Injury Report: 2013-14 Team Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I cried some tears of joy when I read there was no broken bones. You mean SOB Getzy :laugh:

I don't think he will, he hasn't actually broken anything. The only danger would be of the stitches breaking I suppose.

Yeah, that's the thing - they'll target his face in every scrum. If there's muscle torn as well that was stitched up that could be a big deal.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Yeah, that's the thing - they'll target his face in every scrum. If there's muscle torn as well that was stitched up that could be a big deal.

That would be a worry, it's just a tough position to be it. I don't think you'd really want to do anything that could affect Getzy's play if it isn't a 'serious issue' as such. But on other side, as you're saying you want him to be protected in those scrum situations.

I guess the only solution is for Perry to double his facewashes and his you're gonna get its while Getzy is recovering then ;)

Oct 18, 2011
BldkTXpCUAAcE5b.jpg

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
my thoughts as well, i've taken my fair share of objects to the face, key thing.....he can see, and it doesnt look like his nose is broken. in a few days the swelling should go away

Yep, no broken bones and being able to see fine are the biggest things.

It's amazing to think Getzy almost braced for getting hit by turning his head at the last second, would of been devastating to of got hit front on.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Stephens saying on twitter Getzlaf is expected to be in for game 2, x-rays came back negative.....whew I was more worried about that than my exam in 4 hours

Excuse me for popping in, but I was concerned about Getzlaf's injury.

I'm not surprised Ryan is going to play next game as the Getzlaf's are very tough guys.

I'm from their hometown (Regina, Saskatchewan), and his brother Chris plays for our CFL team (Roughriders) and never misses a game unless it's a serious injury.

P.S. If the Ducks can get really physical with Seguin, he will probably get rattled and start making mistakes.

Good Luck to the Ducks!....unless they play the Bruins in the SC final.;)

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i guess its a matter of perspective but, that looks HORRIBLE....i scrolled down and saw that picture and thought the cut was his actual mouth. i guess its weird to see that and say he is "lucky" but he is very very lucky......getz is a freaking beast

yellar

Aug 4, 2009
If it's up to Beleskey if he plays I would say he is in the lineup. Tolerance for pain in playoffs is crazy from what I have seen. Dislocated shoulder, foot too swollen to put on his skate..nothing stopped him . Great that Getz is ok to play. Glad game 2 is a friday night so I can watch the entire game

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
i guess its a matter of perspective but, that looks HORRIBLE....i scrolled down and saw that picture and thought the cut was his actual mouth. i guess its weird to see that and say he is "lucky" but he is very very lucky......getz is a freaking beast

I thought the same thing.

One inch higher and that wrecks his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->