Line Combos: 2013-14 Line Combos Thread

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Guessing Matt Puempel is too small for you? You know the kid that is already in our system, has very good goal scorer, can fight. The kid who has a full season in Bingo already.

Puempel is an interesting prospect with potential no question, although some question his skating, I don't I think he can get into the shooting lanes, snipers always fine ways. He could also be used as a trade asset, I don't really know what to think of him or what his future could be with the organization. I thought he would do better in Bingo & he does seem to be coming along nicely but I would certainly give him another yr. I think Schneider is ahead of him right now maybe because he is older but we'll see, being a first round pick does give him some value though.

I have no clue what I'm talking about ? And you do :laugh: Most people don't question you but boy you get uptight when someone disagrees with you. Just my opinion :) I like skilled hockey players not skating pylons that are big. Where are Dizzy and Robinson in your lineups, two of your recent (large) favorites ?

People disagree with me all the time on here, like when I said Turris had first line potential last yr people said he would never be more than a 2nd line centre. Or when I said Ceci should be the 2nd pairing right shot defenceman instead of Corvo, most here said he should remain in Bingo for more seasoning. I'm constantly defending Greening, Smith, Wiercioch & Gryba. You are always on me about size, so what, I prefer a bigger, tougher team, I'm consistent that way

After playing some decent hockey for Ottawa Dizzy made a bad decision which IMO could have or seems to have cost him his NHL career, with Ottawa anyway, I think you know that. Too bad too, you hate to see a player go out like that. Robinson is in his first pro season, let's revisit this next yr, it ain't over for him just yet or have you already written him off. If fighting in the NHL continues to spiral downwards I could see at some future time where Neil is older & maybe not as needed & Robinson replaces Neil as a 3rd/4th line winger. It will be interesting to see if Neil gets another contract with Ottawa. Hard not to notice a big 6'5" player who can skate but he needs to put it all together & he has time in Bingo to improve.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Is that the 6'1" 205 lbs Matt Puempel you are referring to???

While I appreciate why you posted this (or I think I do) comparing Matt to Cory in terms of size is a little bit of a stretch!!!!!

Puempel is an interesting prospect with potential no question, although some question his skating, I don't I think he can get into the shooting lanes, snipers always fine ways. He could also be used as a trade asset, I don't really know what to think of him or what his future could be with the organization. I thought he would do better in Bingo & he does seem to be coming along nicely but I would certainly give him another yr. I think Schneider is ahead of him right now maybe because he is older but we'll see, being a first round pick does give him some value though.

Sorry to clarify I'm referring to the point Aragorn made about needing a big LW scorer and trading for Mantha.

Mantha the guy who has work ethic issues, questionable skating, and 0 games of professional experience.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
When Spezza and Neil are back I want to see

16-7-6
14-19-22
89-93-9
61-15-25

If Spezza-Greening and Greening-Condra chemistry comes back that could be 3 good lines

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Brent Wallace posted Sens lines vs Colorado:

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Smith Spezza Stone
Conacher Zibanejad Michalek
Greening Pageau Condra

Pretty nice lines.

I was thinking about the playoffs and being able to call up Lazar once his team is eliminated. I would do it without hesitation and insert him directly in the lineup for a 1 or 2 game trial, I think he would be awesome. Would he fit on a 4th line with Smith and Neil? That would be a gritty line. Play him on a scoring line with Spezza? Have him centre the 4th line with Neil and Greening/Condra? Lots of options.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sorry to clarify I'm referring to the point Aragorn made about needing a big LW scorer and trading for Mantha.

Mantha the guy who has work ethic issues, questionable skating, and 0 games of professional experience.

My point trading for Mantha would be for the future not for right now. But I still think Ottawa could use a top line LWer, a guy like Fleischmann who I have said would fit nicely with Spezza & Stone. When those issues were mentioned to a Detroit scout regarding Mantha, he said, "all the guy does is score". Every team wants a player that all he does is score. IMO Mantha is a lot like Stone with some of the same issues & skills. Having two slow wingers may not be the best thing especially on the same line in a fast skating league but if they make up for their skating issues with goals that's not a bad thing.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We were talking about this in the Spezza thread, but here is more appropriate: what do you do when Neil's back?

1- keep going with what we have and bench him
2- sit Pageau/Kassian
3- sit Condra
4- sit/send down Stone
5- other?

For option 1 (which I like), I'd make room on the bench by sending Pageau down and sending Kassian to Toronto (the equivalent of Breaking Bad's "trip to Belize"?). I'd consider recalling Hoffman and going with the following:

MoToR
Conacher - Ziba - Michalek
Hoffman - Spezza - Stone
Greening - Smith - Condra

For option 2 to work we need to make room on RW, maybe by moving Michalek to LW? For example:

MoToR
Conacher - Ziba - Condra
Michalek - Spezza - Stone <- not bad, actually
Greening - Smith - Neil

(my bet is that's what Stache will go with)

Or swap Neil and Condra if you're allergic to Greening and Neil on the same line.

I think option 2 is the likeliest, but it messes up Ziba's line. Would they send Pageau down if they go with option 2?

Option 3 is straightforward, Neil just takes Condra's spot:

MoToR
Conacher - Ziba - Michalek
Smith - Spezza - Stone
Greening - Pageau - Neil

The advantage of option 3 is that it keeps the first three lines intact. The issue is that Condra has done nothing to merit being benched. Again, do they send Pageau down?

Option 4 would be returning to the roster as it was pre-Neil injury. I don't think Stone has done anything to deserve being sent down. If "best players play", it would be unfair to keep Pageau up and send Stone down.

Any suggestions for option 5? What would you do? What do you think Stache will do?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

QUOTE]

Puempel is the same size as Marian Hossa. 5 pounds lighter and still gaining

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
If Neil is healthy he is 100% going to be inserted in the lineup.

It doesn't matter if some posters think he shouldn't be, even remotely thinking that Maclean is NOT going to dress Neil is silly.

0 % chance he is not in lineup.

Looking at our team the most likely guys out of the lineup right now are Kassian and Pageau. Obviously if Pageau goes to Bingo or press box then Smith is back at centre.

Assuming the two scoring lines and Spezza and Stone stay together:

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Xxxxxxxx Spezza Stone
Xxxxxxxx Smith Neil

Condra and Greening will end up in those two spots almost certainly. I could see reasons for either line, though Greening probably ends up with Spezza.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

It doesn't matter if some posters think he shouldn't be, even remotely thinking that Maclean is NOT going to dress Neil is silly.

Looking at our team the most likely guys out of the lineup right now are Kassian and Pageau. Obviously if Pageau goes to Bingo or press box then Smith is back at centre.

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Xxxxxxxx Spezza Stone
Xxxxxxxx Smith Neil

Condra and Greening will end up in those two spots almost certainly. I could see reasons for either line, though Greening probably ends up with Spezza.

Yip, if Neil is back Pageau is most likely gone to AHL. Those lines look like what they will be like once Neil is back. Whenever that is.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Xxxxxxxx Spezza Stone
Xxxxxxxx Smith Neil

I think these are not unlikely:

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Spezza - Stone
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So Lehner to start tomorrow, Neil upgraded to day to day.

Tough to take out Anderson right now, but you gotta get Lehner a game or two somewhere.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think these are not unlikely:

Michalek - Spezza - Stone
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

I'd rather keep Michalek with Zib. It's working, why change it?

That means most likely Greening plays with Spezza, which is ok. That would make a nice 3rd line.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So Lehner to start tomorrow, Neil upgraded to day to day.

Tough to take out Anderson right now, but you gotta get Lehner a game or two somewhere.

Lehner should be starting in bingo. Bishop should be backing up anderson. :laugh::rant::(;)

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
With Neil back I'd like to see:

Conacher - Zibanejad - Michalek
Smith - Spezza - Stone
Condra - Greening - Neil

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
With Neil back I'd like to see:

Smith - Spezza - Stone
Condra - Greening - Neil

Colin greening is about 30% in the faceoff circle. You cant put that line out consistently.

Mac had Kassian- Michalek - Neil as a line in practice. I think i would vomit.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Colin greening is about 30% in the faceoff circle. You cant put that line out consistently.

Mac had Kassian- Michalek - Neil as a line in practice. I think i would vomit.

Faceoffs are always great to win but that doesnt mean we cant rely on that line.

And I really liked Smith playing with Spezza last game.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
With Pageau going down and neil coming back,

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/Speeza/Stone
Conacher/Zibanejad/Condra
Greening/Smith/Neil

is what I would run.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/Speeza/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil

is what I would run.

I wouldn't break up the Michalek - Zib - Con line.

Mac - Tur - Ryan
Con - Zib - Milo
Greening - Spez - Stone
Condra - Smith - Neil

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/Speeza/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil

is what I would run.

dont mind this... will be interesting to see if Greening Smith and Neil go back to being awful in their own end.

Maybe switch Neil and Condra?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd go with this lineup for tomorrow's game considering Montreal will probably have Parros in their lineup. I'd sit one of Conacher or Condra.

Greening - Spezza - Stone
Kassian - Smith - Neil/Condra

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba/Wiercioch

Anderson - Lehner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad