2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Because he is flashy and has preformed really well on the international stage before. I just don't understand how Canada says they wanted players to play within themselves and then go and select Dumba. That kid has so much talent, but takes huge risks constantly.

From what I've seen, Nurse should be there instead of Dumba. Completely unimpressive.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I still would've taken Rielly over him, that kid's actually going to be astounding. Probably starting the moment after Toronto impatiently trades him away.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
More like moronic scouts. Trouba at the WJC(twice) was a beast and his first stint he was the only bright spot for a poor USA team. If the draft was redone Trouba would be the 1st dman to go.

I was just being a smart ass. :laugh:

Considering the circumstances Bigras has looked pretty good. He has one mistake that lead to a Finnish goal, but other than that I would say he has looked solid. I think he makes the team.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
More like moronic scouts. Trouba at the WJC(twice) was a beast and his first stint he was the only bright spot for a poor USA team. If the draft was redone Trouba would be the 1st dman to go.

i'd take lindholm and murray still ahead of him.

but i'm maybe biased as i've seen more of them.

anyway it certainly isn't clear cut for trouba.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
i'd take lindholm and murray still ahead of him.

but i'm maybe biased as i've seen more of them.

anyway it certain isn't clear cut for trouba.

There's really no one of knowing right now but I think Trouba will end up better than those 2 as well. Haven't seen much of Murray(only with Canada) wasn't impressed but Lindholm looks real good whenever I watch the ducks.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
My guess is that Bigras is cut and Reinhart slots into that spot when he serves his games.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
severson didn't play much and didn't look good when he played.

bigras was fine after that first goal. got time on 5on3 pk etc.

dumba was also bad. but i don't think they'll cut him.

Last edited:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I would be somewhat surprised if Bigras got cut at this point. I think it will be Severson.

severson didn't play much and didn't look when he played.

bigras was fine after that first goal. got time on 5on3 pk etc.

dumba was also bad. but i don't think they'll cut him.

Hope you guys are right. I guess we should find out later today.

And yeah, Dumba was just awful.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Severson has been cut. They were only supposed to cut one defenseman so that means.......BIGRAS!

Only caught a bit of the game this morning and I thought Bigras looked good. Looking forward to seeing him playing in the tournament.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
That is awesome. Really looking forward to seeing more of Bigras.

Congrats to the kid.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Varlamov's charges are dropped, Avs beat the Oilers last night, and Bigras makes it to Team Canada.

Great day to be an Avs fan.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Varlamov's charges are dropped, Avs beat the Oilers last night, and Bigras makes it to Team Canada.

It is sad that that needs to be included. It is like making a 2 inch putt and pumping your fist.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's worth a fist pump if you've missed that 2 inch putt by three feet the last couple times you've tried it...

tiger-woods-fist-pump-o.gif

Fixed.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

And add to the list Hishon is supposedly is well enough to play again.

Anyway, I'm thrilled Bigras made it. What a great experience for him and it will be fun to watch him in action. Maybe now the ridiculous meme that Bigras didn't deserve the invite over Nurse can be laid to rest. Bigras was never the 8th D at camp anyway.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
For those following the US team closely, is Butcher likely to make the team or is he in danger of being cut?

Any other Avs prospects playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad