Nov 30, 2011
MacArthur Turris Ryan
Puempel Spezza Stone
Prince Zibby Michelak
Conacher Smith Greening

Claesson Karlsson
Meth Ceci
Cowen PattyW

No Philips or Neil cause they could net us some picks at the deadline. both have outstayed there welcome

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan (18-20 mins)
Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek (15-17 mins)
Smith-Spezza-Stone (13-16 mins)
Greening-Grant-Neil (5-10 mins)

Cowen-Karlsson (28-30 mins)
Methot-Wiercioch(13-16 mins)
Phillips-Ceci (13-16 mins)

That's my vote but I would pretty much even out the minutes with the 2 and 3 lines, and Spezza and Zibby would get more due to PP time. Forth line would have Condra on it instead of Greening.

SensUnofficial

@SensUnofficial
Dec 30, 2013
Kitchener, Ontario.
I wouldn't be against it honestly. Michalek needs a spark, so does Spezza. Bobby Ryan and Kyle Turris have been good, but the real chemistry has been between MacArthur and Turris. Give it another try for sure. If all else fails. Try Zibanejad or Conacher (instead of Michalek) on the other wing with Spezza and Ryan.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I think Grizz-Turris is where it's at for that line which means we could give Ryan-Spezza another shot. So how about

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
Macarthur - Turris - Stone
Conacher - Zib - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

Karlsson - Methot
Ceci - Phillips
Cowen - Wiercoch

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Lets load up our top two lines.

MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Ryan - Spezza - Zibanejad
Greening - Smith - Neil
Condra - SDC/JGP - Stone

Michalek gives our dynamic duo a strong, speedy sniper to rush with. Ryan's lack of jump does him no good with guys that skate circles around him. The Spezza line has big bodies with big shots who can cycle all day. Ryan can easily convert to the other side, and opens him up for the one timer from Spezza or Zibanejad.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Lets load up our top two lines.

MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Ryan - Spezza - Zibanejad
Greening - Smith - Neil
Condra - SDC/JGP - Stone

Michalek gives our dynamic duo a strong, speedy sniper to rush with. Ryan's lack of jump does him no good with guys that skate circles around him. The Spezza line has big bodies with big shots who can cycle all day. Ryan can easily convert to the other side, and opens him up for the one timer from Spezza or Zibanejad.

We do load up our top two lines. Stone is better suited to play with Spezza than Zibby.

MacArthur - Turris Ryan
Michalek - Spezza - Stone
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
A few assumptions to start....

1 - Phillips is traded for a pick (no less than a 2nd rounder)
2 - Stone is ready to return soon from injury
3 - The organization will abide having four waiver exempt Binghamton call-ups on the pro roster (i.e. Zibby, Stone, Ceci, and Grant)

.... then, based on play this season, I would line them up like this......

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Zibby - Spezza - Stone
Michalek - Smith - Condra
Greening - Grant - Neil
(Conacher, Kassian)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba
(Corvo)

Andy/Lehner

This is a group that can (a) make the playoffs and (b) take a run at upsetting a higher seed in the first round. Beyond that I don't know but at least it wouldn't be a step back from last season. This could be done without sacrificing a single pick or prospect for a rental player. The Senators organization has done an excellent job of stock-piling talent in recent years. Now it's time to use that talent wisely rather than giving a portion of it away for some negligible upgrade at the trade deadline.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Michalek would bury the former MoTor line into the ground.

As soon as the word "sniper" came up I lost interest. I can't find any explaination for why he can't score anymore. It's baffling he get tons of ice time on the top lines and on the power play. I still like him as a player but WOW what happened ?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Team won last night and the best news to come out of this is that means we dont have to see phillips next game!

Best players play, and dont change a winning lineup.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Moulson - Spezza - Stafford
Michalek - Zibanejad - Stone
Greening - Smith - Neil/Kassian

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercioch - Gryba/Boroweicki

Anderson - Lehner

BigBush*

I have a feeling if the roster stays healthy Maclean will roll the same lines he had tonight into the playoffs (if the sens make it). The only question is who is the 4C? Da Costas had some good games but I'd still like to see Pageau get another shot playing with Condra and Conacher

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The lines as they are right now are perfect.

Michalek - Spezza - Zibanejad
Conacher - Da Costa - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

I guess when Stone gets back he will replace Zibanejad on the top line and Zibanejad will centre Conacher and Condra. I'm not upset about that. If only Ottawa could acquire a great, speedy defensive LWer to play with Spezza and Stone...someone like Hagelin or Grabner would be awesome to have.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I hate the current lines.

Michalek should be no where near Spezza. Zibanejad should be center. GSN is barf.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Spezza-Stone
Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek
Hoffman-Da Costa-Condra

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
The lines as they are right now are perfect.

Michalek - Spezza - Zibanejad
Conacher - Da Costa - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

I guess when Stone gets back he will replace Zibanejad on the top line and Zibanejad will centre Conacher and Condra. I'm not upset about that. If only Ottawa could acquire a great, speedy defensive LWer to play with Spezza and Stone...someone like Hagelin or Grabner would be awesome to have.

I think your right but what does happen when Stone gets back ? I prefer Zibanejad at center and I like Stone with Spezza. What happens to DaCosta ? Does Stone or DaCosta get sent to Binghamton ? Tough call, I like;

MacArthur - Turris -Ryan
XXXXX - Spezza - Stone
Conacher - Zibanejad - Michalek
Greening - Smith - Condra

And I want Neil in my line up !! Something has to give we need to move some bodies for XXXXXX.

WhiteLight*

I hate the current lines.

Michalek should be no where near Spezza. Zibanejad should be center. GSN is barf.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Spezza-Stone
Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek
Hoffman-Da Costa-Condra

Perfect. You're a genius Benny. Smith is actually the centre, but yes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think your right but what does happen when Stone gets back ? I prefer Zibanejad at center and I like Stone with Spezza. What happens to DaCosta ? Does Stone or DaCosta get sent to Binghamton ? Tough call, I like;

Didn't you read my whole post? Like I said when Stone gets back I imagine that Da Costa will be moved/sent down and Zibanejad would slot into his spot effectively just making the line-up like this:

Greening - Smith - Neil

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Didn't you read my whole post? Like I said when Stone gets back I imagine that Da Costa will be moved/sent down and Zibanejad would slot into his spot effectively just making the line-up like this:

Greening - Smith - Neil

I read it you said "I guess" DaCosta gets sent down. It is possible that Stone goes down who knows. They may just not want to mess with a winning lineup. I'm glad that DaCosta made a big enough statement this go around that he will make the decision difficult for them. :)

WhiteLight*

Da Costa is good. better than Greening and Neil for sure. He should not be cut if those two are still on the team

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
We're gonna be stuck with Greening and Neil for awhile still -_-

Neil has a role it's not his fault that MacLean keeps putting him on the ice late in the game to protect leads.:shakehead Greening is just a grinding forth liner once again the problem is MacLean and his love affair with this guy, I can't figure it out.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I would very much like to see Greening-Smith-Condra be our fouth line down the stretch once Neil gets "injured". That's a line you can send out to protect a lead or gain back some momentum. Having Neil and Greening as wingers on the same line is too much of the same thing. Greening has more skill and is better on the boards... which isn't saying much though.

Neil is able to pull a clutch goal out of his ass every ten games or so. Much appreciated, but the bad still outweighs the good. (see recent highlights against Carolina for example)

Neil and Phillips will find their way into our playoff lineup, if we make it. Their playoff versions are both much better than their regular season version... but their regular season version has never been so old or bad before.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad