don't get it. Are you celebrating the injury? Stupidly oblivious that Silfverberg is also young?

Not celebrating the injury by any means. But having Etem and Palms seeing some real minutes shouldn't start controversy should it?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For real though Ducksgo. If you're gonna be on the youth movement train at least be consistent about it. Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen, Silfverberg, Bonino are all young and I never see you post about them.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Not celebrating the injury by any means. But having Etem and Palms seeing some real minutes shouldn't start controversy should it?

Silfverberg is better than Etem, and only marginally older.

This makes us a worse team. I don't know how you could think that's a good thing. You might do well to remember that the Ducks should come first, before the players you like. Winning hockey games. That is what is important.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Noooo......

tumblr_inline_mgswrznKjX1qbxuu4_zpsc5769497.gif

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The 2007 team had injury problems too. Just FYI.
Not to this extent, the sheer number of players injured. At least, not that I remember. We did lose Pronger for a while, but our top 9 were all pretty healthy. We did lose some guys in the playoffs, though.

edit - and I think that was the year Fedoruk had the face cave in.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Not to this extent, the sheer number of players injured. At least, not that I remember. We did lose Pronger for a while, but our top 9 were all pretty healthy. We did lose some guys in the playoffs, though.

edit - and I think that was the year Fedoruk had the face cave in.

Giguere, Bryzgalov, Marchant, Pronger, Niedermayer, and Beauchemin? All in about a month? (I might have forgotten someone else)

Fedoruk was 2006.

I think the injury problems are being overstated here. Beauchemin is recovering from an ACL. Souray was hurt in the off-season(and, we all know injuries are an issue for him). Sbisa with a sprain.

Except for the broken wrist for Silfverberg(which has nothing to do with being glass... a good hard chop in the right spot will break something), this is all small stuff. That's normal. For any team. It's far more unusual for a team to not have problems like this over an 82 game season.

Edit: Sorry, I should elaborate, as far as this season goes, it's small stuff. Beauchemin's tear was last season, and Souray was in the off-season. Franky was a friggin warrior for playing on that tear. These are just the consequences of that.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I will say, though, that if this is an issue over the course of the entire season(where it seems like every week we're losing someone) I'll change my opinion. That would definitely not be normal.

Ducksgo*

Silfverberg is better than Etem, and only marginally older.

This makes us a worse team. I don't know how you could think that's a good thing. You might do well to remember that the Ducks should come first, before the players you like. Winning hockey games. That is what is important.

You are seriously jumping to assumptions Sojourn. Making us a worst of a team? How do you know this? Magic 8 ball?

Give the kid a chance. Hell both kids.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You are seriously jumping to assumptions Sojourn. Making us a worst of a team? How do you know this? Magic 8 ball?

You are absolutely dreaming if you think losing Silfverberg makes us a better team.

I know you love Etem, and you think he's the best thing since sliced bread, but the NHL is result driven. It isn't potential driven. Silfverberg is currently the better player, and losing him makes us a worse team.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

I'm as big a supporter of Etem, though not part of the bat-**** crazy contingent you're chartering, but Silfverberg is a lot better than him. A whole lot. I love Etem but the only thing he does better is skate and hit. Though Silfverberg has gone cold lately Etem has to really elevate his game to make up for Silfverberg. We're absolutely worse today than we were yesterday. We're still strong enough to win but you're naive if you think this doesn't hurt the team.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Originally Posted by Duckguy View Post
Per Stephens - Silf is out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand, Penner is back, MP22 is day to day

Silf is one of our better defensive-minded forwards who also can score as well as be a part of the shootout. This sucks. Add missing MP22 on top of that and that's 2/3rds of our second line!

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
So the following players are out tonight:

Beleskey, Souray, Perrault, Penner, Fasth, and Silf.

My god these injuries blow. That's 3 top six forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad