• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sucks to see Stamkos go down, but it opens the door for the Leafs.

Detroit, Toronto, Boston should start to seperate

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Cap will be at 70M next year, almost guarenteed

There was a really good post from a poster here, that gave some ideas as to how much different the increase in cap is today vs the previous CBA, due to the increase of HRR in this new CBA. Granted it will go up, the increases in cap going up are less than before with a lesser percentage of HRR being shared between the NHL and NHLP under the new CBA.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

It's horrible and that video is hard to watch. I really hope he recovers fully. It is sad he won't be at the olympics, i was looking forward to watch him.

Mapleleafs Fan*

I think this injury will open the Olympic doors for Giroux if he starts playing good games.

Mapleleafs Fan*

It's really a shame that such a great player gets hurt like this by merely playing the game. Backchecking is one of every players jobs, but we have floaters in the league (Toronto has one) who score goals and never see a bruise. The way Crosby and Ovechkin go into the boards and check so heavily worries me often. What else can they do? If they have the guts to play the "whole" game, then they're taking risks. This style can win a a cup though. Floaters never take a team anywhere!

Frustrating comment from a fan lol. I almost feel like every team in the league targets TML for anything related or non related. Even in EA sports NHL, players from leafs always suck.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Poor Stamkos:(

Watching him pounding his fist on the ice because he was in so much pain was really hard to watch. My favourite non-Leafs player and was really looking forward to seeing him on Team Canada but that seems unlikely as well.

Mapleleafs Fan*

This may be the opportunity for Tampa to add another young talent by finishing mid table.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I was just going to post this. Boston plays dirty but this was a freak accident

Hamilton pushed Stamkos though. I think its more of a case of picking bad habits than freak accident. The same result could have been if he pushed him near the boards and that would be suspendable. I'm utterly surprised we escaped game with Boston without one major injury, but few close calls [and who knows really?]. We should play them the same way and put Orr out there more to run Chara and others to teach them some more respect.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Hamilton pushed Stamkos though. I think its more of a case of picking bad habits than freak accident. The same result could have been if he pushed him near the boards and that would be suspendable. I'm utterly surprised we escaped game with Boston without one major injury, but few close calls [and who knows really?]. We should play them the same way and put Orr out there more to run Chara and others to teach them some more respect.

I think Clarkson will keep Boston on their best behaviour. Chara tried to start crap with JvR but after Clarkie put him on his butt, he seemed to cool off. On topic though I hope Stammers has a full recovery but also could use this opportunity to watch the Leafs rise in the standings.

Mapleleafs Fan*

If he's gone for the season, his cap hit would allow them almost anything.

Will they be able to get that anything? I probably doubt that. They may not want a rental in his absence to give up the picks and prospects for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad